Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 13

Author Topic: Wasteland 2!  (Read 34406 times)

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
Re: Wasteland 2!
« Reply #135 on: September 23, 2014, 03:00:36 pm »

I figured out why Takayuki thinks that I killed all the miners. It's because he was hit by friendly fire at one point and that seems to have set off the flag.

So anyone who has him, don't hit him with friendly fire.

Sartain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: September 23, 2014, 05:00:19 pm »

I'm curious how exactly you solved it. It has several solutions. Of course there's an alternative to text input which is clicking the word you have to input directly when it appears in the dialogue. It never appears as an option in your choices though.

This is what I did:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

My guy has 7 Charisma and 6 smart ass, 2 hard ass, and 2 kiss ass.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: September 23, 2014, 10:51:16 pm »

Fun tip: Avoid the heck out of Bergin if you freed Vulture's Cry on your own AND dug up a certain spot.  Mind you, I've never bothered to get Kiss Ass or Smart Ass that early on.

EDIT: Another thing if you go the Highpool route.  Talking to a certain merchant before saving the town gets you a discount in his store.  Not after though.  It makes sense.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2014, 11:13:25 pm by Zangi »
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Evilsx

• Bay Watcher
  • Some crazy person
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: September 24, 2014, 02:28:25 am »

Is the game worth it right now or should I wait of it to go on special right now?

I have seen some videos/review but I still not sure yet if I should with the price of 40$ or wait until the Halloween sale in the next  two months.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: September 24, 2014, 02:53:41 am »

Probably wait for the sale. You'd get more patches too since the game is pretty buggy right now.

Sartain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: September 24, 2014, 06:01:30 am »

Is the game worth it right now or should I wait of it to go on special right now?

I have seen some videos/review but I still not sure yet if I should with the price of 40$ or wait until the Halloween sale in the next  two months.

It has its fair share of minor bugs, but considering I've spent almost 40 hours on it so far I'd say it's worth buying it now.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: September 24, 2014, 09:17:57 am »

My post about difficulties and being able to be the lonesome ranger in rookie.

Apparently, I have not met the true honey badgers yet.  These particular ones were stronger then the ones I saw in other areas, I think.  Either way, I came out of that with my unoptimized party spent of medical supplies and was constantly in danger of losing someone permanently.  (Yea, I dropped difficulty down from Seasoned to Rookie as soon as I saw em.... and stubbornly went on ahead.  Wasn't sure if its a mission that would complete on its own if I leave and come back.)
Well, it probably would have gone better if I actually gave gun skills to my main guys actually... and came in prepared for it.  Scotchmo and Vulture's Cry apparently are my best damage dealers with my poor set-up.  I booted that death dealer, Angie to make room for others.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2014, 09:19:48 am by Zangi »
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...

Biowraith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: September 24, 2014, 11:42:45 am »

I'd definitely say it's worth the purchase right now.  That said, with any single player game you don't really lose anything by waiting*, so if you have the willpower to do so or money is tight waiting for a sale is probably a wise idea.

*besides, I suppose, a slightly increased encouragement for more games of this type to be made.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: September 24, 2014, 02:56:59 pm »

Oh Scotchmo, you're such a cad.

"You sell water? Who wants that stuff?"

I knew tossing Angela Nofun for him was the right choice.

Edit: Also....

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: September 24, 2014, 06:39:04 pm »

Apparently, there is a working character editor: It seems to work.

I just went ahead and edited out some int and spare skill points, putting it into speed instead for my charisma ranger.  Works like it should.  >.>  Now I can change my mind about how I built my character mid-game.  Huzzah!  Well, reckon you can also fixedit everyone else if you got no self control.

EDIT: The hobo for best companion.

"Sir! Unhand that woman!"
"Oh, I'm sorry. You're a plant."
"Well, you should still unhand her."
« Last Edit: September 24, 2014, 10:03:39 pm by Zangi »

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: September 25, 2014, 12:26:50 am »

Editor? I thought the saves were in plain text. The hard part is remembering how many points you should have if you «take back» some spent ones.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: September 25, 2014, 03:23:16 am »

I think I'm at 3/4ths of the way through the game.

I recommend anyone approaching this point to have the following:

1. Tonnes of science skill. Preferably maxed.
2. Energy weapons. Lots of it.
3. Range extenders on everyone.

I'm playing on the second highest difficulty setting and regular enemies do enough damage to almost one shot squishy characters. It's best not to be in range of them at all. They also have so much armour.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: September 25, 2014, 03:38:12 am »

This is giving me fallout flashbacks where some skills only shine WAAAAAAAAAAAY Later.

guessingo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: September 25, 2014, 05:44:20 am »

Do you have to spend alot of time rolls ng stats at creation to be successful or can you just create and go? Will you die if you do that?

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: September 25, 2014, 09:16:18 am »

Do you have to spend alot of time rolls ng stats at creation to be successful or can you just create and go? Will you die if you do that?
Rolls... ?  You have a limited number of attribute/skill points to allocate.  Check out any lets play.

As for how well you do in combat... It depends on the difficulty level you play at.  Seasoned and Rookie, not really.  It starts to mean something on Ranger and on Supreme Jerk, you really gotta know what you need.

Edit:
Editor? I thought the saves were in plain text. The hard part is remembering how many points you should have if you «take back» some spent ones.
Doesn't work with notepad+, but I reckon I probably need an excel program.  Seems simple enough in my opinion, well, using the program for example...

If you got 3 points in hard-ass, the raw numbers in the file will show 6 skill points.  (it is how many points it costs to get 3 in hard ass.)
4 in hardass would be 10 points total.
Just put the returned points the the unallocated pile.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2014, 10:10:13 am by Zangi »
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 13