Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25

Author Topic: Crucible RTD [Turn 23: Holy Fuck(ups)]  (Read 34579 times)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Crucible RTD [Turn 23: Holy Fuck(ups)]
« Reply #345 on: May 07, 2012, 07:28:03 am »

Also, I would like to edit my action:

Only create the aforementioned field of war if Ferren's attempt at helping me fails. And build a war crystal pillar.

I got to save that energy. If it works there is no need for me to burn 5 power.

Edit: Of course, if you have already rolled for both results and the outcome happened to be good for me, you can just pretend this post does not exist :>

Edit2: I just realized this:
Quote from: OP
Some of them lack the innate ability to transform, but can instead call upon their patron's power to transform into varying forms of ferocious or otherwise combat-worthy animals. They may also blend these animals very slightly, adding a dash of one form to another.
I fixed the innate ability to transform with one of my actions, granting them the ability to shapeshift into other animals and also become their humanized version the same way the dragons can turn into draconic humanoids.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2012, 11:27:09 am by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: May 07, 2012, 02:52:28 pm »

Also, I would like to edit my action:

Only create the aforementioned field of war if Ferren's attempt at helping me fails. And build a war crystal pillar.

I got to save that energy. If it works there is no need for me to burn 5 power.

Edit: Of course, if you have already rolled for both results and the outcome happened to be good for me, you can just pretend this post does not exist :>
Too late, THE DIE IS CAST! AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Now I just have to figure out whether he becomes a death cultist or a pacifism paladin or what.

Edit2: I just realized this:
Quote from: OP
Some of them lack the innate ability to transform, but can instead call upon their patron's power to transform into varying forms of ferocious or otherwise combat-worthy animals. They may also blend these animals very slightly, adding a dash of one form to another.
I fixed the innate ability to transform with one of my actions, granting them the ability to shapeshift into other animals and also become their humanized version the same way the dragons can turn into draconic humanoids.
I think that's what I meant by "varying forms," ie they can do tigers, tigermen, half-tigermen, etc. I don't think you ever fixed their innate ability to transform, just shored it up with their divine-powered animal equivalent.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: May 07, 2012, 03:00:57 pm »

((Oh. Then I will fix those. I am just glad it was only part of the dragonic population.

Also, I guess that means he has accepted my point, right? I will end up killing him anyway with my Avatar. Unless he starts adoring me, that is.))
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: May 07, 2012, 03:04:05 pm »

Well you rolled a [6+1], so he's probably either accepted it, devoted himself to the exact opposite, been torn apart by murderous phantasms, or something.
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: May 07, 2012, 03:06:26 pm »

((Devoted to the opposite can't be. The action was creating an area which would depict death and carnage it in such a way it would be actually attracting to him. My intention was making him accept violence and converting him.))
>Yes?

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: May 07, 2012, 03:10:43 pm »

A 7 or higher overshoots in a way that warps the intent of the action, though. It's possible it would have been awesome to someone who already thought it was awesome, but too over the top to gain any new converts.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: May 07, 2012, 03:18:11 pm »

A 7 or higher overshoots in a way that warps the intent of the action, though. It's possible it would have been awesome to someone who already thought it was awesome, but too over the top to gain any new converts.
((But I wanted him to stop being a nuisance. I wanted him to stop complaining on top of that hill, I wanted him at the very least to get my point. I admit that the converting part was not expected.
But at least such an overshoot will assure me he won't complain about me anymore, right?))
« Last Edit: May 07, 2012, 03:20:20 pm by Caellath »
>Yes?

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: May 07, 2012, 03:56:36 pm »

((But I wanted him to stop being a nuisance. I wanted him to stop complaining on top of that hill, I wanted him at the very least to get my point. I admit that the converting part was not expected.
But at least such an overshoot will assure me he won't complain about me anymore, right?))
Overshots succeed too well at the action, not necessarily the intent. A 7+ is an extreme example of that, so it really shouldn't seem strange if it completely misses or even harms your goal in the first place. Consider derm's first attempt at transforming the sun.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: May 07, 2012, 04:00:26 pm »

((Well the action was..Huh.
create a zone of pure conflict war and bloodshed, depicted in such a way it is attractive, around the mantis man.
And dermonster's action was not even aimed at convincing the soon-to-be-dead mofo. If he stops whining and I get my power back it is good enough.))
>Yes?

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: May 07, 2012, 04:02:40 pm »

Considering I just turned the sun into a rip in the fabric of reality and played havoc with the size of something infinitely bigger than him, I think I proved my point.

Oh hey the world on the first page updated.

I didn't do that well apparently.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: May 07, 2012, 04:04:09 pm »

Considering I just turned the sun into a rip in the fabric of reality and played havoc with the size of something infinitely bigger than him, I think I proved my point.

((Yeah I saw that.

Edit: Also, ley lines? From which setting did you take those? I have a suspicion.))
« Last Edit: May 07, 2012, 04:34:56 pm by Caellath »
>Yes?

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
  • Immoveable, Indestuctible
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: May 15, 2012, 03:13:34 am »

((Yeah I saw that.

Edit: Also, ley lines? From which setting did you take those? I have a suspicion.))
they sound a little warhammer-y, flows of magic that bathes the world and mages tap into ya know?
And then the horror hits: This was just spring.
We are SOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fucked.
Quite fucked indeed.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: May 15, 2012, 06:07:10 am »

I know what are those, but I had saw them in the Nasuverse.
>Yes?

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: May 15, 2012, 06:46:00 am »

Part warcraft, part those are in one hell of a lot of fantasy settings.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: June 02, 2012, 06:15:56 pm »

Bump?
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25