Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Had my first adventure mode run today  (Read 1274 times)

zoutzakje

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Had my first adventure mode run today
« on: April 15, 2012, 12:17:25 pm »

and it was very short, but i loved it :D
I have been building my first fort and caused a tantrum spiral on purpose just for giggles. Now I decided to play adventure mode on the same world and I gotta say I really love the combat. My world has absolutely nothing in it because of the settings with which I created the world, so I basically just run around, kill stuff during the day, then get killed during the night lol.
I started as a demigod dwarf with max strength, max tougness and max endurance. furthermore I increased my sword skill as far as I could and then I went playing. Didn't last long, but it was fun nonetheless :D
First I encountered a pack of 5 wild wolves. I killed them all without to much effort, only one of my hands got bruised. Then I had to sleep and I got ambushed by 5 bogeyman. they surrounded me and had me stunned when I woke up. Yet i still managed to kill 3 of them before one landed a fatal kick to my head. Was a fun game :D
Now I was wondering... how do I feed myself? and drink? I didn't manage to figure that one out yet.

EDIT: nvm, found it in the keybindings. good stuff!
« Last Edit: April 15, 2012, 12:21:58 pm by zoutzakje »

Dantrithor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Had my first adventure mode run today
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2012, 12:22:16 pm »

I started yesterday with adventure mode, and found this very helpful to find how to do certain stuff:

http://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/Adventurer_mode

But summarizing, to eat or drink hit "e" and then choose what to eat/drink. You will get full after 3 or 4 items, and have to wait to ingest anything else.

Oh, and you can drink from your own blood stained sword and armor. And it'll satisfy your thirst. Muhahahahahaha

Findulidas

• Bay Watcher
  • [NATURAL_SKILL:OFFTOPIC:5][NOTHOUGHT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2012, 07:11:09 am »

Oh, and you can drink from your own blood stained sword and armor. And it'll satisfy your thirst. Muhahahahahaha

Careful with drinking that vampire blood though. As a newbie being a vampire could be troublesome. It sure is easier getting food and water the normal way anyway.
...wonderful memories of the creeping sense of dread...

zoutzakje

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2012, 04:49:33 pm »

yeah I've been having a blast with adventure mode today, before I started my second fortress. was quite fun. I got the hang of butchering and drinking blood so that's nice. The only problem is finding your quest givers once you have completed them lol.
Highest kill count so far: 20
5 human bandits
1 kobold

6 bogeyman
6 lions
2 wolves

Dantrithor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2012, 05:46:51 pm »

You can go to any hamlet, and select the option to spread the news of your successes to complete it. You don't have to talk to the very same person afaik.

the_game_hunt

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_MERCY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2012, 05:53:51 pm »

yeah I've been having a blast with adventure mode today, before I started my second fortress. was quite fun. I got the hang of butchering and drinking blood so that's nice. The only problem is finding your quest givers once you have completed them lol.
Highest kill count so far: 20
5 human bandits
1 kobold

6 bogeyman
6 lions
2 wolves

One day, youll be like me,

A Axelord legendary 5+,i killed bandit after bandit, vampire after vampire, titan to titan,(no megabeast left :-\).

BUT then the human lady didnt have more quest to give, so I decided to kill them all.

I had like 1500+ kills, played more than a month with that guy, I love him (no homo)
The spinning (silk shoe) strikes the Baron in the left upper arm, bruising the skin!
The Baron has been shot and killed.

WARNING! I'm not responsible for damaging/destroying your post!