Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What should we use for the Bard Class?

The present build (Continuance Effect based)
BMM42's build (page 38)
A different build (Submit in thread)

Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 45

Author Topic: Homestuck RPG v1.2 build thread  (Read 78925 times)

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
Re: Homestuck RPG OOC Thread (All Existing Material is in v1.2!)
« Reply #465 on: September 01, 2012, 10:11:19 am »

:I

The dice gods are real, and they smile upon Alex.

Or grin maliciously, something anyway.

So... is he dead yet? Bloody? Dying? Are we intended to stop the Hero of Rage?

He is at negative hit points and leaking from the torso, so yeah, he is dying. As for whether or not you want to stop Alex or not, that is your decision to make.

But if no one steps in, he is going to execute BT.

Anyway, does anyone have a problem with increasing the cost of Hardened Edge? That shit is bananas.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: September 01, 2012, 10:38:27 am »

Hardened Edge needs a fix, since if I remember correctly unless you hit a 2d8 or higher on the damage track you're better off taking Elemental Damage.
Not a points fix, necessarily, but a fix on how things move up the damage track. Probably just remove the 2d6 track, since all it does is fuck the 1d12.
Maybe make it a 2/4 but I mean it's only 'bananas' if you have a 2d8 as I said, since you get the most out of it.
It's not even the best Alchemy trait.
Hint: Ranged weapon with Both Power Drawbacks, Auto-Effect, and Stunning Attack for 1.5 points, and whatever else you want on it.

Quick Edit: That still isn't exactly the best one, just very good.
If you want it even better, you could add the one Power trait which makes it an Auto-Stun [Save Ends].

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: September 01, 2012, 11:01:37 am »

Hardened Edge needs a fix, since if I remember correctly unless you hit a 2d8 or higher on the damage track you're better off taking Elemental Damage.
Not a points fix, necessarily, but a fix on how things move up the damage track. Probably just remove the 2d6 track, since all it does is fuck the 1d12.
Maybe make it a 2/4 but I mean it's only 'bananas' if you have a 2d8 as I said, since you get the most out of it.
Hint: Ranged weapon with Both Power Drawbacks, Auto-Effect, and Stunning Attack for 1.5 points, and whatever else you want on it.

If you want it even better, you could add the one Power trait which makes it an Auto-Stun [Save Ends].

The only problem with removing the 2d6 is it leaves a huge vacuum between 1d12 and 2d8. Maybe instead, we could replace 2d6 with 3d4. It's not a lot better, but it is a slightly less pointless increase. I'm putting that in until I hear objections.

Also increasing Hardened Edge cost to 2 (4).

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: September 01, 2012, 11:04:42 am »

The only problem with removing the 2d6 is it leaves a huge vacuum between 1d12 and 2d8. Maybe instead, we could replace 2d6 with 3d4. It's not a lot better, but it is a slightly less pointless increase. I'm putting that in until I hear objections.

But you're still allowing 2d8 to be the only to actually get the highest tier of damage, while being able to have near as much accuracy as everyone else.
At least 1d12 could get 2d10 the way I suggested.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: September 01, 2012, 11:06:39 am »

But you're still allowing 2d8 to be the only to actually get the highest tier of damage, while being able to have near as much accuracy as everyone else.
At least 1d12 could get 2d10 the way I suggested.

...That's a fair point, I suppose. Okay, taking it back out again.

Though the only weapon that starts with 2d8 has abysmal accuracy, the lowest of base equipment. That's what trading accuracy for power gets you though.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: September 01, 2012, 11:11:16 am »

Oh, you changed 2d8 to a +1 Accuracy?

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: September 01, 2012, 11:20:03 am »

Oh, you changed 2d8 to a +1 Accuracy?

Uh-huh. Crushing melee kind was too powerful to not get a serious accuracy nerf. We boosted 1 handed damage to 1d12 as well, so one handed use wouldn't be directly inferior to Reaching melee's one handed modus.

Johnfalcon99977

• Bay Watcher
  • The Herp Derp Assassin
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: September 01, 2012, 11:36:53 am »

:I

The dice gods are real, and they smile upon Alex.

Well, because of the personal plot I had set up for my set of intruders, I wouldn't exactly say "Smile upon."
Also known as the Knowlagable, the Forgetful, and/or the Ignored

Please excuse my horrible awful linguistic skills.

Johnfalcon99977

• Bay Watcher
  • The Herp Derp Assassin
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: September 01, 2012, 01:48:24 pm »

PATCHNOTES:

1d12 is the ufcking bomb now
2d8 is sucks isht and is useless don't use it

... Who are you and why are you posting in our OOC thread?
Also known as the Knowlagable, the Forgetful, and/or the Ignored

Please excuse my horrible awful linguistic skills.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: September 01, 2012, 01:50:09 pm »

PATCHNOTES:

1d12 is the ufcking bomb now
2d8 is sucks isht and is useless don't use it

... Who are you and why are you posting in our OOC thread?

