Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 44

Author Topic: Rolling through space: A way to complicated RTD (6/10)(OOC/Discussion)  (Read 63349 times)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Rolling through space: A way to complicated RTD (6/10)(OOC/Discussion)
« Reply #180 on: April 20, 2012, 04:17:00 pm »

What does "piercing chance" exactly do? I am fiddling with my missile system.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: April 20, 2012, 04:21:42 pm »

What does "piercing chance" exactly do? I am fiddling with my missile system.
The chance to get through the armor(modded based on how good the (remaining) armor is and damage underlying systems. A weapon with a good piercing chance can shoot all the way through an enemy ship.)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: April 20, 2012, 04:24:26 pm »

The chance to get through the armor(modded based on how good the (remaining) armor is and damage underlying systems. A weapon with a good piercing chance can shoot all the way through an enemy ship.)
Of course it has to defeat the shields first, right?
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: April 20, 2012, 04:28:42 pm »

Of course it has to defeat the shields first, right?
Yes. Unless  you launch it from a fighter from zithin the shields

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: April 20, 2012, 04:37:14 pm »

Where do I have to put the launch shutes to build internal docks? If I have Deck 1 and Deck 2, and I want the docks on 1, do the shutes also go on Deck 1? Or do they go on Deck 2, since they launch the ships outside?
>Yes?

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: April 20, 2012, 04:53:37 pm »

Where do I have to put the launch shutes to build internal docks? If I have Deck 1 and Deck 2, and I want the docks on 1, do the shutes also go on Deck 1? Or do they go on Deck 2, since they launch the ships outside?
Deck 2.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: April 20, 2012, 05:01:56 pm »

Just to clarify, you can have internal docks with no launch shute, they'll just have to be on the outer deck of the ship?
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: April 20, 2012, 06:08:09 pm »

Oh, and:

EDIT: Also, what's the difference between passive and active radar? Would there be any point to having both, other than a lower-energy-cost option when you don't feel active radar is called for?
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: April 20, 2012, 06:09:08 pm »

He explained to me before. Passive is easier to defend against, and active is the only one able to scan enemy structures.
From what I got, that means passive is more suited for scanning nearby enemy threats, like missiles or fighters.
>Yes?

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: April 20, 2012, 07:02:26 pm »

Do we really need to put armor on our ships? I am creating another ship, but my previous armorless design seems to be able to withstand more damage.
>Yes?

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: April 20, 2012, 08:25:49 pm »

Do we really need to put armor on our ships? I am creating another ship, but my previous armorless design seems to be able to withstand more damage.
I don't know about piercing chance or anything like that, but a standard ship section has HP equal to 1/10th its size; so 15-25 for a 150-250 size first deck section. Given that even light armor nearly or more than doubles that (25-45 HP) for relatively little cost (300-500 credits), I'd say it's recommended on anything you really need to not blow up in combat.

Also, remember that, in theory, you only really need to armor the outer layer of a multi-deck ship.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: April 20, 2012, 08:31:31 pm »

Facepalm. I had been mistaken and was taking light armor as 20 credits per size point, medium as 40 and so on.
>Yes?

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: April 20, 2012, 08:56:01 pm »

Ah, yes. That would make armor... difficult.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: April 21, 2012, 12:00:57 am »

:'(

^ Tears of Joy actually. When this does start, the mental imagery on those Capital ships would be awesome!

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: April 21, 2012, 12:03:02 am »

Ahahaha. No.

My former Capital Ship looks more like a shriveled pickle right now, although I am creating both a Frigate (I don't like this midget) and trying to fix my Cruiser (which is closer to the Capital Ship).

Edit: I'll throw both of my designs in and I'll get the possible crew to pick one. I'm ditching the laser on the old cruiser in favor of a docking bay. The frigate already has one. A small one, but it does exist.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2012, 12:17:22 am by Caellath »
>Yes?
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 44