Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 18

Author Topic: Evil Genius 2! EVIL HARDER! Turn 21 now up!  (Read 47333 times)

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Evil Genius 2! EVIL HARDER!
« Reply #90 on: April 19, 2012, 12:22:21 am »

OOG then.
Forenia Forever!
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Evil Genius 2! EVIL HARDER!
« Reply #91 on: April 19, 2012, 03:57:13 am »

Once, the most dire and dangerous Evil of the world struck out against the forces of Good. They formed organizations and with technology and cunning attempted to claim the world. Justice prevailed in the end, but their actions gave others the motivation to try again.

This is the story of that attempt.
----------------------------------

Week 1: How it all began!

----
« Last Edit: April 21, 2012, 01:35:24 am by Terenos »
But despite what you've been told, I once had a soul. Left somewhere behind...

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Evil Genius 2! EVIL HARDER! Turn 1 now up!
« Reply #92 on: April 19, 2012, 04:19:15 am »

//Woots I is in!!!\\

Passing back and forth before a wall, he paused every few moments to collect and shift a sheet of paper and move it to a different location. Other times he would growl under his breath and adjust something written on it or just rip it from the wall, scrunch it up and toss it with all his might into a corner. No one had bothered him for a long time, none of his Regulars or the Mooks that cared for the simple on goings of his new home. But time moves on. A light tap on the door of his office caused him to whirl around, lifting his arms to shield his eyes from the overhead light being turned on...

"Sir??? The Men are ready..." Muttered the Mook as he adjusted himself before his leader's glare...

Striding past him, Gathord pushed his hand heavily into the man's chest visually causing some pain. He Ignored it, he was a no body. The Five Men before him were his Hands in the world, the Webs he will weave with them and find those that destroyed him before.... No... First things must be restored...

"Right then..." He said, his face quickly changing to a beaming smile compared to the scrowl that was there moments ago, "We VENOM shall be rising and spreading the word that we are here, that we are going to be having alot of fun with this world." He extended his hand out and pointed at two of them. "You two, who ever you are, Go find us some Scientists, throw some cash into their faces to lure them here and extract their knowledge from them," Moving to the next two, "You go find us a Technician or something, AND FINALLY You... I think there are a few Gas Stations nearby, go help yourself to their Safes and bring it back here..." He Smiled widely and nodded happily to himself before turning back to his office and slamming the door. Once inside though his face rippled with anger as he glared at his NoteWall...

~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~

Orders ::
2 Regs - Scientist Search. Use Cash if Needed.
2 Regs - Technician Search. Use cash if needed.
1 Reg - Basic Cash Collection.

40Ru -> $2000

OOC :: I have always seen the Minions as more of the Important Minions, you know the ones with Names and such, while in the background there are plenty of Mooks who are there as cosmetic meaning. Also allows me to "Kill" failing minions and "Promote" Mooks in their place for RP effects. Any Problem with this RP only thing???

ALSO :: I am willing to Name my Minions if anyone wants to take a role of one. ^_^
« Last Edit: April 19, 2012, 04:21:19 am by Neyvn »
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: April 19, 2012, 05:44:38 am »

((Yaaaaaaaaaaay!))

Dr von Iron grinned again. It was a confident, predatory affair, like a man who's opponent had just made a costly mistake. Strangely, the five men before him found the look inspiring- they knew they weren't going to be on the receiving end of any intentional unpleasantness without serious provocation.

The first order of business, of course, was a laboratory. Von Iron found it difficult to overstate the utter and absolute importance of technological superiority. Certainly, there were other concerns as well- a well-rounded repertoire was vital to actually leveraging any one advantage properly- but research was by far the most important. Any fool could assemble a factory or make the right friends, but it took a true genius to make a better factory or render his friends obsolete.

Beyond that, his concerns were sadly mundane. He might want to improve the lab in the future, but in the present he just needed more money and an eye out for possibilities. He didn't like having to scrounge for currency like some common thug, but machinery didn't pay for itself. Not at first, anyway.

Orders:

1 Scientist: Construct Laboratory (-100 resources)
3 Minions: Cash Raising
1 Minion: Plotting

Purchase 40 resources (+40 resources, -$2,000)
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Hastur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: April 19, 2012, 05:46:14 am »

is there an order to the waitlist 'cause its not first come first serve.

