Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Dwarven Supersoldiers, am i doing this right?  (Read 2997 times)

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarven Supersoldiers, am i doing this right?
« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2012, 12:54:40 am »

Try it, and you will see that you are wrong.  Clothes on a child are sufficient to stop training spears.

I've just trained three kids through hundreds of strokes.  Not one of them has even gotten a bruise.

A cloak seems to block most of the shots.  The kid apparently realizes his survival is due to him wearing one.

Looks like training spears got nerfed to make them more training and less slow murder. I haven't actually built a danger room in .34.  Had a 70% casualty rate in unarmed soldiers pre-update.

Yeti

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 15, 2012, 01:17:30 am »

I enjoyed the plan in theory, until I got to the line about putting them in the danger room. That seemed to take away from it quite a lot.

FalseDead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 15, 2012, 02:19:10 am »

How did you get the bloody kids to dress? :o

I have never had real luck with keeping my dwarfs clothed.....

Also in regards to the Original Poster, see about turning your super soldiers into vampires when when their attributes are high enough.

This prevents attribute degradation ( also growth do be careful) provides useful things like A attribute bonus(about 300pts too each) no stun,no breath and no pain

Yes it will mean that eventually they suffer from alcohol Deprivation, but, high enough stats and attributes should compensate slightly.

Just keep the away from the rest of your population.....
"Ah the Internet; where the men are men, the women are also men, and the little girls are the F.B.I."

Vanaheimer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 15, 2012, 02:24:49 am »

If you play masterwork, danger room will kill damn near anyone. Vanilla, not so much. Babies die though.

Saiko Kila

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarven alchemist
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 15, 2012, 02:29:24 am »

In current version of game the only way to have my dwarves (including kids) naked is to NOT produce any clothing and DESTROY every one piece I get. They are suckers for clothes. Also, it seems that un-owning finally works, albeit slowly.

On topic,  I haven't used Danger Room in this release, but back in .31.25 I was experimenting with them for in-game years, and training spears on repeat never scratched my clothed guys. I was having all of civilians in military, to keep them clothed, but only plant/leather clothes, no metal. Only casualties were babies of cleaning/military mothers and stupid pets. If they weren't changed it should be still safe - but not to babies and pets. Fortunately, pets can be assigned to pastures and will never bother they owners.

rtg593

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 15, 2012, 02:30:31 am »

How did you get the bloody kids to dress? :o

I have never had real luck with keeping my dwarfs clothed.....

Also in regards to the Original Poster, see about turning your super soldiers into vampires when when their attributes are high enough.

This prevents attribute degradation ( also growth do be careful) provides useful things like A attribute bonus(about 300pts too each) no stun,no breath and no pain

Yes it will mean that eventually they suffer from alcohol Deprivation, but, high enough stats and attributes should compensate slightly.

Just keep the away from the rest of your population.....

You know how many forts it's been since I've seen a vampire...

Correction, versions. Last vamp I saw was in 0.34.05. Not seen a single one since he reduced their migration frequency in .06. Before that I was getting 1 every few years. My longest fort since the change has lasted 6 years. I play several hours a day, usually, so that's a lot of DF years gone by. Approaching 5 years in the current fort, only sticking with it because of the insane quantities of magnetite, lignite, and marble just below the surface. Training my armor/weaponsmiths to legendary, now. Was looking to train up some kids in the meantime so they are deserving of the masterwork weapons. Hence this thread:p

Interesting, 2 pages in, I don't think anyone has answered any of the 9 questions in the OP :p I'm guessing the child care thread pretty much answers it all, and is the one Girlinhat was referring too? Guess I'll go read it now.
Is it because light travels faster than sound,
that people appear bright until you hear them speak?

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #21 on: April 15, 2012, 02:33:26 am »

Where is the optometry? :(

Your Dwarfs need less eyes. Two less to be exact. Also, swapping the danger room for ballista bolts is preferable.

SharkForce

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 15, 2012, 02:56:59 am »

Where is the optometry? :(

Your Dwarfs need less eyes. Two less to be exact. Also, swapping the danger room for ballista bolts is preferable.

that's only for siege operators, i thought.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #23 on: April 15, 2012, 03:02:43 am »

that's only for siege operators, i thought.

They need not be siege operators, even ordinary citizens benefit from having no eyes :D
Pages: 1 [2]