Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 25

Author Topic: Crucible RTD [Turn 23: Holy Fuck(ups)]  (Read 34586 times)

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
  • Immoveable, Indestuctible
    • View Profile
Re: Crucible RTD [Turn 22: Mortal Khallenge]
« Reply #315 on: May 04, 2012, 07:18:19 pm »

"Why am my power fading twice as fast now? oh well... "

Ahnaros creates the sanctuum, where his body shall rest when the last of his powers in this coil is spent, it is situated under the Grim fortressand only an rune mage of massive potency that worships Ahnaros, father of metal may open.

"Annoying gnat... ill just transform the closest thing to something that can shut him up... some metal there, yes yes, and on fire, MUHAHAAHAH"
And then the horror hits: This was just spring.
We are SOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fucked.
Quite fucked indeed.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: May 04, 2012, 07:26:19 pm »

Awaken, with the powers of my worshippers.

Morelli

• Bay Watcher
  • Even numbers keep me sane.
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: May 04, 2012, 07:29:48 pm »

"Why not use my earlier ideas for a greater good...."

Ferren descends in his physical form to meet the challenger.

"What claim do I have over mortal affairs?  I am Ferren, the God of Peace and Art.  My domains influence the progression of culture.  While I may not have any particular strength, I can suggest peace to the people."

Ferren reaches out an arm, temporarily stopping the hurtling metal and flames from silencing this mantis.  For now, at least.

"The only way I can prove my goodwill is through a gift."

The Octom, a creation made to equally represent all of the original six gods, is my gift to humanity.  Its intent is to keep the gods on equal footings. I shall improve it to what it was originally intended to do.

"My opposite here, Nassharath Enedrasi, has a few words for you now.  He is not as calm as I am.  I wish you luck."
« Last Edit: May 04, 2012, 10:05:53 pm by Morelli »

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
  • Immoveable, Indestuctible
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: May 04, 2012, 07:52:11 pm »

//was my income supposed to go from 11 to 9?//
And then the horror hits: This was just spring.
We are SOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fucked.
Quite fucked indeed.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: May 04, 2012, 07:58:21 pm »

what claim have I for godhood?

Apotheosi laughs. It has grown tired of waiting.

"I am Apotheosi, God of magic and knowledge. Behold mortal, the ultimate work of the god of Magi!"

Flow forth my power, and remake the Sun itself! Turn the celestial body of gas into a star sized mana reactor, to burn in awesome power for all eternity! On each day, a different magic will be slightly more powerful than otherwise. Eclipses hinder a single magic type, and equinoxes improve it a hundred fold. Imbue upon the surface an Image of my Holy glory, and let all know who was the greatest god! Use as much energy as needed to make this a perfect [5] in all areas.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2012, 08:02:15 pm by dermonster »
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: May 04, 2012, 08:04:08 pm »

//was my income supposed to go from 11 to 9?//
Yes, one was normal decay, one was from the mortal's challenge. Strictly speaking I should probably apply Spinal_Taper's penalty for counting as inactive this turn, but that'll wait for later.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

JackoftheBox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: May 04, 2012, 08:06:21 pm »

"I am Mavet, he who looks after the souls of the dead. I'm here to maintain order and guide the lost spirits to their rightful place."

"My place in the mortal heart is to make them less fearful and more acceptable of dying, for it is a thing that everyone of them must one day face."

"My gift is for those who have lived a good life, for they shall be reincarnated. By punishing those not found worthy of reincarnation, the balance is kept and the world of both, living and dead, will be less chaotic."
This morning I found myself looking at the numberplates of the cars on my drive in to work and seeing them as tileset characters in ASCII... a silver Renault I was behind had an interesting scene of a Human wrestling a Minotaur near a bin.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: May 04, 2012, 08:15:38 pm »

You also know that mere words won't be sufficient here- this is a challenge to your essence as a God, and will require a Godly response.

You might be able to just talk him into believing you're an okay guy or something, but you're not going to be able to convince him you're worthy of being a God without some divine intervention.
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: May 04, 2012, 09:53:59 pm »

Nassharath Enedrasi was challenged. This shall not end well for his challenger.
"Listen to me, creature of weak flesh and bone, for I am your Nemesis. I am War, and my hand shall flow forever with the blood I will claim from your useless husk."
That said, the God enters his Avatar, turning into a pale-skinned, black haired human/dragon shape and claiming both his deadly spear and the armor from his pillar to deal with the pesky mortal.
"Bow before me and surrender; I may be merciful."

