Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Perhaps the first ACTUAL noble killing accident in DF. F#@%!  (Read 13202 times)

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
Perhaps the first ACTUAL noble killing accident in DF. F#@%!
« on: April 16, 2012, 10:16:03 pm »

Let me try to explain:

I lost my mayor, who rarely made demands I cared about while building one hell of a fort. This is only one small part of its unfinished epicness and it is very tricky and 3D (isometric but whatever 3D enough).

You may notice that part on your bottom right is a darker more distinct color than all the rest of the stuff, because the other stuff is several Z levels BELOW it. I organize my forts in Super Z levels composed of three Z levels a piece. That darker area, is on a Super Z level, above the other one. You are staring through solid rock to see the stuff below it in this shot. Those little raised walls with lots of pillars holding them up in the lower Super Z level, and elevated walking track which will one day feature a path surrounded by muddied tiles on which will grow underground plants.

You see those odd little stone things on top of the pillars? Inside that area, I planned to have that open between Z levels creating a several Z level drop....

Naturally, the Mayor was the only Dwarf out of 138 to nose dive down several Z levels of her own construction project. We don't know how but it sure as hell happened. I like to think she died for her megaproject city.

As a mayor, she was soooo awesome. She liked copper and marble. Do you see all that white? That's marble. Do you see those green veins everywhere? That's malachite, copper ore.... She forbid the export of bucklers, never was an export ban less cared about because nobody in this fort will ever.... EVER ,make, distribute or use, a buckler. Legendary Appraiser, Legendary lots of crap including mining. 

NO! NO! I didn't want to lose her. She was the best damn govnor I ever had! I whimpered when she fell and stared in disbelief at the screen for at least a full 5 minutes!

You see that part there in the upper righthand corner. That was carved as a temple of the Gods, of which there are 10 in my world and each one has a statue upon the elevated altar with their name chiseled into the very rock from whence this whole dwarven realm was wrought forever. And now upon that altar with three Z levels of viewing space staring at it, sit as holy consecrated relics, the Armor, the Pick, the Personal Possessions and the Stone Likeness Statue of Saint Govnor Zuglar Eseshsarvesh! Twice a year upon the anniversary of her birth date and upon the anniversary of her death date her pick is placed in the statue's hand, her armor strapped to it and a single bloom of her favorite mountain flower is placed upon the Masterful stone coffer holding her possessions.

You see that Altar, the whole alter with all the statutes of the Gods and all her possession on it as holy relics? She's buried under it! :P

(I will cheat to save this fort from tantrum spiral).
« Last Edit: April 16, 2012, 10:48:50 pm by Truean »
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

Patchouli

• Bay Watcher
  • Where very delicious cake shop?
    • View Profile
Re: Perhaps the first ACTUAL noble killing accident in DF. F#@%!
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2012, 10:18:10 pm »

Do you happen to have bigger pictures? This looks pretty badass, and it'd be cool to see more details.

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2012, 10:18:51 pm »

Elf.
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

Truean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2012, 10:21:26 pm »

Elf.

There's nothing elven about dying while carving your own dwarven megalopolis out of a solid mountain.

Do you happen to have bigger pictures? This looks pretty badass, and it'd be cool to see more details.

Thank you but it's still too much of a work in progress currently. It's too big and too unfinished right now. I'm working on it and then I'll give it its own thread:

The part I showed you is the new, unfinished addition to the upper part of that and technically the darker part is in the super Z level above even this. (The lower left is bottom most so far. The upper left is central and I'm extending it up further another Super Z level.)
« Last Edit: April 16, 2012, 10:25:39 pm by Truean »

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2012, 10:22:30 pm »

Elf.

There's nothing elven about dying while carving your own dwarven megalopolis out of a solid mountain.

Its elven cause he cares about his noble.

Elf lover.
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

Truean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2012, 10:29:00 pm »

Elf.

Elf lover.

Anyone who makes a center or industry below the mountain like this expressly for wood working can't be an elf.

The Xs are where you put the carpentry or craftsdwarf workshops. The Os are so you can separate and chose which type of wood you're carving up. And don't say woodworking makes you an elf, because they hate chopping down wood and this place EATS forests whole! :P

Please don't quote me.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2012, 10:29:46 pm »

Elf.

Elf lover.

This noble was cared about because she was keeping others who were more annoying from becoming nobles, not from any merits of her own.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2012, 10:30:16 pm »

Elf.

Elf lover.

I was under the impression he would be elven if the noble he cared about was Treebeard or something.

Patchouli

• Bay Watcher
  • Where very delicious cake shop?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2012, 10:30:59 pm »

Neat, can't wait to see the full thing around. I hope the finished product comes with some more fun construction stories. What's the embark size that you used for this?

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2012, 10:31:17 pm »

Elf.

Elf lover.

Anyone who makes a center or industry below the mountain like this expressly for wood working can't be an elf.

The Xs are where you put the carpentry or craftsdwarf workshops. The Os are so you can separate and chose which type of wood you're carving up. And don't say woodworking makes you an elf, because they hate chopping down wood and this place EATS forests whole! :P

Everyone knows a elven wet dream involves cutting down trees. They dont "sing" or "dance", they get......and chop one down and make something out of it.

Then they put up rubber ones so it looks like they didnt.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2012, 10:40:36 pm »

Elf.

Elf lover.

Everyone knows a elven wet dream involves cutting down trees. They dont "sing" or "dance", they get......and chop one down and make something out of it.

That almost made sense, what with why they don't want YOU cutting down their trees, but your theory makes no sense. Elves are immortal and if they love cutting trees, then they'd wanna do it for as long as they live: forever. Ok fine, so you cut the first bunch down and replace those with rubber fine. Then what do the elves do once there are no trees to cut down but only rubber replicas? What? Do you cut down the rubber replicas? I imagine that's not as satisfying.

Please don't quote me.

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2012, 10:41:51 pm »

Elf.

Elf lover.

That almost made sense, what with why they don't want YOU cutting down their trees, but your theory makes no sense. Elves are immortal and if they love cutting trees, then they'd wanna do it for as long as they live: forever. Ok fine, so you cut the first bunch down and replace those with rubber fine. Then what do the elves do once there are no trees to cut down but only rubber replicas? What? Do you cut down the rubber replicas? I imagine that's not as satisfying.

I never said they dont plant the acorns.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2012, 10:44:51 pm »

Truean, stop feeding the trolls.

* GlyphGryph tosses Corai in the chasm

And stay down there this time!

Awesome work, by the way!

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 16, 2012, 10:49:59 pm »

Truean, stop feeding the trolls.

* GlyphGryph tosses Corai in the chasm

And stay down there this time!

Awesome work, by the way!

Corai's not a troll.

'es a kobold.

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 16, 2012, 10:51:02 pm »

...Im no troll, Im a kobold.

Plus I just wanted to bad-mouth elves.
Pages: [1] 2 3