RulerOfNothing

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: April 19, 2012, 07:12:10 am »

A Non-descript Warehouse in San Francisco:

The warehouse was mostly empty, with the exception of six people at its center. Five of the people were standing quietly at attention, while the sixth was quickly walking back and forth in front of them. He was also talking quite animatedly:

"...and though our path was long and arduous, we have finally come to the point where our dreams can be realised! This warehouse, while quite unimposing, will serve as the perfect base from which we can strike out at the world! Today..." he said, and then stammered as he saw that he expended his stock of vaguely inspiring statements with his twenty-minute speech.

At this, Maximillian Snowe put a gloved hand to his temple. "Right, that could have gone better. Anyhow you," he said, pointing to one of his minions, "apparently volunteered for guard duty for some inexplicable reason so I guess you get to guard our warehouse. Next, you two," pointing to two other minions, "you will search for opportunities to increase our notoriety. I believe the time for skulking in the shadows is over, and we need to make ourselves known to the world. There is one final thing that must be addressed. In our recent conflicts with law enforcement and minor criminal organisations, I have noticed that our opponents have access to the same equipment that we do. I ask you, is this fair?"

At this, the assembled minions gaped in shock at their leader. One of them was about to respond when Max continued. "Yes! Yes it is fair! And how are we supposed to win all the time if we play fair? No, we must gain an insurmountable technological advantage. To do this, we must acquire the services of a scientist. I have managed to compile a list of people who could easily be 'persuaded' to work for us," Max pulled a piece of paper with a list of names out of his trenchcoat and handed it to the last two minions, "so I expect your endeavours will meet with success."

After Max finished talking, the minions walked off to perform their assigned tasks. Yes, everything is coming along nicely, Max thought to himself as he stood in the now-empty warehouse.

Orders.
2 Regulars will seek out a Scientist and 'persuade' him/her to provide scientific training to one of the Foundation's members.
2 Regulars will plot, evilly.
1 Regular will guard the warehouse.

Spoiler: OOC silliness (click to show/hide)

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: April 19, 2012, 07:25:50 am »

Spoiler: OOC silliness (click to show/hide)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 19, 2012, 07:27:22 am by Neyvn »
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?

RulerOfNothing

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: April 19, 2012, 07:28:07 am »

Sorry about that, I just wanted to make a silly joke about that, but I guess I shouldn't have said that.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: April 19, 2012, 07:31:21 am »

Sorry about that, I just wanted to make a silly joke about that, but I guess I shouldn't have said that.
Its cool. Its just the amount of people that go... OMG STOP RUINING ENGLISH WITH THE ... and??? !!!!!!!!!!
That is how I speak, this is how I type. I leave a full space of silence in my speech by accident all the time, and the??? I see as making the last syllable of the word drag on, much like how an Australian asks a question...

EDIT:: OMG I forgot that it does that, having the three??? not attached to a letter will make the ??? T_T

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: April 19, 2012, 07:49:45 am »

Noooooooo. I has a sad.

I believe the proper waitlist procedure is to yell at Cybergenesis until he gets around to updating it.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: April 19, 2012, 08:23:29 am »

I believe the proper waitlist procedure is to yell at Cybergenesis until he gets around to updating it.

I can do that. :D  *Insert inane yelling here*

Maxinum McDreich

• Bay Watcher
  • Gree-diddly-tings.
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: April 19, 2012, 10:31:45 am »

The warehouse was large and empty. A slow, creaking sound emitted from the top as a bit of rope with a hook attached to it, no doubt in its time, was used to hauling large machinery, swung slowly from side to side. In the dark, 5 members of an organisation huddled near a computer they had managed to set up.

''Be quiet! He's about to talk.'' The one with the mouse said. The others were already quiet, but now, the screen commanded their attention. The screen fluttered, as if the computer was being invaded by a virus, before an image appeared; dark and covered in shadows, something that resembled a grotesque hunched creature of man sat in a small chair at a desk. The desk was probably the only thing that could be completely seen, as the rest was in such shadow that only an outline was visible.
He motioned with his hand, the minion with the mouse spoke; ''The voice speaks!''

''Indeed.'' The voice was raspy, and took long gulps of air at odd junctures. ''PH34R will rise from here. We need to work hard. With haste and deliberation.'' He paused, breathing in as his servants listened. ''I will arrive. Personally. When you have made the base. Workable and large.'' At this, the minions perked up immensely. Their leader to lead them! In person! It took all their self-control to contain themselves from jumping up and down. ''You have a week. Build, steal, advance, expand.'' With that, the link cut. It was standard to keep these contacts short to prevents police listening in. If they even bothered.

