Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 126 127 [128] 129 130 ... 334

Author Topic: Food Thread: Kitchen Chemistry  (Read 550383 times)

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
Re: Food Thread: Grammatical Misteaks
« Reply #1905 on: November 12, 2014, 10:15:08 am »

Could you post a recipe?
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1906 on: November 12, 2014, 10:20:30 am »

http://www.splendidtable.org/recipes/homemade-ricotta-and-cream-cheese

I followed this, but where it says to let it separate overnight, it didn't do it, so I brought it to a full boil, and (probably unnecessarily) added a bit more vinegar, then it separated pretty quickly. Then I let it sit for about 6 hours to be safe, and then hung it in a cloth for a bunch of hours. There was actually not a lot to drain out, because the cream I used was thick as hell already.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #1907 on: November 12, 2014, 08:31:24 pm »

I tried two methods of making iced coffee. So far the hot-brewed kind was delicious, although it wasn't very sweet because I forgot to add the sugar while it was still hot. The cold-brewed kind (cold water and ground coffee left to sit overnight) currently looks like mud in a jar, but we'll see how it tastes in the morning.

Cold brewed coffee is magnificent.

I can concur. For my hot-brewed iced coffee, i generally just make a plunger pot of normal coffee, have that during the day, then freeze the remaining liquid into a block.

I didn't really enjoy the cold-brewed kind. The taste wasn't very sharp, and once again all the sugar I added just sunk to the bottom (I should invest in some liquid sweetener). It was alright, but I preferred the hot brew.

The hot brew I did was just regular double-strength coffee, cooled in the fridge and then poured over ice. The cold brew was 1.5 cups of water with 1/3 cup of dark Yuban coffee.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #1908 on: November 12, 2014, 08:40:26 pm »

Made lamb rogan josh. Only the second or third time I've ever cooked lamb, and it turned out well. Damn shame that it's so expensive here, but a guy gets really tired of eating chicken all the time.

Made some kind of lemon-pepper chicken and mushroom concoction the other night. Started out sauteing fresh mushrooms in butter, crushed garlic, salt, pepper and lemon juice. Decided it needed a little something and I was out of white wine, so I used some Shaoxing wine I've had around forever (it's called "wine" but it's more like a dry sherry). Added some thin strips of chicken breast and continued to saute, then turned the heat up so the liquid condensed down into more of a sauce on the chicken and shrooms, then served the whole thing over pasta. Pretty darn good for a random concoction.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #1909 on: November 12, 2014, 09:20:45 pm »

Made lamb rogan josh. Only the second or third time I've ever cooked lamb, and it turned out well. Damn shame that it's so expensive here, but a guy gets really tired of eating chicken all the time.
Do you have a butcher or meat farm around? If Iowa's any indication, lamb heart is incredibly cheap, probably in about the same range as hamburger (although, that's hamburger from a butcher or farm, so it'll still be on par with decent grocery store beef steak in price). It might work well, although it does have a very slight liver-y flavor.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

rabidgam3r

• Bay Watcher
  • bruh
    • View Profile
« Reply #1910 on: November 13, 2014, 12:30:20 am »

I learned how to make bitchin' teriyaki chicken in a frying pan for like 9 bucks, guess that counts as something even if I don't use a recipe. :P Maybe I can support myself someday! Maybe.
Even if he hadn't brought the server down in a ball of flaming, slow-mo gibbing corgis

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1911 on: November 13, 2014, 08:41:46 am »

+1 for consuming hearts

They've always made a good stew when I've used them.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Reach Heaven through Violence
    • View Profile
« Reply #1912 on: November 13, 2014, 07:40:36 pm »

chicken chili and cornbread

tastes like hoooome~

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #1913 on: November 14, 2014, 06:41:41 pm »

Going to a 'Fryday' Friday gathering. (Basically chilling with folks and deep frying stuff)

I ask. What is good item to deep fry?
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #1914 on: November 14, 2014, 06:53:04 pm »

According to the South, anything.

Off the top of my head:

Peanut Butter and Jelly Sandwich

Candy Bars

Cookies

Button Mushrooms

Onion Rings

Pickles

Zucchini

Bananas

Corn Dogs

Dough (You drizzle like some Bisquick Pancake Mix over the oil, let it brown, scoop it out, hit it with powdered sugar, and you have Funnel Cake.)

---

Anyways, just posting to say, mom still make the best Rigatoni. Damn it is good.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1915 on: November 14, 2014, 07:24:56 pm »

Going to a 'Fryday' Friday gathering. (Basically chilling with folks and deep frying stuff)

I ask. What is good item to deep fry?
Chicken wings. All of them.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1916 on: November 14, 2014, 07:28:49 pm »

According to the South, anything.

Off the top of my head:

Peanut Butter and Jelly Sandwich

Candy Bars

Cookies

Button Mushrooms

Onion Rings

Pickles

Zucchini

Bananas

Corn Dogs

Dough (You drizzle like some Bisquick Pancake Mix over the oil, let it brown, scoop it out, hit it with powdered sugar, and you have Funnel Cake.)

---

Anyways, just posting to say, mom still make the best Rigatoni. Damn it is good.

I can vouch for Zucchini, Corn Dogs, Dough, Mars Bars, and ice cream oddly.

Edit:
If you're American, your Mars bars are wrong and I cannot vouch for them, btw.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2014, 07:30:33 pm by timferius »

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1917 on: November 15, 2014, 12:16:25 pm »

Peanut Butter and Jelly sandwiches?

Anyway, I need something to fill some rice balls with, so that I have something to eat for lunch during the week. I'm thinking something like mozzarella cheese, but I also want to add/use something else to that. I also want to make sure that the total cost comes out to no more than $10 a week(the rice is <$2/week already), preferably much less.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
  • AKA Aira; Legendary Female Gamer
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #1918 on: November 15, 2014, 01:08:39 pm »

Mars Bars in the USA are exactly the same. They just have a different name (Milky Way).

I've got half a Hokkaido pumpkin and some potatoes roasting in the oven right now. They are taking FOREVER to cook but oh MAN do they smell good. So hungry...

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1919 on: November 15, 2014, 01:15:33 pm »

Huh? At least in Germany Mars and Milky Way are distinct.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.
Pages: 1 ... 126 127 [128] 129 130 ... 334