Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 18

Author Topic: Evil Genius 2! EVIL HARDER! Turn 21 now up!  (Read 47339 times)

CyberGenesis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Evil Genius 2! EVIL HARDER!
« Reply #60 on: April 18, 2012, 04:45:21 am »

Sheer maximum I'd say is 8, provided they were worth it and are beneficial to the gameplay.
Everything below this line is a distant memory
------------------------------------------------------
Evil Genius - Round 1 - Concluded
Evil Genius - Round 2 - Scrapped
Planet@War: Starting Soon

RulerOfNothing

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 18, 2012, 07:33:13 am »

Genius: Maximillian Snowe
Archetype: Mastermind
Traits: Contingency Planning
Organization Name: The Malevolence Foundation
Lair: Nondescript harbor warehouse in San Francisco.

Money: $7500
Resources: 150
Minions: 5 regulars

Description: While Max is not entirely forthcoming about his personal history (i.e. I suck at writing that sort of thing), he apparently has some sort of management talent, so he probably had some sort of white-collar job in the past. However he is now totally commited to (you might have heard this before) TAKING OVER THE WORLD(s)!! Not only does he prefer to win using clever plans but he also tries to have at least one or two alternate plans for everything he wants to do (I guess this might be a bit of a psychological compulsion). He has also taken efforts to keep his appearance a secret so that if everything goes pear-shaped he can escape without significant repercussions.

Alright, I know this is a bit late, but is this application alright?

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 18, 2012, 08:05:07 am »

Time:  Present day

The man known only as Cleaver looked out toward the city.  He had grown up as a thug in the streets, and soon made a name for himself.  He quickly rose up the ranks in his gang, the Crimson Knives, becoming leader after the former leader was killed in a shootout.  Cleaver had a naturally magnetic personality that made him a true Leader of Men.  Everyone respected him greatly, as he was not one to just sit and order his gang members to danger- no, he was a true Frontline Leader!  Cleaver's rough upbringing had hardened him to danger, and he was not content to sit back and watch others do the dirty work.  He had to be involved.  He had to be there.

And everyone loved him for it.

Cleaver wanted more, though.  The city was kind to him, but its leaders were not.  Though he didn't have anything particularly against the populace, he had a bone to pick with the big shots.  His best friend had been gunned down by the police during a simple traffic stop, and Cleaver swore revenge.  He bided his time and plotted out a big hit- knocking over the biggest bank in town.

It failed.

Only Cleaver and five others made it out of the city, where they hastily set up shop in an abandoned warehouse that had room and some cover.  Cleaver was furious, but he knew that hasty action was not the solution.  No, he had to bide his time and build up his strength before he could get his revenge.  But this time, the revenge would be bigger, greater, wider.  The establishment had to come down, and he would install a new regime, with himself as leader.

And the people would love him.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 18, 2012, 12:28:36 pm »

Toaster, I like your style. Lets be friends! EVIL friends.

*cues evil laughter*
Quote from: Yoink
You're never too old to enjoy flying body parts.  
Quote from: Vector
Ehndras, you are the prettiest man I have ever seen
Quote from: Dorsidwarf
"I am a member of Earth. I enjoy to drink the water. In Earth we have an internal skeleton."

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 18, 2012, 01:34:28 pm »

* Toaster reads bio

Did you read my old character or something? d=
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 18, 2012, 02:02:44 pm »

* Toaster reads bio

Did you read my old character or something? d=

No, I don't remember ever meeting or seeing you before, I simply enjoyed the character you just posted and would like to have my exiled Geneticist network with your guy. :P I have quality scientific services and you have manpower and the means to use it. Who knows, this could be the beginning of a beautiful world domination spree. ;)
"I am a member of Earth. I enjoy to drink the water. In Earth we have an internal skeleton."

HailFire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 18, 2012, 02:26:29 pm »

...Until your sudden, but inevitable betrayal.
[22:59] <apotheoseGrifter> COMMIT SUDOKU ALL NIGHT LONG FUCK YEAH
[18:14] <The_Gamemaster> I am here.
[18:14] <The_Gamemaster> I am always here.
[18:15] <The_Gamemaster> I have always been here, and I always will be here. I am the alpha and the omega, the beginning and the end.

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: April 18, 2012, 02:38:22 pm »

...Until your sudden, but inevitable betrayal.

You obviously haven't RP'd with me, or RP'd in one of my GM'd games, or read any of my work. :P The character is based off of me, therefore he has my ineffable sense of honor, loyalty and pride, which at times makes me too trusting. I RP as my RL self specifically to see how my personality will get me into trouble. Its a quite useful technique to dissect your own behavior and emotional reaction to various situations.

Maxinum McDreich

• Bay Watcher
  • Gree-diddly-tings.
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: April 18, 2012, 02:41:51 pm »

I'm the same. However, I can't ever see myself as a truly evil person, so I diverge in this sort of game. Normally, I'd play the insane guy, cos that is a little part of me, but there are too many of those already, so I went with super secretive dude that likes a little bit of chaos. I nearly went with an insane cult based on Slaanesh from warhammer, before a little common sense and dignity kicked in :P

Having said that, it's suddenly occured to me, I might end up being a little like Scarecrow from Batman. Oh well, out goes my originality.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: April 18, 2012, 02:42:56 pm »

Last game I ran a Cult Leader whose two major techs were Biology (toward Genetics) and Psychology, and who ended up in South America.

I'm sure it's a coincidence, but noteworthy nonetheless.

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: April 18, 2012, 02:56:16 pm »

Last game I ran a Cult Leader whose two major techs were Biology (toward Genetics) and Psychology, and who ended up in South America.

I'm sure it's a coincidence, but noteworthy nonetheless.

Huh. I happen to be Brazilian-American with a background in Business and Psychology. According to my kindergarden drawing book I found last month, my passion for Biology & Genetics is quite old. :P

o_O That really is a ridiculously weird coincidence.

Maxinum McDreich

• Bay Watcher
  • Gree-diddly-tings.
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: April 18, 2012, 02:59:11 pm »

oddly enough, I was going to go down the biology (genetics) and psycology route aswell XD. And I have cult of personality to boot. This coincidence gets MORE ridiculous!

I shoulda remembered what I read in the first one :P

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: April 18, 2012, 03:01:08 pm »

I considered going biology, but decided a faceless army of machine servants would be better. Partially because it'd be easier on any protagonists with qualms about killing things. :P
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: April 18, 2012, 03:01:28 pm »

I can't help it if I picked the optimum path the first time.  :P

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: April 18, 2012, 03:21:00 pm »

No, its because this is Bay12, home of Dwarf Fortress! A creepy, sadistic desire to psychologically break people apart and experiment with genetic possibilities is a natural requirement for any proper Bay12er :P
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 18