The minion with the mouse, a young and eager man, looked at the other 4 members. ''Let PH34R begin their road to domination!'' After that, he assigned jobs in accordance the orders they had received.

Orders:
Buy me a scientist and a thug for 800 dosh!
5 regulars go raise cash
« Last Edit: April 19, 2012, 03:21:07 pm by Maxinum McDreich »

CyberGenesis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: April 19, 2012, 01:53:19 pm »

is there an order to the waitlist 'cause its not first come first serve.

Which i actually said. This was one of the problems we had last time Hastur - you don't pay attention to either of us.

I did state that the order isnt FCFS, it's based on whether we like the app.

Also: It became required last time Yammer about in here
Everything below this line is a distant memory
------------------------------------------------------
Evil Genius - Round 1 - Concluded
Evil Genius - Round 2 - Scrapped
Planet@War: Starting Soon

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: April 21, 2012, 10:53:05 pm »

I has a happy!

Cleaver stalked the warehouse, overseeing the setup of the new base.  There wasn't much to it, as they had to come to it in a hurry.  Soon there would be plenty more to do, but for now, it would suffice.

He looked over his surviving comrades in arms- Smith, Blade, JT, Iris, and Bulldog.  Most had served under him for quite some time, though JT was new.  He was clever, though, so Cleaver didn't expect that to be a problem.  The others... killed, captured, or scattered to the four winds.  Five gangers wasn't many, but everyone had to start somewhere- and Cleaver wanted to reach the top.

The troops trusted him, and he trusted his troops- all because he was out there with him.  Cleaver was no paper-pusher or faceless boss- he got their respect because he fought and bled with them.  And he would be leading the comeback charge.

He gathered them up.

"All right, folks, here's the deal.  We lost a lot of good men and women on the bank raid, and that was all my fault.  I take the blame for poor planning and execution.  It's in the past though, so we have to set things right now."

"There are a lot of Crimson Fists still out there that we just need to let know we're still around.  How do we do that?  We let EVERYONE know we're still around!"  He slams his fist into the nearest flat surface.

"We go back to the city and let the world know we won't be stopped.  We'll make a scene, and everyone will know not to mess with us!"

"Fists united!"  The group shouts back "Fists united!"

They gear up and head out.

Orders:
Cleaver leads 5 minions to Cause Mayhem.

[The org name is Crimson Fists- I probably didn't make that obvious enough.]
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: April 24, 2012, 11:51:24 am »

Order of the Black Star, codename Paradox.

Deep within a decommissioned bio-facility hidden in the overgrowth of the Amazon Rainforest, the head of operation Paradox is hard at work securing his meager supplies and reinforcing his complex against intrusion.

A deep yet hushed voice is heard over his communication equipment, beckoning Dr. Brand to address his crew. "Sir, the soldiers are ready."

Without skipping a beat, Dr. Brand orders three of the men to follow leads on tracking down a researcher and tech using any means necessary, while the other two are tasked with raising money for their future operations.

"...I need more scientists if I am to achieve any significant level of research ability or local control... Before I can begin my operations in earnest, I must first secure the means to do so. I know of no others embarked upon a quest similar to mine, and I sincerely doubt anyone will bump into this hidden military research bunker in the middle of the biggest forest in the world any time soon, so we must venture forth from the safety of our facility in order to secure supplies and able manpower... But in time, I will once again wield the power to change the world. I, and I alone, shall reveal the secrets of Genetics and explore the endless possibilities of Human capability, NOT those thrice-damned government fools who stole my research, murdered my family, and exiled me... Little do they know, I had maps to this abandoned facility which has sat hidden in the overgrowth for countless years... It may not have any useful equipment by modern standards, but it is safe, secluded, and as nice a place to start as anywhere. Well... Time to assess our status. Brand Out." -Cuts Recording

3 search for researcher/tech using any means necessary
2 Raise funds in a creative/constructive manner
Quote from: Yoink
You're never too old to enjoy flying body parts.  
Quote from: Vector
Ehndras, you are the prettiest man I have ever seen
Quote from: Dorsidwarf
"I am a member of Earth. I enjoy to drink the water. In Earth we have an internal skeleton."
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 18