Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: English Civil WAr  (Read 5798 times)

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
Re: English Civil WAr
« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2012, 12:08:34 am »

With google and wikipedia at your finger tips, why are you asking in a gaming forum?
Because copy and pasting from Wikipedia will set off anti-plagiarism programs. If someone summarizes it here and it's copy and pasted the wording will be different enough to avoid that.

Who said anything about copy and pasting? It's called researching your subject. Getting others to do your work is also not a valid technique. Your post is very revealing.

If you had read more carefully you'd have noticed that MSH is not the OP of this thread. Your post is very revealing as well
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2012, 04:09:29 am »

Geographical causes? Greed, bloodlust, petty politics, and religion. You know, the usual.

Capntastic

• Bay Watcher
  • Greetings, mortals!
    • View Profile
    • A review and literature weblog I never update
« Reply #17 on: April 16, 2012, 04:24:00 am »

I need help fast can someone explain the categorical imperative to me it's for school!!

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 16, 2012, 05:30:36 am »

With google and wikipedia at your finger tips, why are you asking in a gaming forum?
Because copy and pasting from Wikipedia will set off anti-plagiarism programs. If someone summarizes it here and it's copy and pasted the wording will be different enough to avoid that.

Who said anything about copy and pasting? It's called researching your subject. Getting others to do your work is also not a valid technique. Your post is very revealing.

If you had read more carefully you'd have noticed that MSH is not the OP of this thread. Your post is very revealing as well
Indeed, my post is intended to have implications, but not about me.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Nulzilcho

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 16, 2012, 07:06:39 am »

Bah! I wish I'd been here yesterday so the hillari- er, valuable opportunity to post a legitimate looking summary with a few glaring anachronisms buried in it hadn't passed me by.
Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 16, 2012, 07:25:01 am »

Totally wanted to toss out there how it all boiled down to Oliver Cromwell being from the East Side Crew, and them having some turf battles with Charles I and his Hop-Scotch Posse.

Roundhedz4Life, yo.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 16, 2012, 08:10:20 am »

You tricked me OP.  Don't get people's hopes up like that.
Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 16, 2012, 10:08:52 am »

You tricked me OP.  Don't get people's hopes up like that.
Heh. That was my first thought as well, before I read the OP.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Xune

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 16, 2012, 12:18:15 pm »

« Last Edit: April 10, 2016, 10:09:20 am by Xune »

Wayward Device

• Bay Watcher
  • Has no dealings with the incarnations of gods
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 16, 2012, 05:09:32 pm »

I started reading this thread fully expecting a discussion of the English Civil War and some good old fashioned Roundheads vs Cavaliers goodness*, or failing that a thread on the War of the Roses with a misapplied title and some "dual wielding knights were real, well ok, turns out maybe not" goodness. I will also admit that I dared hope that I might stumble across a thread where the very nature of the words war and English were being calling into question, perhaps being toyed with in new and interesting ways. Now I am sad.

*/Warning:Patriotism/ Yay for England for having a written bill of rights* and winning a war to cast off the shackles of the tyrannical King of England**! Yay for us doing this 125*** years before the USA existed!/Warning:Patriotism/

**Not only did we win our war against the a tyrannical king of England, we cut of his head, too. Or, in modern parlance, "fucked his shit up good". 

***Ok, I accept that we only had a Bill of Rights 88 years before the Deceleration of Independence, but still. 
or maybe Valve goes out of business because they invested too heavily in something which then fails - like, say, human civilization.
Alternatively, initiate strife to refuse additional baked goods, and then abscond.

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 16, 2012, 05:49:47 pm »

Patriotism is ugly.
Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 16, 2012, 06:40:09 pm »

Spoiler: It had to be done (click to show/hide)

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 16, 2012, 07:07:53 pm »

Yay for celebrating the adoption of your bill of rights by launching a campaign of ethnic cleansing against the Irish!  Although to be fair the US celebrated the bill of rights by launching such a campaign against the Indians.

...  Is there some sort of god of human rights that demands blood sacrifice whenever you seal a contract?
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 16, 2012, 07:17:27 pm »

No. People just have this tendency to simultaneously do great things and horrible things. It's all within the context of their own lives as well, and thus something that no one else can never fully understand.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

kaenneth

• Bay Watcher
  • Catching fish
    • View Profile
    • Terrible Web Site
« Reply #29 on: April 16, 2012, 08:02:41 pm »

Without the English Channel, they would all have been conquered by the Romans easier.
Quote from: Karnewarrior
Jeeze. Any time I want to be sigged I may as well just post in this thread.
Quote from: Darvi
That is an application of trigonometry that never occurred to me.
Quote from: PTTG??
I'm getting cake.
Don't tell anyone that you can see their shadows. If they hear you telling anyone, if you let them know that you know of them, they will get you.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4