Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 44

Author Topic: Rolling through space: A way to complicated RTD (6/10)(OOC/Discussion)  (Read 63253 times)

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
Re: Rolling through space: A way to complicated RTD (6/10)(OOC/Discussion)
« Reply #210 on: April 21, 2012, 01:23:00 pm »

They are there to store heat, allowing you to retract the radiators in battle, among other things.

Nah, that would make decks virtually useless. Length and size aren't nessecarily expressed in the same unit for example.

Does anyone use the sheet,actually?

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: April 21, 2012, 01:25:03 pm »

I am using it to keep track of how many monies I can still spend.

Edit: My Frigate is almost done. The Cruiser will soon follow. Both are heavily missile-based.

Question: Can I put normal missile bays on the outer deck or am I forced to build the dreaded external missile launchers?
« Last Edit: April 21, 2012, 01:28:29 pm by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: April 21, 2012, 01:27:39 pm »

I am using it to keep track of how many monies I can still spend.
yay. Please note that it doesn't subtract the deck costs. (Also watch out with armoring costs, or you might count them twice. There's a section for if you're just armoring the entire ship, and one for individually armoring sections)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: April 21, 2012, 02:29:35 pm »

Question: Can I put normal missile bays on the outer deck or am I forced to build the dreaded external missile launchers?
Also, can I empty all the four missiles of one bay in one go?
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: April 21, 2012, 02:43:30 pm »

Also, can I empty all the four missiles of one bay in one go?
Normal missile bays must be build on the outer deck, and yes they can fire all their missiles in one go.

You don't need external launchers to launch missiles from the internal bays.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: April 21, 2012, 03:33:38 pm »

You don't need external launchers to launch missiles from the internal bays.
Yeah, I was saying the external launchers are dreaded because they leave the missiles outside.

So, the common missile launcher actually has less chances of having its missiles exploded by enemies before being fired, since they are not as exposed as the ones in the external launchers, am I correct?
>Yes?

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: April 21, 2012, 05:05:44 pm »

Yeah, the chance is much smaller, as the internal launcher counts as an internal structure. (Need to pierce armor before you can get to it).

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: April 21, 2012, 08:38:10 pm »

Ok, it seems (it seems!) I got a nice 3-deck, light-armored outer deck, non-melting down, capable of keeping all of its systems powered, with a small hangar and clamp, with a good radar and with quite the punch of missiles to launch from a very long range...Frigate. I am now left with over 10960 credits. After taking the price of the extra missiles I'm carrying, I am left with something around 8540 credits (yeah, those missiles are expensive).

Now I got some options ahead of me. I got 100 size of a whole Deck 1 vacant.
1- I could:
a) More missile ammo. (10 missiles :V)
b) More generator.
c) More heatsinks.
d) More radar. (probably the less useful, my current active radar is size 50 and range 1000; it would also require more generator)
e) Combination of the aforementioned.

Even those would leave me with some money. So about the remaining monies:
2- I could:
a) Substitute that crappy light armor for heavy armor.
b) Support vessel, specced for Longbow laser attacks (I may run out of missiles some day, although I dread said day).
c) Support vessel, specced for carrying the missiles and random junk.
d) Support vessel, fighter carrier.
e) Combination of the aforementioned.

Edit: Oh yeah there is also this:
3- I could build my huge ship once more.

As a further explanation of 2-b, I could simply turn all my missiles into shield-killers (most already are) and then get a smaller ship with a huge laser/ ballistic weapon capable of destroying armor like it was...something easy to be destroyed.

Of course I may be wrong and I may have to fix some kind of unseen fatal flaw, but with so many credits, I almost sure I can at least get the heavy outer armor and two fighter jets.
I am soon either posting or editing the spoiler with the frigate.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2012, 08:50:47 pm by Caellath »
>Yes?

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: April 21, 2012, 08:41:45 pm »

I would say energy or rockets, after all, if you're rocket based you don't want to be out of ammo. And, if your generators are taken out, back ups would help. Then, I would go for the armor or for the fighter carrier. That's just my opinion.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: April 22, 2012, 03:01:54 am »

I would go for either cargo space( Generators require fuel, which needs to be stored on your ship) or batteries.( Allowing you to charge up missiles and fighters much faster)

Now I just need to come up with the enemies designs.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2012, 03:03:39 am by 10ebbor10 »

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: April 22, 2012, 03:04:37 am »

1-b, or cargo. 2-b, as we need a fallback weapon.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: April 22, 2012, 05:55:54 am »

Have a fighter design.

Spoiler: Conglomerate Bomber (click to show/hide)

"Bombardier" Short range missile
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Note: I just discovered I made an error in the energy calculation. It subtracted weapon energy use rather then adding it.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: April 22, 2012, 06:49:42 am »

I thought the max size for fighters was up to 149 >.>
>Yes?

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: April 22, 2012, 06:59:04 am »

I thought the max size for fighters was up to 149 >.>
It says 1-150 in the (current version of the) rules. Besides, round numbers are more fun.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: April 22, 2012, 07:21:33 am »

Jesus. That weapons miscalculation on the sheet made me commit some mistakes. After correcting them, my normal energy use is 1136, but the max is 1466, and add the fact that I have 3x50size missile bays, totalizing 150 power. Meh. Let me post how it looks right now.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2012, 07:24:29 am by Caellath »
>Yes?
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 44