Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 25

Author Topic: Crucible RTD [Turn 23: Holy Fuck(ups)]  (Read 34621 times)

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
Re: Crucible RTD [Turn 20: The Terror]
« Reply #300 on: May 03, 2012, 06:06:09 pm »

I will uphold my pledge, and assist the god of fear.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: Crucible RTD [Turn 20: The Terror]
« Reply #301 on: May 03, 2012, 09:50:33 pm »

Turn 21: Abandoned

Oh, I do have a plan.

Ferren returns to gathering power.
You bide your time.

+17 Power

Nassharath Enedrasi attempts to make the War Crystal lighter and creates another power-generating column in his divine Biome.
[4] You make War Crystal lighter and easier to wield or wear.

[2+1] You create a column of the stuff, but it's too small and doesn't operate properly.

-5 Power, -5 Power
+10 Power

Create the Chrachek´ah an very long deep sea creature with ridicolusly protective armour and teeth like two-handed swords and 2 massive arms ending in long talons, it protects the blazing fort from the horrors that we have forgotten...

create an city on/in the jagged mountain (They need somewhere to sleep when they beat it)

give sauri more knowledge on protective and anti-magical runes

[5] You create a massive, fearsome, gargantuan sea serpent with long arms and ferocious teeth and talons. It takes to guarding the boiling city.

[6] You create a massive, crowded metropolis on Jagged Mountain. It looks a bit eerie, currently being deserted.

[4] You give the Sauri knowledge of protective and anti-magic runes.

-5 Power, -2 Power, -3 Power
+11 Power

I be charging mah power
You bide your time.

+6 Power

Expand the outer Cloister.
[3+1] You properly expand the outer Cloister into a temple to yourself. You find that Nikalas does not require aid at this time.

-5 Power
+9 Power

Add Shadows to The Terror. If possible fix it to look like the regular world.
((I'm not sure exactly what you're trying to do here. Creating shadow creatures that are replaced with their real counterparts would have to be built into each area individually, either when they were made or after the fact, as well as needing a good roll to pull off. I'll let you slip a fairly weak, thematically appropriate effect into the whole thing for a fairly arbitrary cost, but for most things you have to deal with each distinct area individually.))

[4+1] You add sinister-looking Shadows to any creature that enters The Terror, impossible for them to look at directly without some sort of aid. You find yourself unable to simply create shadow duplicates of every living creature at once, nor to change the fundamental laws of every area of The Terror to generate such shadows as creatures come into existence.

-8 Power
+12 Power

Quote from: dermonster
Idle
Apotheosi bides her time.

+9 Power

Spoiler: Gods (click to show/hide)
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
  • Gay, Tired and Just here to Vibe
    • View Profile
Re: Crucible RTD [Turn 21: Abandoned]
« Reply #302 on: May 03, 2012, 09:52:53 pm »

Make the Terror look more like the real world
Am I back? Its a mystery to everyone

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: May 03, 2012, 09:55:13 pm »

Nassharath Enedrasi creates another avatar, but the new one must have power generating capable of both supplying the god with power when deactivated (in the same fashion as the war crystal pillars) and supplying itself when used by the God (only create the avatar if it costs at most 10 energy, otherwise just create two war crystal energy generators).
« Last Edit: May 03, 2012, 09:57:33 pm by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: May 03, 2012, 09:59:32 pm »

That'll cost 86 Power. Plus a bit more if you want the areas you'd already made earlier (Innominatam) that didn't really turn out.
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: May 03, 2012, 10:03:49 pm »

YOu know, it's funny. With the move and everything and my sudden return to having regular internet access I've completely forgotten what I was going to do with the godly amounts of power I now have.

I'll think of something.

Reveal existence to the Fey via Semi-religeous Artifact: Tome of the Grand Magi. Bestow it upon the most powerful of the fey, give that one immortal life and powers of arcane unmatched, with a dash of knowing how to run a kingdom in an effective manner.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: May 03, 2012, 10:04:14 pm »

((Terrible world, and I mean that in the figurative sense. Oh the horrors our tribes have to face.

The Fun has just started, I think? Welcome back, Derm.))

