Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Need to get a Human Civ to grow a little bit, and then die off.  (Read 1689 times)

franti

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It needs to grow until the point where it as, at least, a "Town" and then die off. I have a seed and some working parameters that work well, but I need to get it to die off, which it only did once, and that save got messed up.

I'm asking for two things, really; is there a thread like this before me, and is there I way I can make a civ die via DFHack or some other program?
Adamantine, Steel, Pig Iron, Iron, Bronze, Bismuth Bronze, Platinum, Brass, Black Bronze, Billon, Rose Gold, Electrum, Bismuth, Aluminum, Gold, Copper, Tin, Sterling Silver, Silver, Nickel, Zinc, Lead, Nickel Silver, Trifle Pewter, Fine Pewter, Lay Pewter.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
Re: Need to get a Human Civ to grow a little bit, and then die off.
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2012, 06:15:16 pm »

Not really. You can insure that creatures die in about 4 years or so, but there really isn't any way to get a civilization to flourish and then die off without just gunning a bunch of worlds and seeing what happens in each one. Someone might have a save around here somewhere that it happens in, but I don't have one personally.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

expwnent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2012, 07:00:48 pm »

You could mod humans to be incredibly powerful but not have gender. That would make them all die off after a while.

GavJ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2012, 07:13:51 pm »

making things [BONE_CARN] bone eaters tends to make them die off, it seems, like kobolds.  But not instantly, just much more often after awhile as they cant support themselves well.
Cauliflower Labs – Geologically realistic world generator devblog

Dwarf fortress in 50 words: You start with seven alcoholic, manic-depressive dwarves. You build a fortress in the wilderness where EVERYTHING tries to kill you, including your own dwarves. Usually, your chief imports are immigrants, beer, and optimism. Your chief exports are misery, limestone violins, forest fires, elf tallow soap, and carved kitten bone.

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2012, 08:18:07 pm »

making things [BONE_CARN] bone eaters tends to make them die off, it seems, like kobolds.  But not instantly, just much more often after awhile as they cant support themselves well.

Does not happen anymore.
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

adasdad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2012, 08:34:48 pm »

it seems like a skilled modder could implant a time-delay genetic kill switch, somehow. using syndromes/interactions, perhaps?
There are no words to describe my state of euphoria right now...
euphoric?

GavJ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2012, 09:25:23 pm »

lol, syndrome placed in water (I know, you can't).  PARALYSIS SEV:1000 START:10000000000000000000000000000, specific to one species.
Cauliflower Labs – Geologically realistic world generator devblog

Dwarf fortress in 50 words: You start with seven alcoholic, manic-depressive dwarves. You build a fortress in the wilderness where EVERYTHING tries to kill you, including your own dwarves. Usually, your chief imports are immigrants, beer, and optimism. Your chief exports are misery, limestone violins, forest fires, elf tallow soap, and carved kitten bone.

adasdad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2012, 07:09:15 am »

lol, syndrome placed in water (I know, you can't).  PARALYSIS SEV:1000 START:10000000000000000000000000000, specific to one species.

you could probably do that with the syndrome in human blood, if you also turn off breeding. not sure though.
There are no words to describe my state of euphoria right now...
euphoric?

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
  • [SPHERE:VERMIN][LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2012, 07:18:12 am »

Well, kill the whole civ with bronze colossus adventurers, of course !

vintermann

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2012, 07:18:17 am »

I don't think humans are simulated down to syndrome-level in world gen.

shadenight123

• Bay Watcher
  • Death. To all. Except my dwarves.
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2012, 07:19:08 am »

wait for human merchants with runesmith...
--> GENOCIDE RACE.
“Well,” he said. “We’re in the Forgotten hunting grounds I take it. Your screams just woke them up early. Congratulations, Lyara.”
“Do something!” she whispered, trying to keep her sight on all of them at once.
Basileus clapped his hands once. The Forgotten took a step forward, attracted by the sound.
“There, I did something. I clapped. I like clapping,” he said. -The Investigator And The Case Of The Missing Brain.