Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What should we use for the Bard Class?

The present build (Continuance Effect based)
BMM42's build (page 38)
A different build (Submit in thread)

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 45

Author Topic: Homestuck RPG v1.2 build thread  (Read 79001 times)

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Homestuck RPG OOC Thread (Home of the Bay12 v1.2 Homestuck RPG Build)
« Reply #210 on: May 24, 2012, 11:39:27 am »

After the latest Dirk/UU shenanigans, we have to have an in-character pesterlog where someone asks Mimi to poorly draw everyone in tamely lecherous positions.

Maybe Rasputin. Yes, I could see that.

Johnfalcon99977

• Bay Watcher
  • The Herp Derp Assassin
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: May 24, 2012, 11:55:21 am »

Nah, Rasputian (thinks he) is too classy for that.
But there IS another character I could introduce who may find that appealing :P
Also known as the Knowlagable, the Forgetful, and/or the Ignored

Please excuse my horrible awful linguistic skills.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: May 24, 2012, 11:55:55 am »

Yes. Do it. We will have all of the cheesy subplots.

Johnfalcon99977

• Bay Watcher
  • The Herp Derp Assassin
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: May 24, 2012, 11:59:57 am »

We will activate the chessy rip off subplots as soon as I am capable, sir! (AKA: As soon as I get to a computer with functioning Pesterchum)

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: May 24, 2012, 12:25:20 pm »

Nope, I'm breaking the fourth wall and DEMANDING these tender scenes, with multiple pairings.

Sail my ships! SAIL!!!

...Okay, no.

Is it okay if I rewrite some of the class fluff along with Aspect stuff? There is some stuff that I have a set idea for how to write, like Knight or Prince. I promise I won't change the general idea behind them, dispite the fact that I do object to some of the Class fluff, especially for Heir.

I like most of the fluff as it is. The Sylph fluff more or less needs an overhaul though. I changed a very small bit of it, but it's not really correct as it is. The Sylph also needs new powers, most of which I think should have beneficial effects for allies. It really feels like Sylphs are sort of a Clericy class to me, what with Aranea's ability to heal and the fact she reminds me of a therapist. And, of course, with Kanaya's tendency to be a fuss-meddler and trying to help everyone out relationship wise.

Also because of a theory I have. Its that Knights are normally the players who help the Hero of Space in creating the Ultimate Alchemy. Its happened in both sessions we have seen, Dave helping Rose and Karkat helping Kanaya. It could just be a coincindence, but this is Homestuck/Hussie were talking about here. There are no coincindences in Homestuck.

Likely a coincidence, yes, but worth noting. Might as well stick in the fluff, though any Hero with the Time aspect is much better suited to helping the Space player (if Aradia had helped Kanaya, we might not have had Cancer in the kids universe).

Also how do you feel about Heroes of Heart having sort of "Split" personalities. Not like the personality disorder, I mean they have multiple instances where they "express" themselves.
Nepeda has her roleplaying and Dirk has his ability to live his normal life and Derse life at the same time. Also AR. Especially AR.

Definitely worth noting, as we don't already have Heart Aspect fluff.

Johnfalcon99977

• Bay Watcher
  • The Herp Derp Assassin
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: May 24, 2012, 02:09:19 pm »

Is it okay if I rewrite some of the class fluff along with Aspect stuff? There is some stuff that I have a set idea for how to write, like Knight or Prince. I promise I won't change the general idea behind them, dispite the fact that I do object to some of the Class fluff, especially for Heir.
I like most of the fluff as it is. The Sylph fluff more or less needs an overhaul though. I changed a very small bit of it, but it's not really correct as it is. The Sylph also needs new powers, most of which I think should have beneficial effects for allies. It really feels like Sylphs are sort of a Clericy class to me, what with Aranea's ability to heal and the fact she reminds me of a therapist. And, of course, with Kanaya's tendency to be a fuss-meddler and trying to help everyone out relationship wise.
Its just that I feel like I can do better then whats already there. I want a shot at it, at least. As for doing Slyph, I'll need to think about it for a while, because it doesn't seem to be immediately obvious. Why does Hussie need to be so god damned obscure when it comes to these things!

