Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What should we use for the Bard Class?

The present build (Continuance Effect based)
BMM42's build (page 38)
A different build (Submit in thread)

Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 45

Author Topic: Homestuck RPG v1.2 build thread  (Read 78939 times)

TaiwaneseRedneck

• Bay Watcher
  • Ufck that isht!
    • View Profile
Re: Homestuck RPG OOC Thread (All Existing Material is in v1.2!)
« Reply #450 on: August 30, 2012, 09:51:19 pm »

Deal with it.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: August 31, 2012, 12:17:01 am »

Okay, Understanding of an Aspect is fairly lame as far as a power goes, and it'd make more sense for everyone to be able to do that actually, as the new Flash shows with... a certain character. So, possible change:

Witches are changed to Interacting with their Aspect by manipulating it to benefit allies

And Mages are changed to Interacting with their Aspect by manipulating it offensively in battle.

Sollux's eyebeam powers are stated to come from his psychicnessitude, but I'm not certain that it isn't also to do with Magery. Since he's the only Mage we've ever seen in canon.

Thought, concerns, rebuttals, adulations?

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: August 31, 2012, 11:13:25 am »

Blade brought an excellent point up about companion attack bonuses. The main thing they're missing is a primary attribute bonus of some kind, but of course companions don't have attributes. Hmmm...

It would almost be worthwhile to stat them as enemies instead, but that is usually balls to the wall tricky and time-consuming if done from scratch.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: August 31, 2012, 11:25:45 am »

Except that they would probably get around the same sort of bonus if they were enemies. Or worse.

All of the at-will basic attacks provide atleast a 5 attack bonus, + Level, which is the suggested attack bonus for enemies IIRC.
Well, as long as it targets AC. Which they do.
Making Adversaries isn't very hard, but thats probably just me since I've made quite a few of them.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: August 31, 2012, 11:29:33 am »

For me it's the math. Though I found something useful for that.

Although... which Homestuck stat corresponds to which 4E stat? The only guidelines are for six-attribute monsters.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: August 31, 2012, 12:07:31 pm »

Although... which Homestuck stat corresponds to which 4E stat? The only guidelines are for six-attribute monsters.

Strength appears to correspond only with Mangrit
Dexterity appears to correspond to Acumen and Imagination
Constitution appears to correspond to both Mangrit and Pulchritude
Intelligence also appears to correspond with Acumen and Imagination.
Wisdom appears to be a function of Pulchritude.
And Charisma is obviously Pulchritude.

I still think Acumen and Imagination need to be separated somehow. They are much too similar.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: August 31, 2012, 01:24:21 pm »

Spoiler: New and improved TB (click to show/hide)

Okay, me and Blade agreed on this as a temporary solution. This is a few levels higher than the party. However, TB is adamant about not fighting unless it's a situation like this, so it shouldn't be a problem.

Also, minor note to The Fool: if we Guidance from Beyond on each other during the same turn, I believe we could get +4 to our attack rolls. Or at least one of us could. Let's pre-plan that, though, because I'd like to use my multi hit when we do that.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2012, 01:26:26 pm by freeformschooler »

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: August 31, 2012, 05:32:38 pm »

Hey, I wasn't playing the new flash and I still amn't. Wait, am not. :P

Also, now when I go to the doc, it says at the top: "An error has occured, and we cannot save your changes. Please refresh the page." Don't really know how to describe it so I'll paste the whole second page (that normally lists the credits):
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Refreshing does nothing, but downloading it is okay. Also, are we using the new powers from the new doc yet or still sticking to the old ones? Sorry if this has been answered before.
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: August 31, 2012, 05:42:51 pm »

All the Classes have rebuilt powers except for Sylph, which is missing two, so we are using the powers as listed in the doc. Which doesn't appear to have any problems on my end...

Also of note, we need a new boon for the Light Aspect, as stealing luck should be something that only Rogues and Thieves of Light can do.

Feel free to throw out ideas. Or comment on the Interaction change possibility for Mage and Witch.

Also also, we still need fluff for Maid, Rogue, Hope and Life(?). John, didn't you volunteer to write fluff?

EDIT: You can't do that action. Scorpion's Strike now makes two attacks with one action, and you can't have two standard actions in one turn: You can trade a standard action down to a move, but not the other way.

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: August 31, 2012, 05:49:28 pm »

Oh, I thought it was the same as before where it was a minor action. Hang on, revising..
E: So That's Just Pawful! isn't a Thief aggrievement anymore. Do I pick a new one, and if I do, can I use it right now?
« Last Edit: August 31, 2012, 06:26:47 pm by SirAaronIII »
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: August 31, 2012, 10:00:15 pm »

Oh, I thought it was the same as before where it was a minor action. Hang on, revising..
E: So That's Just Pawful! isn't a Thief aggrievement anymore. Do I pick a new one, and if I do, can I use it right now?

Yeah, but you gotta stick with it until the next retraining opportunity.

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: August 31, 2012, 10:10:25 pm »

Okay, sounds good. Changed my action in the other thread.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: August 31, 2012, 11:03:19 pm »

So... I think we might want to increase the cost for Hardened Edge just a wee bit. For absolutely no reason at all. Totally.

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: August 31, 2012, 11:28:22 pm »

Dayumm, 65? That's enough to kill any of us in a single hit.

Also that axe and the 666 hmmmmmm must just be your extreme luck yup yeah

So... is he dead yet? Bloody? Dying? Are we intended to stop the Hero of Rage? I maaaay be down for stopping him, depending on how touching BT's last words are, on the tragedy scale of Titanic to the average Spongebob episode. Wait, it'd be too late to stop him if they were really the last words.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: September 01, 2012, 07:49:46 am »

:I

The dice gods are real, and they smile upon Alex.
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 45