((@GM: Will the Mortal Kombat take a whole turn? I hope not, or I will have to post my actions.))
« Last Edit: May 04, 2012, 10:03:45 pm by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: May 04, 2012, 10:31:14 pm »

((@GM: Will the Mortal Kombat take a whole turn? I hope not, or I will have to post my actions.))
((For the most part, yeah. The general idea is that you do one or more mostly normal-ish actions in response, but I suppose I can make some allowances for discussion or lesser actions.))

"I am Mavet, he who looks after the souls of the dead. I'm here to maintain order and guide the lost spirits to their rightful place."

"My place in the mortal heart is to make them less fearful and more acceptable of dying, for it is a thing that everyone of them must one day face."

"My gift is for those who have lived a good life, for they shall be reincarnated. By punishing those not found worthy of reincarnation, the balance is kept and the world of both, living and dead, will be less chaotic."

He scoffs.

"Hmph. A prince claiming dominion over the dead, a hand on the shoulder assuring us of inevitability, and empty promises of the justice in eldritch decrees. What manner of corrupt tyrant is this, that boasts of his domain and assures us all is well?"

Nassharath Enedrasi was challenged. This shall not end well for his challenger.
"Listen to me, creature of weak flesh and bone, for I am your Nemesis. I am War, and my hand shall flow forever with the blood I will claim from your useless husk."
That said, the God enters his Avatar, turning into a pale-skinned, black haired human/dragon shape and claiming both his deadly spear and the armor from his pillar to deal with the pesky mortal.
"Bow before me and surrender; I may be merciful."
He scoffs again.

"Hmph. A common thug, demanding obedience or death. Not even the dignity to be called a brigand or thief, needing nothing but taking regardless. What brute is this, that roams the land using strength for its own selfish ends?"

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: May 04, 2012, 10:40:24 pm »

((Do we have to convince him now? He is basically useless and we (specially me) could strike him down with extreme ease.))

Nassharath Enedrasi sighed. Well, he thought he was an opponent, but he was mistaken. It is just a crazy old man who certainly did not take his medications.
"Listen, simple creature. We do have a reason for being Gods. If you wanted a world without conflict, then I suggest you start trying to prevent the natural cycle of life from happening. If the predator does not eat their prey and the weak does not produce technological advancements to win against the strong, then the very ground upon you stand is no more than a husk, stagnant and devoid of life. If you wish to prove me wrong then yelling atop a hill is not the right path. Shouting offenses and screaming incoherently is very easy, acquiring proof is hard."

>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: May 04, 2012, 10:58:04 pm »

((Do we have to convince him now? He is basically useless and we (specially me) could strike him down with extreme ease.))
((You don't necessarily have to convince him directly, just prove whatever point you'd like to make. Obviously this means most successful actions taken to convince him will usually convince him, but proving a different point or doing something in a different manner than he expected will work just as well. In other words, this could end up as a myth proving just about any moral.

Ignoring him or failing miserably will generally cost you another point of Power income. Failing spectacularly badly may cost another. Most other forms of failure or insufficient success will just not gain you anything. Success will restore the Power income you lost when he challenged you, and succeeding especially well may even add another point or two. Note that these may be relative to what and how well others have done, not just the raw numbers.))

Nassharath Enedrasi sighed. Well, he thought he was an opponent, but he was mistaken. It is just a crazy old man who certainly did not take his medications.
"Listen, simple creature. We do have a reason for being Gods. If you wanted a world without conflict, then I suggest you start trying to prevent the natural cycle of life from happening. If the predator does not eat their prey and the weak does not produce technological advancements to win against the strong, then the very ground upon you stand is no more than a husk, stagnant and devoid of life. If you wish to prove me wrong then yelling atop a hill is not the right path. Shouting offenses and screaming incoherently is very easy, acquiring proof is hard."
"Then it is time for mortals to cast off these feeble, unnatural, unproven Gods, and let their purposeless vanity wither away as all weak things do!"

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: May 04, 2012, 11:09:17 pm »

Nassharath Enedrasi giggled.
"That does not change the fact you would rather climb atop a hill and yell at the Gods instead of helping your own people. As I have already said, a world without conflict is nothing but a void. I shall show you."
The God tries to create an extremely disturbing area devoid of conflict and summon it around his challenger. If the first attempt fails (and he can do it without falling into a coma, because I do not have idea on how much power you will take from me from such a simple thing), try once more before summoning it under his adversary.

((Even if I manage to convince him, I'll wait for around two turns before taking control of my Avatar and impaling him on the bloody spear. First prove them wrong, then kill them.))

Edit: May the God of Peace give me a hand? I guess I will screw up both rolls.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2012, 11:28:38 pm by Caellath »
>Yes?

