Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Buried dead  (Read 903 times)

Andrew425

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Buried dead
« on: April 16, 2012, 08:45:27 pm »

So every time I play Fortress Mode I spend most of my time preparing for the eventual end. Which means hundreds of coffins placed and ready for a body. Then when the sieges begin I slowly fill them up.

What is the most amount of dwarf bodies that you have buried? (Must be placed in a coffin, Fortress must still be inhabited)

May the mass times acceleration be with you

SRD

• Bay Watcher
  • Who the hell do you think I think you are?
    • View Profile
Re: Buried dead
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2012, 09:03:15 pm »

I had a FB syndrome that kept spreading, thought I killed the virus, BUT IT POPPED OUT AGAIN 3 YEARS LATER.

350 dwarves died the first time, 500 the next time.

Quote from: LoneTophat
EDIT: HOW DO I STOP THE BLEEDING!
SUPEREDIT: Nevermind. Bled to death ._.

Dish It Out!

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2012, 09:18:43 pm »

I had a FB syndrome that kept spreading, thought I killed the virus, BUT IT POPPED OUT AGAIN 3 YEARS LATER.

350 dwarves died the first time, 500 the next time.

Explain yourself sir!  Did you actually have 500 dwarves in one fort?

If so, damn.

slink

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazy Cat Dwarf
    • View Profile
    • Slink's Burrow Online
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2012, 09:30:54 pm »

Something on the order of 240.  An FB attack, plus starvation/dehydration from Dwarves isolated by unnoticed bridge destruction by tantruming militia over deaths caused by the FB, plus a goblin axelord who tap-danced over the minefield, plus tantrum spiral from sum of all of the previous.  The only survivors were one adult female and three unrelated children.  And a vampire walled into a cell, but he did not help with the cleanup.  He was just insurance. 

Eventually I cheated and got the kids to make coffins, but they would not build them or bury the dead so the single free adult had to do that.  She was depressed about it but she managed it in between tantrums.  There was certainly plenty of good quality food and drink for the four of them, as well as a large if miasmic dining hall with at least some intact furniture.  Before more migrants could arrive, the liaison came and made the fortress a barony.  Rotting corpses in the hallways, four living souls, and all.  I imagined him awarding her the barony, then slowly taking in his actual surroundings as he tenders his hearty congratulations and negotiates their trade agreement, and privately thinking to himself as he says their fortunes rise and fall together "Oh please please no ..."
There is only one cat, and all cats are that cat.
Almost losing is sometimes fun.

Andrew425

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2012, 10:58:54 pm »

I think my best is my current fort. I have around 160 in coffins and 65 living. Every season I have about 10-15 new migrants and around that many deaths. That fortress has never gotten over 90 living inhabitants.

Though my most deaths overall must have been the previous fort to this one. I had about 80 buried by the time I breached the depths and then all 250 of my living dwarfs got roasted. Would've been beautiful if I could've buried them
May the mass times acceleration be with you

SAFry

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me Seb
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2012, 12:31:13 am »

The problem I have is undead attacks, the dwarves insist on burying all the undead dwarf corpses after the battle. If you don't tidy them up quick a necromancer comes along and reanimates the pile! I'm pretty new but my first FB beast was a bit of an anticlimax, the single fisherdwarf it killed managed to land a pretty good punch on him then when the first military showed up he killed it with a single silver bolt!

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the HFS & only man to win v0.31.25
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2012, 12:52:28 am »

950 over about 20 years.  A bad tantrum spiral along with construction mishaps