Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What should we use for the Bard Class?

The present build (Continuance Effect based)
BMM42's build (page 38)
A different build (Submit in thread)

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 45

Author Topic: Homestuck RPG v1.2 build thread  (Read 79024 times)

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Homestuck RPG OOC Thread (Home of the Bay12 v1.2 Homestuck RPG Build)
« Reply #150 on: May 02, 2012, 08:30:43 am »

We don't assume it, but we do find it likely. Of course, at this point both Heir and Mage are a crapshoot without official information. I'd rather wait until we get everything revealed in-comic before we start working stuff into the rules.

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: May 02, 2012, 04:42:56 pm »

I originally meant that it narrowed down the matches. Nothing's set in stone yet, because we don't have much knowledge. With the info we have, it could really go either way.
Hopefully we'll get some more class exposition sometime.
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: May 02, 2012, 06:27:40 pm »

I propose that, for the time being, we match the classes and psuedo define them as best we can. If we have to re-write later, we re-write later, but I'd like this to have full to end-game content, even if some of it is contradicted later. That's what version updates are for.

If anyone is really, really deadset against it, of course, we won't do this. This is a team effort, and I am not 'in charge' of anyone here. Even if I occasionally sound like I am, or act like it. If I do, say something.

Also, as for the statement that JakeDirk made about Pages that find their potential being incredibly powerful... Perhaps that could be reflected in having some of their lower level abilities be below the curve, but their level-5 fraymotif being above the curve.

Another thing to think about: Should we design more powers for the classes and Aspects, to allow for players to make more choices regarding their powerset and playstyle?

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: May 03, 2012, 12:56:25 am »

Another thing to think about: Should we design more powers for the classes and Aspects, to allow for players to make more choices regarding their powerset and playstyle?

If you balance it then yes, but if someone can pick and choose everything then prepare to see a powergamed character somewhere down the line. When you write some rules up I'll take a look at them and do some number crunching.

Steam ID: The Fool [B12]
A Flexible Mind (Suggestion Game)

TherosPherae

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: May 03, 2012, 06:56:17 pm »

So there is definitely someone else who uses the ragingLunatic Pesterchum handle. And I'm pretty sure there's someone else who uses railRoad as well. So just to give you guys a heads up, if you message them and they don't have a clue what the shit you are talking about, it probably isn't me.
Quote from: Aqizzar
Being vengeance and the night could only be improved by being the ballpunching vengeful night.
Quote from: Cthulhu
Gotham's mysteriously high mental illness rate isn't so mysterious when you find out Batman thinks subduing a guy means spiking his head into the pavement like a football.

Johnfalcon99977

• Bay Watcher
  • The Herp Derp Assassin
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: May 03, 2012, 07:22:24 pm »

Well, thats just kinda expected to happen once in a while I guess.
Also known as the Knowlagable, the Forgetful, and/or the Ignored

Please excuse my horrible awful linguistic skills.

applesauce machine

• Bay Watcher
  • 2011 Memory Ln.
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: May 03, 2012, 08:57:31 pm »

So I decided to do another project. Too lazy to be creative, I decided to draw more of our RP characters. The theme is sadstuck. I know what I'm doing for Mikheal and Emily, but I dunno what to do for the rest. If anyone remembers any particularly sad events/scenes/logs for any of the other six, then I'd be glad to know what they are.
THE GOVERNMENT IS PUTTING BIBLES IN THE WATER SUPPLY.
Sigtext x 20 and avatar gallery

TherosPherae

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: May 03, 2012, 09:25:03 pm »

So I decided to do another project. Too lazy to be creative, I decided to draw more of our RP characters. The theme is sadstuck. I know what I'm doing for Mikheal and Emily, but I dunno what to do for the rest. If anyone remembers any particularly sad events/scenes/logs for any of the other six, then I'd be glad to know what they are.
Well, Alex watching his brother die would be a good one for sadstuck. Danielle... I dunno, the death of Guard maybe? And I haven't really been watching Troy or Claire that closely, and I can't think of things for Mimi or Steve.
Being vengeance and the night could only be improved by being the ballpunching vengeful night.
Gotham's mysteriously high mental illness rate isn't so mysterious when you find out Batman thinks subduing a guy means spiking his head into the pavement like a football.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: May 03, 2012, 10:10:56 pm »

Sorry guys, I already reserved Sadstuck!Mimi. EVERYONE WHO ISNT ME HAS TO WAIT.

I don't think Troy or Claire have even been sad long enough to participate.

>Blade: Consider the possibility of PVP. Determine whether playing out LH and TE's fight would be fun or worth it.

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: May 03, 2012, 11:01:14 pm »

Running into the TV, and hiding while bleeding? I think that was the only somewhat sad thing to happen to Steve so far.

Steam ID: The Fool [B12]
A Flexible Mind (Suggestion Game)

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: May 03, 2012, 11:35:48 pm »

Yeah, the TV thing doesn't seem like much, but I think if you overdramatized it a tad then it might be funny.... wait aren't these supposed to be sad?

Do it anyway, though. The benefit is you can knock out two characters' images with one image, if you put both of them in it.
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

applesauce machine

• Bay Watcher
  • 2011 Memory Ln.
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: May 04, 2012, 12:12:18 am »

Well, Alex watching his brother die would be a good one for sadstuck. Danielle... I dunno, the death of Guard maybe?
I'll need a reference for his brother; as always, the more the better, because I can do anything I want with posing and showing things, but I can work with just an outfit or just a headshot. And the guard, what did that look like? Was it a consort or a carapacian or what?

Running into the TV, and hiding while bleeding? I think that was the only somewhat sad thing to happen to Steve so far.
Hahahaha wrong kind of sad. That's like forevver alone Eridan sad. i.e. Hilarious.
THE GOVERNMENT IS PUTTING BIBLES IN THE WATER SUPPLY.
Sigtext x 20 and avatar gallery

TherosPherae

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: May 04, 2012, 01:20:40 am »

And the guard, what did that look like? Was it a consort or a carapacian or what?
Gonna let Blade handle his own character's sadstuck from here on.

As for what Guard was, I... actually haven't thought about that yet. But he was Danielle's guardian before getting poisoned by a snake and dying.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: May 04, 2012, 07:41:45 am »

Okay, I am going to be hells of busy the rest of the weekend, and probably won't be on much, if at all. As it is, preparation has left me unable to get on much already. So, I'll put things up best I can.

Unfortunately for Riccto, the battle at Mikhael's will have to wait.

>Blade: Consider the possibility of PVP. Determine whether playing out LH and TE's fight would be fun or worth it.

Yeah, nope. Totally an unnecessary and time consuming endeavor there. Any battle not involving a player character is restricted firmly to cutscenes.

Well, Alex watching his brother die would be a good one for sadstuck. Danielle... I dunno, the death of Guard maybe?
I'll need a reference for his brother; as always, the more the better, because I can do anything I want with posing and showing things, but I can work with just an outfit or just a headshot. And the guard, what did that look like? Was it a consort or a carapacian or what?

Guh... Hm. I never really considered Alex's brother's actual appearance beyond the fact that he wears suspenders, really. He was kind of like the adults in Peanuts in my head. His appearance, behavior and mannerisms weren't important to the story beyond how it effected Alex.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: May 04, 2012, 10:31:31 am »

I imagined him as a rugged lumberjack guardian with Rambo hair.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 45