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: May 03, 2012, 10:56:28 pm »

Tuwa creates a twin to his golem, made of arcanium and mithril. He locks it within the treasure room, to appear as a statue until the blot of chaos is killed. He makes a small hut near the peak of Mount Onnett, and tells the dwarves to send their purest paladins there when they can no longer fight. The House of the Righteous shall grow with it's number of inhabitants, which shall posess knowlage of the secrets of the mountain. The great monastary will be so holy, it's very walls empwer earth magic, and awaken the true potential of those within it. He makes a third construct, the smartest of the three(About Dwarf/Human genius level) made of arcanium that can shapeshift to blend in or fight. It goes around fighting chaos and evil with it's mighty earthern magic and it's familiar, a massive steel worm which has a great maw upon it's front which devours it's foes and once within it, exposes them to the mana of the earth itself, turning them into arcanium statues.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2012, 11:36:31 pm by Spinal_Taper »

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: May 03, 2012, 11:13:38 pm »

That'll cost 86 Power. Plus a bit more if you want the areas you'd already made earlier (Innominatam) that didn't really turn out.

Fine, I'll just make the Innominatam look like it does in the real world. With the expection of Mount Onett of course.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: May 03, 2012, 11:15:08 pm »

((Are there already veins and deposits of mundane metals, like iron or copper?))
« Last Edit: May 03, 2012, 11:38:14 pm by Spinal_Taper »

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: May 03, 2012, 11:30:25 pm »

((What?))

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: May 04, 2012, 01:40:12 am »

((Are there already veins and deposits of mundane metals, like iron or copper?))
Yes, mundane materials are generally assumed to exist here and there. One of the main uses for the cheaper Minerals categories is just creating more convenient or higher grade deposits of them.

((What?))
He wants to know if normal, mundane metals, like iron or gold, exist in the world even though nobody's created them yet. The answer is yes.

JackoftheBox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: May 04, 2012, 04:10:20 am »

Create two more scrolls.

The Scroll of Madness:
Scroll of Madness gives its reader the power to utter the words of madness, which will cause the targeted creature to go on a killing frenzy, aiming to kill anyone nearby.The mad creatures won't attack the reader. After read the scroll will disintegrate, never to return.

The Scroll of Death:
Scroll of Death gives its reader the power to rip the spirit away from any creature, and send it to be judged. After read the scroll will disintegrate, never to return.
This morning I found myself looking at the numberplates of the cars on my drive in to work and seeing them as tileset characters in ASCII... a silver Renault I was behind had an interesting scene of a Human wrestling a Minotaur near a bin.

Morelli

• Bay Watcher
  • Even numbers keep me sane.
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: May 04, 2012, 06:32:38 pm »

Ferren improves upon the failed polar caps, making them into Antarctica-esque areas with fitting life.

He also creates an octahedron, which emits a faint glow from the inside.  The colours shift from azure to gold to a dark onyx to a deep red and to an earthy tone to white, depending on who is using it.  This octahedron is a source of great power.  It provides its wielder with power - magical potential, physical strength and reflexes for war, great persuasion for diplomacy, control over earth, perfect smithing and fire control, or the power to pull a target into death.  However, the octahedron itself selects which power to grant to the wielder, depending on who that person worships.  This octahedron shall sit on a pedestal in the middle of the pillar mesa, locked solidly into place.  When a chosen disciple of one of the gods comes to release it, that shall start the cycle.  Then, it shall choose a person that worships the next god, and so on.  The Octahedron is called The Octom.

((The idea is that it would provide a source of energy for all of the six.  Is anyone against it?))

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: May 04, 2012, 07:11:01 pm »

Turn 22: Mortal Khallenge

Nassharath Enedrasi creates another avatar, but the new one must have power generating capable of both supplying the god with power when deactivated (in the same fashion as the war crystal pillars) and supplying itself when used by the God (only create the avatar if it costs at most 10 energy, otherwise just create two war crystal energy generators).
You find the logistics of an avatar that also generates Power for you difficult, so you just create a pair of pillars instead.

[5+1] The first is even bigger than intended.

[1+1] Probably because almost all the material ended up in that one and not the other. Your spindly war crystal thing won't be generating any Power.

-5 Power, -5 Power
+9 Power

Reveal existence to the Fey via Semi-religeous Artifact: Tome of the Grand Magi. Bestow it upon the most powerful of the fey, give that one immortal life and powers of arcane unmatched, with a dash of knowing how to run a kingdom in an effective manner.
[2+1] You create a treatise on magic. It's alright, but the Fey aren't terribly impressed. The most powerful accepts it mainly because it'd be rude to turn down a gift.

[5+1] You then supercharge him into an arcane god, as far as most mortals are concerned. Immortal, incredibly, in very unstably, powerful even by Fey standards, and with a hint of leadership, he wastes no time becoming the God-King of the Fey. He even has some worshipers.