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: May 06, 2012, 01:14:38 am »

Turn 23: Holy Fuck(ups)

"Why am my power fading twice as fast now? oh well... "

Ahnaros creates the sanctuum, where his body shall rest when the last of his powers in this coil is spent, it is situated under the Grim fortressand only an rune mage of massive potency that worships Ahnaros, father of metal may open.

"Annoying gnat... ill just transform the closest thing to something that can shut him up... some metal there, yes yes, and on fire, MUHAHAAHAH"
[1+1] You create a metal box with a riddle on it.

[1+1] You create a smoldering pile of slag near the mortal. It fails to harm or impress him.

"Pathetic! A feeble attempt at brute force and intimidation!"

-5 Power, -3 Power
+7 Power

Awaken, with the powers of my worshippers.
[5] You reawaken, refreshed and unharmed. A little nap was all you needed.

+7 Power

"Why not use my earlier ideas for a greater good...."

Ferren descends in his physical form to meet the challenger.

"What claim do I have over mortal affairs?  I am Ferren, the God of Peace and Art.  My domains influence the progression of culture.  While I may not have any particular strength, I can suggest peace to the people."

Ferren reaches out an arm, temporarily stopping the hurtling metal and flames from silencing this mantis.  For now, at least.

"The only way I can prove my goodwill is through a gift."

The Octom, a creation made to equally represent all of the original six gods, is my gift to humanity.  Its intent is to keep the gods on equal footings. I shall improve it to what it was originally intended to do.

"My opposite here, Nassharath Enedrasi, has a few words for you now.  He is not as calm as I am.  I wish you luck."
[3] You improve the Octom to give minor, faith-related increases to a relevant skill. The mortal seems slightly placated but not very.

"Hmph, a bauble to aid us. Not much for a God, and not much for those not your lackeys!"

-5 Power
+14 Power

what claim have I for godhood?

Apotheosi laughs. It has grown tired of waiting.

"I am Apotheosi, God of magic and knowledge. Behold mortal, the ultimate work of the god of Magi!"

Flow forth my power, and remake the Sun itself! Turn the celestial body of gas into a star sized mana reactor, to burn in awesome power for all eternity! On each day, a different magic will be slightly more powerful than otherwise. Eclipses hinder a single magic type, and equinoxes improve it a hundred fold. Imbue upon the surface an Image of my Holy glory, and let all know who was the greatest god! Use as much energy as needed to make this a perfect [5] in all areas.

[6+1] You turn the sun into a massive, thrumming, ever-present warp of fusion mana, like an alternate dimension looming over this world.
[6] You then reduce it to the size of a small moon.
[2+1] You enlarge it again.
[5+1] You enlarge it yet again, making it extremely large on the horizon.

You find yourself drained of Power, and decide that transforming it into a giant mana reactor will have to do for now.

The mortal drops to his knees, shaking from the display of the sun undergoing such a metamorphosis.

"I... it... it..."

-24 Power, -24 Power, -24 Power, -24 Power
+9 Power

Nassharath Enedrasi giggled.
"That does not change the fact you would rather climb atop a hill and yell at the Gods instead of helping your own people. As I have already said, a world without conflict is nothing but a void. I shall show you."
The God tries to create an extremely disturbing area devoid of conflict and summon it around his challenger. If the first attempt fails (and he can do it without falling into a coma, because I do not have idea on how much power you will take from me from such a simple thing), try once more before summoning it under his adversary.
[1-1] You blight the area around him, killing everything and turning the area into a place of phantasmal war, where the spirits of the dead are drawn to constant conflict.

[4-1] You try again, thinking that's not going to prove your point very well, and end up with a fairly sparse, calm area that's a bit creepy in its silence but not very. The mortal does not look very impressed.

"Hmph, this is it? Even your attempts at peace lead to war, and all your argument is that it is better to have carnage under the yoke of a cruel tyrant than a forest with quiet birds. I reject you."

-3 Power, -3 Power
+8 Power

Quote from: JackoftheBox
Idle
Mavet bides his time.

+4 Power

Quote from: mcclay
Idle
Nikalas bides his time.

+10 Power

Spoiler: Gods (click to show/hide)

So uh, I wasn't quite sure how to react to derm transforming the Sun like that, but I went with having him keep trying because I figured it'd be hard to really do all that other stuff with something that's more rift than object.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
Re: Crucible RTD [Turn 23: Holy Fuck(ups)]
« Reply #329 on: May 06, 2012, 01:31:18 am »

Spread throughout the world the Ley Lines, invisible and intangible rivers of mana.

Have all Ley Lines cross over at one remote inhospitable point (Say...Ferrokai?), and upon that spot create a Temple to myself, that those who wish to speak with me may do so with ease. Links up to the Shrine of Arcane Arts at rare intervals.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 25