Also: "one who protects offensively with their aspect" Makes absolutely no sense. I thought we had Knight as a Passive class.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2012, 02:13:10 pm by Johnfalcon99977 »

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: May 24, 2012, 02:43:09 pm »

Its just that I feel like I can do better then whats already there. I want a shot at it, at least. As for doing Slyph, I'll need to think about it for a while, because it doesn't seem to be immediately obvious. Why does Hussie need to be so god damned obscure when it comes to these things!

Also: "one who protects offensively with their aspect" Makes absolutely no sense. I thought we had Knight as a Passive class.
Yeah, I don't know if 'One who defends others with his Aspect' makes a lot more sense though. Knights are pretty Active though. Case file:

Dave actively used his time-powers to benefit himself, i.e. hopping around his timeline, screwing with the Nakkadile stock exchange, doing all sorts of things in a compressed space of time, and also prototyping his doomed time self for his own benefit. Preventative measures, active playstyle.
Versus Aradia the Maid, which I suspect to be the Knight's opposite, who only used her Time Powers to go back and avert doomed timelines she'd allowed to come to pass. And then summoned a swarm of doom-bots when the time came. Allows damage to be done, examines the cause, then goes back to avert it. Passive Playstyle.
Also Karkat, a Knight of Blood rather than Time, but based on what we suspect about Blood, is also clearly active. He creates a partnership with Past Spades Slick, forges the alliance of the red and blue teams (maybe, the rest of the trolls sort of identify with him as their leader, mostly), and also settles Gamzee's flipped out ass straight down again.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: May 24, 2012, 06:48:52 pm »

Spoiler: Birdking (click to show/hide)

No one should have to suffer through missing this log.

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: May 24, 2012, 07:52:13 pm »

Thank you so much for reposting that. I almost overlooked it. It should not be overlooked.

Steam ID: The Fool [B12]
A Flexible Mind (Suggestion Game)

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: May 24, 2012, 10:27:26 pm »

But.. albatrosses aren't black. Or if they are, only partly.
Who cares it's still funny.
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: May 24, 2012, 11:16:52 pm »

Aw man I was thinking of a different bird with a relatively large wingspan. Chalk it up to Mimi being a sheltered nerd.

Also, SirAaron, I had to do a double take when I saw your new avatar. Not sure why, it's just not something I'd have expected.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2012, 12:00:57 am by freeformschooler »

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: May 25, 2012, 12:30:10 am »

Also, SirAaron, I had to do a double take when I saw your new avatar. Not sure why, it's just not something I'd have expected.
Note to self: every few months, change avatar to another of a wildly different style and fake people out. :P
Naw it's okay, the transition from "flappy bird" to "dude" is kind of weird.

Semi-related: Signavatar only gives me 3 spaces for different pictures. I have 4 I want to put in. What do?
(cue very obvious answer that I missed by being dumb)
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: May 25, 2012, 07:18:09 am »

I am sleep deprived, and when that happens it causes me to do weird things.

Also though, if no one's going to ever play out or even reference the First Guardian of this session than I might as well consider making that my alt.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2012, 11:22:54 am by freeformschooler »

Johnfalcon99977

• Bay Watcher
  • The Herp Derp Assassin
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: May 25, 2012, 07:53:09 am »

Personally, I think LH is Chaotic Neutral/Evil. Hes more motivated by Personal gain then anything else, and is willing to kill anyone who stands against him.

applesauce machine

• Bay Watcher
  • 2011 Memory Ln.
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: May 25, 2012, 11:19:08 am »

>read D&D alignments
>Emily is not in there
>sadface

Also I don't intend on acting as the first guardian, so that's one less person who you have to wonder about wanting to do that.
Also also:
FTFY.
THE GOVERNMENT IS PUTTING BIBLES IN THE WATER SUPPLY.
Sigtext x 20 and avatar gallery
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 45