Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 44

Author Topic: Rolling through space: A way to complicated RTD (6/10)(OOC/Discussion)  (Read 63278 times)

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
Re: Rolling through space: A way to complicated RTD (6/10)(OOC/Discussion)
« Reply #225 on: April 22, 2012, 07:28:26 am »

Yes, I know, my fault. Maybe you should separate the missiles from your sheat. Might make it more clear.

You also don't have any batteries on your ship. That might make reloading harder. (As you have to charge up the missiles batteries first).
« Last Edit: April 22, 2012, 07:30:03 am by 10ebbor10 »

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: April 22, 2012, 07:32:59 am »

Yeah, but I have 100 deck space vacant. Should I fill it with batteries? I can not run all of the systems at the same time, but I doubt I'll need to shoot or stuff when I am using the Warp engine (which I guess is the biggest energy offender at the moment). I could also get rid of PD turrets, but the threat of fighters makes me think twice.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: April 22, 2012, 07:38:31 am »

Yeah, but I have 100 deck space vacant. Should I fill it with batteries? I can not run all of the systems at the same time, but I doubt I'll need to shoot or stuff when I am using the Warp engine (which I guess is the biggest energy offender at the moment). I could also get rid of PD turrets, but the threat of fighters makes me think twice.
100 batteries might be a bit much. I do recommend at least ten though(Maybe 20).  I don't think you should get rid of PD turrets.

I also recommend to dedicate some to basic cargo, as your nuclear generator uses 7 fuel a turn, and your flak turrets need ammo to.

Also: It's called a jumpdrive.

Edit: I might halve fuel use, if it turns out that it's too high. We'll see what happens.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2012, 07:54:30 am by 10ebbor10 »

Donuts

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Madman
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: April 22, 2012, 11:13:03 am »

Have we got a game thread yet? If yes, i can has link?
"Oh shit, they've got a slogan! It means they're serious!"

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: April 22, 2012, 11:15:55 am »

Have we got a game thread yet? If yes, i can has link?
No we don't.  I'm still waiting for the final captains ships, and then we need to divide the crew,which includes you, between the ships. I'll send a PM when I make it.(Provided I don't forget, of course)

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: April 22, 2012, 01:08:39 pm »

Alrighty. I am so ready for this to start.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: April 22, 2012, 01:19:56 pm »

Alrighty. I am so ready for this to start.
I'm more or less ready. I' m just finishing the last ships for Caellath start. Can't do IronyOwl's one yet though.

And then we just have to wait till someone posts their ship(s). (Caellath's ship is almost finished, btw)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: April 22, 2012, 01:53:39 pm »

I think my ship is finished. Submitting for GM appraisal. I am still working on something to do with the remaining credits. I am building two fighters and maybe a support ship.
Spoiler: Missiles (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 22, 2012, 02:12:06 pm by Caellath »
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: April 22, 2012, 02:30:10 pm »

Spoiler: Conglomerate Bomber (click to show/hide)

"Bombardier" Short range missile
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Lifeguard escape pod (click to show/hide)
It think I'm going to double all weapon damage(not missiles). They are basically unable to pierce shields as it works now. Besiders, missiles did get their fair share of buffs already.

Fakeedit: Doubled weapon damage. Further rule changes may occur during the game.

Edit: Looking at your ship, Caellath. Everything looks fine. People may join up with him if they want. (Max of 4)
« Last Edit: April 22, 2012, 03:15:52 pm by 10ebbor10 »

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: April 22, 2012, 02:45:30 pm »

Almost. The components just need a bit of fine-tuning, a few things need to be added, and then I need to actually divvy them up between sections and decks.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: April 22, 2012, 02:48:12 pm »

Isn't the max shield for fighters 10? That could be accomplished with a size 5 Fighter shield, since the shield cap is size*2.

Other question: Could I keep two of my three missile bays deactivated to save energy and produce less heat? Or are they different from the external ones?
>Yes?

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: April 22, 2012, 02:50:19 pm »

Isn't the max shield for fighters 10? That could be accomplished with a size 5 Fighter shield, since the shield cap is size*2.

Other question: Could I keep two of my three missile bays deactivated to save energy and produce less heat? Or are they different from the external ones?
Of course
They'd still need to reboot though. Also, oops fixing that mistake. ( Now the fighters have an escape pod.)
Almost. The components just need a bit of fine-tuning, a few things need to be added, and then I need to actually divvy them up between sections and decks.
Good

Note that I just doubled normal weapon damage though.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2012, 02:53:58 pm by 10ebbor10 »

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: April 22, 2012, 02:56:48 pm »

I'll soon repost my character profile, the ship, missiles' information and hopefully, the fighters and support ship, which are drawing heavily on the GM's concept, because I am already kind of tired.
>Yes?

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: April 22, 2012, 02:58:21 pm »

I'll soon repost my character profile, the ship, missiles' information and hopefully, the fighters and support ship, which are drawing heavily on the GM's concept, because I am already kind of tired.
Well, it makes sense after all. They are probably Conglomerate build ships which have been refitted for your purposes.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: April 22, 2012, 03:00:07 pm »

Question: About how long would most combats last, on average?
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 44