Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Bookkeeper puzzlement  (Read 4042 times)

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
Re: Bookkeeper puzzlement
« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2012, 05:38:51 am »

Damnit! Again!

The oracle is angry I know her secret cookie recipie!
« Last Edit: April 15, 2012, 05:40:32 am by wierd »

mdqp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 15, 2012, 05:44:06 am »

It was originally intended that the book-keeper would take each and every item into his office for tabulation one at a time; the current booze barrel is just a placeholder. Toady will eventually get around to fixing it.

Wouldn't it be better if the dwarf went to the items, and signed everything on the spot, instead of running all over the place? Or at least make it a 2 dwarves job, where one gets notes on the items, and then bring the notes to the guy in the office, to update the books? On the other hand, dwarves are crazy, so why bother.

Wannazzaki

• Bay Watcher
  • [PRONE_TO_RAGE:9001][TOO_HAIRY][ADAMANTINE BEARD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 15, 2012, 07:06:27 am »

You are using 'buggered' wrong. It is bugging you. Buggering you would mean screwing you over in some way, as it is another term for sodomy, a light curse. etc etc.

Pedant mode over.

Because nothing is more monotonous than doing accountancy, so you do it while submrged in dwarven rum.
Son of Slaanesh, full of desire, He does cocaine and his head's on fire! DOOOOOOOOOOOOOM Rider! Doom rider! Na na, na na!

Blizzlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Rarely posting anymore.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 15, 2012, 07:56:34 am »

You are using 'buggered' wrong. It is bugging you. Buggering you would mean screwing you over in some way, as it is another term for sodomy, a light curse. etc etc.

Pedant mode over.

Because nothing is more monotonous than doing accountancy, so you do it while submrged in dwarven rum.
Both misspelled and a completely valid point. Nothing makes you think clearer than a cool alcoholic bath!
Quote from: a Swedish electronics teacher
In Sweden, digital electronics is considered unteachable. That is why you are not being taught about it.
Most attempts of sesquipedalian loquaciousness on the internet will most likely end up in egregious delusions of eloquence. Finagle's law commands it!

FrisianDude

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 15, 2012, 08:28:35 am »

Edit: I mean bookkeeper.  ::)
Same Dwarf anyway, usually, for me.
A tiny, foul-tempered humanoid creature that dwells in the evil mountains. They are known to enjoy drinking liquor and will take any unguarded supplies of booze.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #20 on: April 15, 2012, 08:54:47 am »

I'd say it's still valid.

Patroclus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 15, 2012, 10:18:04 am »

The bookkeeper is using the booze as ink.
I want Hell to be a place where my dwarves can live in peace and harmony.
Pages: 1 [2]