Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6

Author Topic: Grisly Megaproject  (Read 9597 times)

Garath

• Bay Watcher
  • Helping to deforest the world
    • View Profile
Re: Grisly Megaproject
« Reply #15 on: April 17, 2012, 10:01:20 am »

the open mouth of the skull HAS to be the entrance to either your fort or all the way down to the caverns, and filled with traps and treasure, plenty of presure plates that release monsters and all kinds of adventurer fun.
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris
Jam a door with its corpse and let all the goblins in. Hey, nobody said it had to be a weapon against your enemies.
Quote from: Frogwarrior
And then everyone melted.

slothen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 17, 2012, 10:05:05 am »

goblin, troll, and elf bones would be pretty cool, so you'll want to make butcher/eat sapient other acceptable for your entity before worldgen.  Otherwise, you can make a custom reaction that turns a partial skeleton into bones (not sure how that would work).  Beyond that, you're stuck with making the structure out of some animal bones, which could be cool if you got a breeding population of the right animal.  Large creatures -> lots of bones, so jabberers and draltha's are good.  Also giant cat-type creatures and unicorns.  Although animal bones would be much more in the line of some kind of spiritual construction, and less pure evil in the case of sapient bones.  Although a unicorn bone spire/blood-altar would be a nice fuck-you to the elves right in a benign forest environment.

also, evil places are evil.  Since you'll be butchering and killing alot, the only thing you absolutely must avoid is an evil area with auto-raising corpses.  Also outside constructions means that evil weather with instant death or huskification is probably bad.
While adding magma to anything will make it dwarfy, adding the word "magma" to your post does not necessarily make it funny.
Thoughts on water
MILITARY: squad, uniform, training
"DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF." -NW_Kohaku

Mrhappyface

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 17, 2012, 10:06:36 am »

Make a chalice.
This is Dwarf Fortress. Where torture, enslavement, and murder are not only tolerable hobbies, but considered dwarfdatory.

KodKod

• Bay Watcher
  • Fond of despair and alcoholism.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 17, 2012, 10:30:55 am »

Temple of the Damned.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Accept no substitutes.
/人‿‿人\
Tell me what you see. It's a mortal wretched cacophony!
KodBlog: A rage in progress. Updated 20/04/12

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
  • [SPHERE:VERMIN][LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 17, 2012, 10:33:14 am »

Temple of the Damned.

Accept no substitutes.

Oooh ! Warcraft 2 ! Such memories ! Such disappointingly identical sides, excepted for the spellcasters !
« Last Edit: April 17, 2012, 10:36:19 am by Naryar »

KodKod

• Bay Watcher
  • Fond of despair and alcoholism.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 17, 2012, 10:45:31 am »

Oooh ! Warcraft 2 ! Such memories ! Such disappointingly identical sides, excepted for the spellcasters !

Yes... back in the day when a Death Knight was something to be feared as opposed to the butt-monkey of some heinous MMO, and a huge skeleton bursting forth from the earth was about the most badass thing imaginable to my young mind.

We can never recapture those moments...
/人‿‿人\
Tell me what you see. It's a mortal wretched cacophony!
KodBlog: A rage in progress. Updated 20/04/12

AWdeV

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 17, 2012, 10:55:32 am »

Temple of the Damned.

Accept no substitutes.

FUCK yes. It's been too long since I've immersed myself in that game's neverending glory!

Also; the jewelry must be a faithful replica. Because bitches/Dwarves love bling.

That said; undead biome would be suicide and using tame breeding pairs IS MAKING A MOCKERY OF ALL THAT IS AWFUL AND DWARVENLY. Only those who fell in battle or in the hunt are worthy of this!
Teenage Bearded Axelord Turtles
Teenage Bearded Axelord Turtles
Urists in a half shell (Turtle Power)

FalseDead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 17, 2012, 01:22:57 pm »

Remember that you can rather quickly reach over 200 deaths in a evil biome as waves of migrants are butchered by their dead predecessors.

Also keep in mind that zombies aren't that dangerous to a proficient miner or soldier..... except in numbers

More importantly if you seal yourself underground.....build slabs, it only takes one violent ghost to cause serious issues in a evil biome, and considering waves of 20 or more migrants will probably die as they enter the map you will get a lot of ghosts
"Ah the Internet; where the men are men, the women are also men, and the little girls are the F.B.I."

Mr S

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 17, 2012, 02:36:51 pm »

Throned skeleton would be awesome.  Throne would, ideally, be built of SKULLS!!

MORE SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!!

Murgy

• Bay Watcher
  • Is one of the first of his kind.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 17, 2012, 02:54:18 pm »

Should you build this in an evil area, you may run the risk of your fortress itself coming to life and eating it's own inhabitants.
Quote from: Cruxador
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
I made a mod where giant spiders, snake-people, minotaurs, dwarves, and a gnome-like creature were all the same species.  In spite of being radically different sizes, a snake-person and a spider could get married and have a minotaur as a child.
A wonderful love story of a family that is truly without prejudice.

Garath

• Bay Watcher
  • Helping to deforest the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 17, 2012, 03:53:08 pm »

to be onest, if you make this in a serene biome it would be, wow. The temple of evil in there....
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris
Jam a door with its corpse and let all the goblins in. Hey, nobody said it had to be a weapon against your enemies.
Quote from: Frogwarrior
And then everyone melted.

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello, Death. How's life?
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 17, 2012, 04:08:49 pm »

to be onest, if you make this in a serene biome it would be, wow. The temple of evil in there....
I think that would have the comedic effect of an evil villain laughing maniacally in a field of daisies.
Quote from: Mr Frog
Talvieno ... seems to be able to smash out novella-length tales on demand

Bomepie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 17, 2012, 04:26:29 pm »

I think that would have the comedic effect of an evil villain laughing maniacally in a field of daisies.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RG2keYgBiZc&t=0m19s ?
Megadorf™ A giant dwarf shaped dwarf fortress

The All Guardsmen Party

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 17, 2012, 04:35:37 pm »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RG2keYgBiZc&t=0m19s ?

Doesn't quite count - she's in an evil castle. Close, though. The Wicked Witch of the West would've been a hilarious villain in the movie if it hadn't been for how awesome where she lived was. As it was, she bordered on pathetic in many places in the book, if I remember right.

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 17, 2012, 05:53:50 pm »

http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=6180 Here you go, Bomepie, in case you haven't gotten the modding done yet. This'll let you make walls of bone - and possibly furniture. Disappointingly, I couldn't figure out how to separate stacks, so a stack of bones will equal a single block... Which ought to significantly increase the amount of carnage required. Forgive my modding newbancy.

EDIT: vermin remains appear to work as well, so that ought to make it easier...
« Last Edit: April 17, 2012, 06:03:47 pm by Talvieno »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6