This is a legitimate question. It's not like this is a private club or anything, it's just normally when other people post in here it's to give us art or comment on the new game version.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #475 on: September 01, 2012, 02:54:19 pm »

The OP should be changed to Homestuck RPG: SECRET VIP CLUB.

ACTUAL DISCUSSION: Blade and I are finally figuring out some things with the Classpect combos. We want there to be both in-combat and out-of-combat utilities for each type of ability, but there aren't really guidelines for that in the doc. Here's some ideas:

ALEX: Uh... actually Blade is still iffy on the whole "Ragey superpowers" thing. We're getting that sorted out later, but the temporary idea is an activatable BERSERK MODE.
DANIELLE: Part of John's character development was learning to do the Windy thing on a larger scale. Perhaps a "blood-y" thing is in order, whatever that entails, but that might be a little too gruesome for this game :P
STEVE: Like Mimi, but with seeing ideal outcomes and actions leading to them.
MIMI: Well, you know.
EMILY: This one could be fairly literal -- Wind-based powers in combat, using the wind to push people away from those she protects, etc.
MIKHAEL: A Knight defends with his aspect, so we're still getting this figured out.
TROY: Does he even need anything beyond Time Travel powers? I forget if he's a Maid or Sylph now, but if the former then we've seen what a Maid of Time can do :D
CLAIRE: A Thief of Void could be interpreted as someone who steals the more "magical" or "mystical" aspects of their foes from them, as the Void aspect focuses on nulling those things.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2012, 03:00:52 pm by freeformschooler »

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: September 01, 2012, 05:21:41 pm »

The OP should be changed to Homestuck RPG: SECRET VIP CLUB.

ACTUAL DISCUSSION: Blade and I are finally figuring out some things with the Classpect combos. We want there to be both in-combat and out-of-combat utilities for each type of ability, but there aren't really guidelines for that in the doc. Here's some ideas:

ALEX: Uh... actually Blade is still iffy on the whole "Ragey superpowers" thing. We're getting that sorted out later, but the temporary idea is an activatable BERSERK MODE.
DANIELLE: Part of John's character development was learning to do the Windy thing on a larger scale. Perhaps a "blood-y" thing is in order, whatever that entails, but that might be a little too gruesome for this game :P
STEVE: Like Mimi, but with seeing ideal outcomes and actions leading to them.
MIMI: Well, you know.
EMILY: This one could be fairly literal -- Wind-based powers in combat, using the wind to push people away from those she protects, etc.
MIKHAEL: A Knight defends with his aspect, so we're still getting this figured out.
TROY: Does he even need anything beyond Time Travel powers? I forget if he's a Maid or Sylph now, but if the former then we've seen what a Maid of Time can do :D
CLAIRE: A Thief of Void could be interpreted as someone who steals the more "magical" or "mystical" aspects of their foes from them, as the Void aspect focuses on nulling those things.

For Alex, I was thinking he'd get a Berserk effect which would last a minimum of three turns, with more if he sustains with a Title Power check. While Berserk, he would gain hit points equal to his level, and gain an attack bonus equal to his MGT modifier, as well as an equal damage bonus. Upon dropping out of berserk, he would lose the hitpoints he gained, and be slowed and weakened for a number of turns equal to the time he spent berserk.

A Knight also defends his Aspect, so allies near him would get a bonus to their will defense. All theoretical at this stage of course.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: September 03, 2012, 08:15:36 am »

New level, which, as always, means new cards! Everyone needs to add a card up to level six except for apples, who also needs to add a card up to level 5, and another up to level 4.

Also, next time anyone reaches alchemy equipment, they can alchemize a five point card. Also remember that rare cards can be a thing now- If you spend more than your level -2 points on a card from here on out, it is a Rare card, with all the detriments that entails. Except for specific build goodies.

Speaking of which, if Mikhael wants that, he'll need to track down Troy. The Ragnarok is still with him.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: September 03, 2012, 08:22:34 am »

Specific build - oh right, like Ragnarok. I forgot Troy even had a rad sword. What benefit would it be in alchemization, again?

But anyway, I want to add Modus Control Deck. Goodbye voids~

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: September 03, 2012, 08:26:54 am »

Specific build - oh right, like Ragnarok. I forgot Troy even had a rad sword. What benefit would it be in alchemization, again?

But anyway, I want to add Modus Control Deck. Goodbye voids~

The benefits of the Legendary weapons scattered around the lands is that they all have high points relative to their cost. Their build is completely immutable and unknowable until you actually make them though, so you have to get it to see what it is.
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 45