Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 44

Author Topic: Rolling through space: A way to complicated RTD (6/10)(OOC/Discussion)  (Read 63373 times)

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile

You can store ships inside a cargobay too. This means they won't be useable by combat situations. ( Because in order to get them in or out you need to vacuumize the cargobay, open the bay doors(which are wide enough to shoot through and  then let the ship go out. Such a procedure can take a long time).

Also I'll be gone till saterday so post your suggestions for what you would want to look for in the smugglers outpost already. You can also search the debris for usefull things.

Also, IronyOwl. Do you still want to join. Otherwise I'll let Caelleath select himself some extra crew. 
« Last Edit: May 01, 2012, 04:23:23 am by 10ebbor10 »

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile

Also, IronyOwl. Do you still want to join. Otherwise I'll let Caelleath select himself some extra crew. 
Uh. Not sure. I'll try to take another crack at the ship sometime within the next few days; before next Saturday, certainly.

If you want to move things along a bit quicker, you could probably just let Caellath select additional crewmates, and then if/when I get around to making my ship any of Caellath's crew that decide they'd like to switch jobs could transfer over.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile

I might do that. Not before Saterday though, as it is a bit silly to have crewmembers arrive out of the middle of nowhere.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile

So, as the Godsplitter is approaching bankruptcy, why not conjoin Irony's idea with the mechanics/structure of the Godsplitter as another, detachable ship, eh?

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile

So, as the Godsplitter is approaching bankruptcy, why not conjoin Irony's idea with the mechanics/structure of the Godsplitter as another, detachable ship, eh?
?
The situation isn't that bad. Besides, you got an entire field of scrap to get loot from.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

post your suggestions for what you would want to look for in the smugglers outpost already.
1- Cheap missiles;
2- Work opportunities;
3- Risky ways to make quick money which can be solved with violence if everything goes badly;
4- Saloons, probably with 2 and 3 integrated;
5- Illegal hangar with mechanics, but with the option of leaving all the repairs and modifications to our own crew (Scelly)

The Godsplitter as a detachable ship? Ahahahahahahaah No.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Also, GM, I asked for the cooling rods to be retracted only if the enemies tried to board us and only the front section.

Which means the cooling system should still be working.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2012, 06:08:04 am by Caellath »
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile

Also, GM, I asked for the cooling rods to be retracted only if the enemies tried to board us and only the front section.

Which means the cooling system should still be working.
Ow fixing that soon.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile

Well, it was worth the thought.  :P

And, I'm sure wherever we are will get to, we'll be safe with Sai'oda on board.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

@GM: I also checked the heat and energy rates and it seems the generator is still producing energy even for offline components.

The ship is currently consuming 1205.5 power and producing 1600, consequently still generating too much heat. And the cooling rods problem still need to be fixed.
>Yes?

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile

@GM: I also checked the heat and energy rates and it seems the generator is still producing energy even for offline components.

The ship is currently consuming 1205.5 power and producing 1600, consequently still generating too much heat. And the cooling rods problem still need to be fixed.
Yay, I'll do that on saterday. And the generator is recharging the batteries, since I didn't want to recalculate fuel use. Will fix that though.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yay, I'll do that on saterday. And the generator is recharging the batteries, since I didn't want to recalculate fuel use. Will fix that though.
Really? Then you can leave the generator at the max energy output possible it can handle without needing to send heat to the heatsinks.
>Yes?

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile

Can't believe the NPC's were actually competent. As for those of you rejoicing and thinking you can beat everything, not all boarding parties are manned by redshirts whitout armor.

Also, I already got some interesting stuff for the black market. I already got 3 things of which owning them is considered a capital crime. (In such a way that anything with guns will be legaly obligated to fire. )

Other things include heat,docking bay and missile launchers upgrades, as well as several additionall payloads. (I got fire,heavy, EMP, decoy and shrapnel already.Feel free to suggest others. )
« Last Edit: May 05, 2012, 03:01:52 pm by 10ebbor10 »

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

There should exist the aforementioned hangars-for-rent to allow us to refit our ship the way we want even if it means using our mechanics.

The hangar system should count with mechanics-for-rent as well, with according prices:
Newbie Mechanic - $ credits
Average Mechanic - $$ credits
Good Mechanic - $$$ credits
Veteran Mechanic - $$$$ credits
And so on.

The higher ranked (and more expensive) mechanics for rent in the hangar could also give tips about the ship using the GM's insight.

There should also be shops selling spare parts so I can build my new payloads with fighter shields.
>Yes?

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile

I  still need some people turns.
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 44