Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 44

Author Topic: Rolling through space: A way to complicated RTD (6/10)(OOC/Discussion)  (Read 63230 times)

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile

No point defense? You might have a hard time with missiles and fighters, especially with your conventional engines.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

He has laser defenses, but is lacking in cooling (you should get some heatsinks) and batteries.

Also, he'll need quite a lot of cargo space, since he'll still have to create the Hellfire Cannon's stats (damage, ammo size, size of the gun itself, etc.), but I suppose its slugs should be enormous and consequently, need a lot of cargo space, aside from the common cargo needs like fuel and cooling liquid.

Also, I think you should get an active radar instead of the passive one. The passive is preposterously defensive, and the active allows for finding weak points.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2012, 06:47:10 am by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile

Note to Commanders: Power Supply.

Don't Negative.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Caellath the ship is meant for stealth,and an active radar would give me away, it would not be very stealthy then :3

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Caellath the ship is meant for stealth,and an active radar would give me away, it would not be very stealthy then :3
Yes, I got it. But keeping a small active one to activate only when you were close could help you during attcks. Nevermind, though.

>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile

Skills:
Close combat skill: 10
Ranged combat skill: 6
Ship combat/Heavy weaponry skill: 2
Medical skill: 4
Mechanics skill: 6
Engineering skill: 6
Social skill: 8
Driving: 4
Piloting(Fighters): 4
Piloting( Large ships): 2
Stealth: 10

:3 Fixed

Stealth would work. It would be all around stealth however, inlcluding both ambushes and stealthing past something. Players would still be capable of laying ambushes and such, but sneaking past a guard would be a bit harder. (d6->d4).
However, Caelleath and his crew don't seem like that sort of people, they preoritize more on getting things blown  up.

Probable to meet all new recruits in the blackmarket, y'know, when we get there?

Not in a tavern obviously.
I'd say it would be a tavern. Space tavern, but still a tavern, or it would be a breach to any adventurer's code that may exist.
Don't forget to try the Pan Galactic Gargle blaster

Oh wow, we need the GM's help on this. I guess we can't add more people to my ship since adwarf's Shade will need his own crew. So I guess Zako and the remainder of the people would end up in his frigate.

Edit: By the way, when we reach the Blackmarket, I better start giving proper functions to the ship's PC personnel. At least basing on the GM's ones, I guess. Raelin will still be helmswoman, though. And for Arrod, I guess he'll be properly named Tactical Officer.
yes indeed, in that case I probably won't add crew to your ship.

quote author=Caellath link=topic=107532.msg3312074#msg3312074 date=1337834269]
Also, the godsplitter and the haymaker badly need guns of some sort.
Not necessarily. I'm getting the Treasury to be a fire support ship, and missiles generally deliver a bigger punch in less time than lasers. The Godsplitter is a frigate which can destroy much larger ships if it sends all its missiles on a target.

Especially with my latest explosive invention, the missile with a fighter's shield, which can phase through the enemies' shields.

As for the fighter, there is the problem of size. A good laser weapon needs some reasonable size, while a good missile battery on a fighter takes way less space.

Accepting ship models to build, though. I plan on creating a fleet, and any ideas can be implanted and built as I get enough credits. Weaponry can also be used, bonus points if you adapt it to one of the ships sheet, since I'm considering abandoning some almost useless features of the Godsplitter.
[/quote]
Don't forget that the Black market might have some "interesting payloads". And some other interesting things.

As for fleets, I'd allow you and adwarf to join toghether if he wants to and has a good reason to be at black market.

Missiles can also have their targeting systems jammed or tricked, or be shot down in flight. But if you want to rely just on them, then ok, but I still think that we should have some kind of non missile based weapons, just in case.
So can laser batteries.
I haven't got it completed yet, but here is what I have so far, its coming along better then I thought it would, but I still need to work out several more weapons, and maybe up its size slightly.
Spoiler: Night Fury (click to show/hide)
Seems fine.  A bit small though and keep in mind that you have to fit the systems into the individual sections and such. Your radar is a bit small though. (100 range is almost considered melee range. You'd get a better view just by looking out of the window). Though you can probably get a replacement in the black market( As wel as radiation absorbing hulls)
I end up with a total of 345 systems size( I guess you forgot to count the PD systems).

I suggest maybe doing away with the sections and turning the ship in a single sections ship with heavier armor instead. At the moment it's structural health is rather low.
You know that boosters are destroyed when used?
As for the hell fire cannon, it'll probably be quite large, between 50 and 100 size. And also use quite large shells. the good thing is that it might actually be capable of taking on ships several times it size.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Stealth would work. It would be all around stealth however, inlcluding both ambushes and stealthing past something. Players would still be capable of laying ambushes and such, but sneaking past a guard would be a bit harder. (d6->d4).
So can we reassign those points we have in the new Stealth skill? I could not care less about sneaking past guards, I'd rather maim and kill them.

>Yes?

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile

So can we reassign those points we have in the new Stealth skill? I could not care less about sneaking past guards, I'd rather maim and kill them.
Nope, Can't do that. That would allow you to abuse the system.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Ok. So, is the blackmarket finished? How about that idea of a dock-for-rent?

And what happens if we get to the blackmarket before adwarf finishes his ship and his captain's bio?
>Yes?

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile

Ok. So, is the blackmarket finished? How about that idea of a dock-for-rent?

And what happens if we get to the blackmarket before adwarf finishes his ship and his captain's bio?
I'll keep you lot busy. There's quite a lot to do there.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

How will you keep us busy?

And what? Where is "there", do you mean the ship or the blackmarket?
>Yes?

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile

How will you keep us busy?

And what? Where is "there", do you mean the ship or the blackmarket?
The blackmarket. It's quite a large system, with lot of lucrative opportunities.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The blackmarket. It's quite a large system, with lot of lucrative opportunities.
If there are melee pitfights to the death in an arena, my character is all in for those. Also, Raelin will sell lemonade, I mean...She'll look for business opportunities and I'll handle her a grocery list. The groceries being highly dangerous equipment.

I'll leave the ship in the dock and get my engineer to fix the damage the Godsplitter suffered until it gets perfectly repaired.
>Yes?

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Here we go the new, and more improved Night Fury, still need to add some more weapons to it though.

Spoiler: Night Fury (click to show/hide)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I think that actually makes laser-based cannons one of the best accuracy options, although severely problematic when dealing with cooling.

They can miss, but you can not shoot down a laser. Enormous slugs like the one of the Hellfire and my Barracuda/Cracker missiles are big enough (not sure on the shell's case) for the PD turrets to attack and take down.

Notes: The liquid cooling operates with external masts, so they must be outside, on Deck 2. Similarly, the exhaust hatch is used not to protect engines on the same deck, it is used to allow engines to be built one deck below, if I remember correctly. The internal weapons battery is also made to house weapons one deck below. So you can actually save some space on the deck 2 by erasing the internal weapons battery and exhaust hatch.
>Yes?
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 44