Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 44

Author Topic: Rolling through space: A way to complicated RTD (6/10)(OOC/Discussion)  (Read 63246 times)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Stealth: 10
I have the impression stealth is like sprinting and therefore has no special skill. I believe that if you are trying to go stealth the GM will use your most closely related skill to the sneak activity you are performing.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile

Hmmm... Stealth eh? Could work... You still could stand to have a bit more specialization though. Engineering and mechanics could go down to 2 which gives you 8 more points, and piloting (fighters) could also go down as well since you are more of a groundpounder type. That gives you 10 points to use which can get both stealth and close combat to 15 each, which would make you a lot more desirable I reckon.

EDIT: ninja'd

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile

Call her a radio officer or a first mate then. Those should be suitable positions for her.
Cleaning lady. And I'll call her so IC.
. . .

Custodian, dammit!

Possible to relocate some stats into Social?  :P

Also, Stealth? If adwarf can do it, that means everyone else has a 4 in it. We all trip over our own feet when trying to hide.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Also, Stealth? If adwarf can do it, that means everyone else has a 4 in it. We all trip over our own feet when trying to hide.
Not necessarily. My ambush rolls have been working so far, and the GM can't simply undo part of the system because a player decided to create a stat. Also, I'm still not too interested in his character :P
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Not necessarily. My ambush rolls have been working so far, and the GM can't simply undo part of the system because a player decided to create a stat. Also, I'm still not too interested in his character :P

Not trying to be mean or anything, but I don't care that you don't find my character appealing, and yes the GM can change the system because its the GM who made the game not the players. I am making my character the way I am because thats who I want to play I could care less about how appealing it is to some one else ...

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Not trying to be mean or anything, but I don't care that you don't find my character appealing, and yes the GM can change the system because its the GM who made the game not the players. I am making my character the way I am because thats who I want to play I could care less about how appealing it is to some one else ...
Ok, sorry if I sounded mean. I actually meant I thought the GM would not undo part of the system due to its complexity. Of course he can change it if he wants to, its his RtD after all.
And I know you can create your character the way you want. I just replied to Tiruin and meant that if I had chances of not picking him, and since there is no stealth at the moment, not drafting Shade could also mean the GM would probably leave as it is, without the stealth skill, with no need of adaptation for your character.

My bad if those were poorly worded and tricked you into misunderstanding, but you are certainly aggressive when you want to  :P
>Yes?

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

*shrugs* Meh some things just strike a cord with me :|, but I'm a try to make a ship again maybe this time I can get my idea to work.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Probable to meet all new recruits in the blackmarket, y'know, when we get there?

Not in a tavern obviously.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I can see even my attempts to play some jokes seem to be quite stiff and my way of wording things can lead to misunderstandings. Meh.

Truth is that my draft was supposed to be Zako, Donut and adwarf, but I guess adwarf is going to get his own ship >.>
>Yes?

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Probable to meet all new recruits in the blackmarket, y'know, when we get there?

XD I take it you read the Hero Caddie thread ?

I can see even my attempts to play some jokes seem to be quite stiff and my way of wording things can lead to misunderstandings. Meh.

Truth is that my draft was supposed to be Zako, Donut and adwarf, but I guess adwarf is going to get his own ship >.>
*shrug* Its going to be a stealth frigate so it might as well be attached with your ships.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'd say it would be a tavern. Space tavern, but still a tavern, or it would be a breach to any adventurer's code that may exist.
>Yes?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

XD I take it you read the Hero Caddie thread ?

~Whaaaat thread?  :P

But including such, and the combined social skills of our crew, it may end up in utter disaster.

Y'know, unless meta is invoked, which I go against.

*shrug* Its going to be a stealth frigate so it might as well be attached with your ships.

So...up for that 'attachment' idea once more, Caellath?

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So...up for that 'attachment' idea once more, Caellath?
Even though I like the idea, the Godsplitter does not have clamps for that (nor the Treasury). His ship would have to fly through its own propulsion system, and the GM himself said that the captains' starting point would depend on their bio.

So adwarf would have to write a captain's bio, I guess. And to end up with us, his bio would have to get him at the port we're docking soon after we kill those boarders.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2012, 11:05:03 pm by Caellath »
>Yes?

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile

Robert would definately be in a space tavern, drinking water. Piloting regulations after all.  ;)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Robert would definately be in a space tavern, drinking water. Piloting regulations after all.  ;)

Frothing mugs of water, anyone?
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 44