Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What should we use for the Bard Class?

The present build (Continuance Effect based)
BMM42's build (page 38)
A different build (Submit in thread)

Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 45

Author Topic: Homestuck RPG v1.2 build thread  (Read 78954 times)

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Homestuck RPG OOC Thread (Home of the Bay12 v1.2 Homestuck RPG Build)
« Reply #360 on: August 09, 2012, 11:56:25 am »

Oh, that post reminds me about something I'd long, long forgotten to bring up. There are several interesting combat options available in the D&D 4E quickstart guide (starting around page 7) that aren't referenced in the HSRPG manual. Is it possible to integrate them or would it be somewhat a waste of time? (Note: none of these are really as good as the Encounter powers most classes give, so they would be more "situational options". I'm thinking stuff like Charge.)

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: August 09, 2012, 01:05:38 pm »

I'm too dumb/lazy to go look for the doc in this thread every time I want to look at it (and was too dumb to bookmark it before), so I'd like to request that a link be added to the OP for easy findings.
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: August 09, 2012, 06:23:28 pm »

I'm too dumb/lazy to go look for the doc in this thread every time I want to look at it (and was too dumb to bookmark it before), so I'd like to request that a link be added to the OP for easy findings.

I don't really feel like adding it to the OP.

Oh, that post reminds me about something I'd long, long forgotten to bring up. There are several interesting combat options available in the D&D 4E quickstart guide (starting around page 7) that aren't referenced in the HSRPG manual. Is it possible to integrate them or would it be somewhat a waste of time? (Note: none of these are really as good as the Encounter powers most classes give, so they would be more "situational options". I'm thinking stuff like Charge.)

Some of the stuff like movement and other things should be integrated so the PDF can be totally standalone, but it isn't a high priority for me. Except for the Dying section, that is plot critical in so many ways.

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: August 09, 2012, 11:08:15 pm »

Thanks!
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: August 11, 2012, 12:46:23 am »

>Fool: Be back.

I'm back! But... so much text. I'll have to read it in the morning. -_-

Steam ID: The Fool [B12]
A Flexible Mind (Suggestion Game)

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: August 11, 2012, 01:10:14 am »

>Fool: Be back.

I'm back! But... so much text. I'll have to read it in the morning. -_-

And just in time for pertinent actions too!

Adding more stuff to the document every day: Apart from re-balancing powers, rebuilding the Sylph, and doing fluff, everything up to the GM section is done! Go team. Does anyone have ideas for Alchemy that haven't been brought up? I added a new item effect power, and also added in the Reliable trait for weapons.

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: August 11, 2012, 02:08:23 am »

So the Sylph's ability has to do with healing, right? Maybe one of the powers could be a basic healing encounter power. Maybe heal around 1d8+(1d6 per level)+level. Doesn't have to be nearly as complicated, just something like that. Got no clue on any offensive powers though.

Also, I believe the stat should be Pulchritude and the skill be Chumming (maybe, it's late and I can't remember all the skills to see if there's a better choice).

As for balance, how's that going to work? Will we actually playtest all the abilities, or will we just look at them and say "yup this should be changed, that one shouldn't, oh and that there one oughtta be removed entirely"?

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: August 11, 2012, 07:27:05 pm »

As for balance, how's that going to work? Will we actually playtest all the abilities, or will we just look at them and say "yup this should be changed, that one shouldn't, oh and that there one oughtta be removed entirely"?

Applesauce and I will be triple-playtesting them. Gatleos is going to be starting up a hilarious HSRPG 1.2 session where at least four of us will not play premade characters but rather Homestuckized versions of our real selves.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: August 11, 2012, 11:15:06 pm »

Applesauce and I will be triple-playtesting them. Gatleos is going to be starting up a hilarious HSRPG 1.2 session where at least four of us will not play premade characters but rather Homestuckized versions of our real selves.

...Is this full?

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: August 11, 2012, 11:16:48 pm »

...Is this full?

No idea. I'll ask him later.

TherosPherae

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: August 12, 2012, 12:27:36 am »

...Is this full?

No idea. I'll ask him later.
Regardless of extra spots, there should still be intereferers showing up and messing things around. Because it really isn't HSRPG unless things go horribly, terribly wrong. :P
Quote from: Aqizzar
Being vengeance and the night could only be improved by being the ballpunching vengeful night.
Quote from: Cthulhu
Gotham's mysteriously high mental illness rate isn't so mysterious when you find out Batman thinks subduing a guy means spiking his head into the pavement like a football.

Johnfalcon99977

• Bay Watcher
  • The Herp Derp Assassin
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: August 12, 2012, 07:42:34 am »

I need to be part of this.

Also please no interfers. I would like a session where things are different and interesting without aliens?
« Last Edit: August 12, 2012, 07:55:22 am by Johnfalcon99977 »
Also known as the Knowlagable, the Forgetful, and/or the Ignored

Please excuse my horrible awful linguistic skills.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: August 12, 2012, 05:27:10 pm »

Hey, guys, feel free to read the stuff I'm adding to the Doc, and let me know if it gets too off base, or doesn't sound right or whatever, especially for the Introduction and GM section.

Johnfalcon99977

• Bay Watcher
  • The Herp Derp Assassin
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: August 12, 2012, 05:41:03 pm »

Is it okay if I rename the starting template to something like "Generic", in the case of Human-like speices? It also helps with the fact that its basically saying "Humans are normal, everyone else is diifffferrrreeeennnttt."
Also known as the Knowlagable, the Forgetful, and/or the Ignored

Please excuse my horrible awful linguistic skills.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: August 12, 2012, 05:46:31 pm »

Why? Things can use the Human template without being Human. It seems kind of pointless. Just leave it.
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 45