-5 Power, -5 Power
+7 Power

Tuwa creates a twin to his golem, made of arcanium and mithril. He locks it within the treasure room, to appear as a statue until the blot of chaos is killed. He makes a small hut near the peak of Mount Onnett, and tells the dwarves to send their purest paladins there when they can no longer fight. The House of the Righteous shall grow with it's number of inhabitants, which shall posess knowlage of the secrets of the mountain. The great monastary will be so holy, it's very walls empwer earth magic, and awaken the true potential of those within it. He makes a third construct, the smartest of the three(About Dwarf/Human genius level) made of arcanium that can shapeshift to blend in or fight. It goes around fighting chaos and evil with it's mighty earthern magic and it's familiar, a massive steel worm which has a great maw upon it's front which devours it's foes and once within it, exposes them to the mana of the earth itself, turning them into arcanium statues.
[2] You create a very expensive poppet.

[6+1] You create a grand, imposing mountain citadel that warps those within to the ways of absolute Earth and Order, slowly hardening their flesh to stone and their hearts to Order, and giving them enhanced powers for it. The dwarves are wary of it.

[3+1] You make a shapeshifting arcanium superhero, except this one feeds people to its giant pet worm.

[6] It's a very large, hungry worm.

[1] You don't handle the overexpenditure of Power very well, and collapse into a coma. This has ramifications for all the Gods as well as you, as their and your Power is sapped by your unintentional silence.

-5 Power, -5 Power, -5 Power, -5 Power
+8 Power

Fine, I'll just make the Innominatam look like it does in the real world. With the expection of Mount Onett of course.
[5] You properly warp the area around your city into Innominatam's low hills and stunted mountains.

-8 Power
+11 Power

Create two more scrolls.

The Scroll of Madness:
Scroll of Madness gives its reader the power to utter the words of madness, which will cause the targeted creature to go on a killing frenzy, aiming to kill anyone nearby.The mad creatures won't attack the reader. After read the scroll will disintegrate, never to return.

The Scroll of Death:
Scroll of Death gives its reader the power to rip the spirit away from any creature, and send it to be judged. After read the scroll will disintegrate, never to return.

[4] You create a scroll that causes its target to go berserk.

[6+1] You create a Scroll of Death, a potent artifact that rips a hole in the world of the living, dragging all within down the Underworld for judgement.

-3 Power, -3 Power
+5 Power

Ferren improves upon the failed polar caps, making them into Antarctica-esque areas with fitting life.

He also creates an octahedron, which emits a faint glow from the inside.  The colours shift from azure to gold to a dark onyx to a deep red and to an earthy tone to white, depending on who is using it.  This octahedron is a source of great power.  It provides its wielder with power - magical potential, physical strength and reflexes for war, great persuasion for diplomacy, control over earth, perfect smithing and fire control, or the power to pull a target into death.  However, the octahedron itself selects which power to grant to the wielder, depending on who that person worships.  This octahedron shall sit on a pedestal in the middle of the pillar mesa, locked solidly into place.  When a chosen disciple of one of the gods comes to release it, that shall start the cycle.  Then, it shall choose a person that worships the next god, and so on.  The Octahedron is called The Octom.
[3] You improve the northern icebergs into a sort of very frosty series of lagoons.

[4] You improve the southern ice floes into a proper, icy biome.

[2] You create a pretty multicolored ball.

-3 Power, -3 Power, -5 Power
+15 Power

Quote from: Ahra
Idle
Ahnaros bides his time.

+9 Power

A mortal challenger has appeared!

Standing atop a small mountain somewhere, a humanoid praying mantis with a long grey beard shouts a challenge to the heavens.

"Hear me, Gods! What place have you in mortal hearts? What use have you to mortal minds? What aid have you to mortal bodies? I challenge you, gods, to state your case on your claim over the affairs of mortals. Stand and shout your answers to the world, or flee like the cowards you are!"

You get the distinct feeling that this isn't just some loud-mouthed mortal- this one has importance to others, and how you handle this will affect your Power, and perhaps your reputation. You also know that mere words won't be sufficient here- this is a challenge to your essence as a God, and will require a Godly response.

Already his challenge has sapped some of your Power, dragging you closer to being unable to act freely. If you rise to the challenge, and especially if you rise better than any of your fellows, you may regain what was lost, and perhaps even come out ahead. Should you fail, it will remain another setback to your Power, and in some cases may even trigger further loss.

Spoiler: Gods (click to show/hide)

I've decided you all aren't dying fast enough, so I'm going to start throwing in arbitrary challenges. You can deal with them in a variety of ways, and can even ignore them outright if you don't mind the Power Income loss. Particularly good or bad solutions may warrant further Power loss or gain.

Also this is either the best or worst Mortal Kombat reference ever.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 25