Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 44

Author Topic: Rolling through space: A way to complicated RTD (6/10)(OOC/Discussion)  (Read 63265 times)

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile

How do the stats for players work exactly? How much do you need to get a bonus?

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I have no idea. The GM keeps hiding most of the rolls. Ahem, this was a jab.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile

Not going to tell you. I'll tell you one thing though. With those stats you have a 1 in 180 chance of rolling a one on a flight check.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile

Pretty good odds I say. I'm curious though, if I wanted to adjust power levels to certain parts of the ship remotely, like rerouting all non-essential power to the engines for example, would that require a mechanics roll?

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile

Pretty good odds I say. I'm curious though, if I wanted to adjust power levels to certain parts of the ship remotely, like rerouting all non-essential power to the engines for example, would that require a mechanics roll?
Overcharging of systems is done with either a mechanic or a pilot roll. However, if for example the engines were hit and their power connection fails (Internal damage table) then rerouting the power would be a mechanics check.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile

Cool, and that makes sense. The internal wiring would have to be fried for me not to do it remotely, which would mean an onsite override and fall into mechanics. Thanks.

Just had a thought: Is it possible to conduct cyber warfare on enemy ships, such as disabling shields, weapons or other stuff remotely? What skill would this take?
« Last Edit: May 23, 2012, 08:12:56 am by Zako »

Donuts

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Madman
    • View Profile

Cool, and that makes sense. The internal wiring would have to be fried for me not to do it remotely, which would mean an onsite override and fall into mechanics. Thanks.

Just had a thought: Is it possible to conduct cyber warfare on enemy ships, such as disabling shields, weapons or other stuff remotely? What skill would this take?
Hacking kit and mechanics roll. Just a guess.
"Oh shit, they've got a slogan! It means they're serious!"

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile

Hacking kit and mechanics roll. Just a guess.
Hacking kit and mechanics rolls. Maybe engineering too, depending on what you want to do.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile

Cool. It's good to know that our engineers are good for more than just repairing stuff, they can help attack enemy ships and possibly less up missile targeting computers.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile

Hoorah, I may have a greater than 1/100 chance of getting a 1 with my stats in shooting people - meaning hitting allies!

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

@GM: What is the bonus I get from my Good Quality Melee Weapon? It was pretty expensive after all.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile

+3, which is in fact quite a lot.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2012, 12:23:38 pm by 10ebbor10 »

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Oh yeah, makes sense. Because the cheapest is 250, I mean.

Edit: Zako is almost definitely in, since his skills at piloting both small and large ships are very good. Sorry Raelin/Tiruin, but the offer is just too good. The girl will end up being the comms officer and cleaning lady.

As for the remaining, I guess I'll need at least an extra engineer/repairman.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2012, 12:37:38 pm by Caellath »
>Yes?

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile

You got 2 3 4 ships, after all.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yep. We captured that bomber as well. So we got two large ones and the two fighters.

Can we loot the boarding ship's fighter shield generators before we leave them to drift in space?
>Yes?
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 44