Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 25

Author Topic: Crucible RTD [Turn 23: Holy Fuck(ups)]  (Read 34588 times)

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
  • Immoveable, Indestuctible
    • View Profile
Re: Crucible RTD [Turn 19: Treacherous Mirrors]
« Reply #285 on: May 02, 2012, 11:49:29 am »

derm you have probably as much power  as i have spent the last 10-8 turns
And then the horror hits: This was just spring.
We are SOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fucked.
Quite fucked indeed.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: May 02, 2012, 11:51:14 am »

bet yer real nervous.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: May 02, 2012, 01:17:51 pm »

bet yer real nervous.
i only point out you have enough to split an trench trough the sea floor and spontaneously make an island the new yellowstone with an immiediate explosion, or carve an fricken moon out of diamond.
Quite fucked indeed.

JackoftheBox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: May 02, 2012, 02:53:08 pm »

Ummmm...sorry about the temple.

Make The Terror into a perfect recreation of the regular world expect for the creatures.
"If you need more help, I have plenty of power to share"

Give power for Nikalas if he needs it.
Fix my Pillar to look more bony, and to emit an aura of calmness

Create the Scroll of Plague:
Scroll of Plague gives its reader the power to infect a lethal plague to creatures he/she touches. The reader will also emit an aura that decays plants around him/her. After read the scroll will disintegrate, never to return.
This morning I found myself looking at the numberplates of the cars on my drive in to work and seeing them as tileset characters in ASCII... a silver Renault I was behind had an interesting scene of a Human wrestling a Minotaur near a bin.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: May 02, 2012, 03:00:47 pm »

((So my tribes conflict in Idathoras is not giving me any power? Ouch.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
So you'll be helping the idle people. Since the active Gods, who are not saving power, will die faster than the idle. I don't see a reason for killing the active ones.))
I'll have to think about that, and specifically whether constant internal conflict is good enough.

As for the idle versus active, they're both losing power at the same rate, active people are just spending it now rather than later.

improve all the things i just made (I didnt mean to make the temple rusty...)
((The temple is not rusty, only the shrine.))
The shrine is what the temple was supposed to be.

Make The Terror into a perfect recreation of the regular world expect for the creatures.
((You do not have enough energy and you have a high chance of dying because of that.))
Yeah, even if I give you a discount for lack of life/nonplant life, recreating the entire world in divine alternate dimension form is incredibly ambitious.

Or the God of Death could just hand you a sack of Power, that works too.

@GM: I think mcclay wanted the place where the low dwarves temple is inside his plane to be home to his temple. I think he did not want to screw the real one. Unless it was the overshot that did it.
He was trying to help Tuwa with his temple, which I simply recorded as two parts- Spinal_Taper made his own temple, then mcclay made the temple also sacred to himself. The overshot was what warped it from "temple to both of them" to "temple to Nikalas' dominance over Tuwa."
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
  • Gay, Tired and Just here to Vibe
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: May 02, 2012, 04:57:46 pm »

"Thank you Mavet, that is extrmely helpfulu."
Am I back? Its a mystery to everyone

Morelli

• Bay Watcher
  • Even numbers keep me sane.
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: May 03, 2012, 01:12:39 am »

Ferren stirs from generating power.  Now is the time to act.

Ferren creates a moon to circle the planet.  He then creates icy plains in the north and south of the world, much like Antarctica.  These icy plains are seeded with life fitting for them.  Ferren enters his physical form and ascends to the newly created moon to watch events unfold.  While looking down Ferren realizes there is still something he needs to fix.  Ferren improves the statue in his shrine on Aerie, making it inspiring to all who view it.

"Now I must inspire people to trust and worship me... If only I could think of how."

((I'm sort of with Derm.  I would post actions, except the actions until now would just involve waiting for more energy.  Of course, with 99 energy I could go completely crazy.))
« Last Edit: May 03, 2012, 01:17:25 am by Morelli »

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: May 03, 2012, 02:30:28 am »

Turn 20: The Terror

Me damn it. Unite the high dwarves, continue improving arcanium, make the teleporter again, seal the duplicator behind the chamber. Place around the temple to fear the temple to order and earth. Make the fear temple an inner cloister to the order's outer cloister.
((Improve the arcanium how? Also, I don't think I made it sacred to you as it should have been, so you get an extra power point and income point.))

[5] You unite the dwarves into a varied but harmonious society that respects each others' differences and values diversity.

[3+1] You make arcanium more common and a bit stronger.

[3] You make a device that causes creatures to float up to the island, assuming they're good at navigating the tunnels on their way up.

[4+1] You seal the duplicator into a hidden chamber behind the main one.

[2+1] You create a small wall adorned with your symbols around the temple to Fear.

-3 Power, -5 Power, -3 Power, -3 Power
+9 Power

Nassharath Enedrasi creates one column of his War Crystal in the Holy Biome to generate power for him (only if it really is 5 power or lower) and starts to build an Avatar for him to walk the earth (with 5 or 3 power cost?) it shall be able to take the shape of any of his civilizations and mix them at will.
[3+1] You create a column of War Crystal to help generate power.

[3+1] You create an avatar for yourself, able to take on the form of all your peoples and mingle with them.

-5 Power, -5 Power
+11 Power

improve all the things i just made (I didnt mean to make the temple rusty...)
Create the Chrachek´ah an very long deep sea creature with ridicolusly protective armour and teeth like two-handed swords and 2 massive arms ending in long talons, it protects the blazing fort from the horrors that we have forgotten...
[5+1] You properly improve your shrine into a temple to the follies of metal, complete with a giant pit filled with rusting, gnarled metals. It's not especially safe, but it's underwater anyway.

[3] You harden their gills a little, but it's still not as strong as the rest of them.

[3+1] You empower the ruby, making it larger and embossed with runes. Those with knowledge of them can use it as a fearsome weapon.

-3 Power, -3 Power, +5 Power
+12 Power

((I guess I'll give you a 2 Power discount per area for being a duplicate with no creatures. You'll still need to replicate any noteworthy plant life, and I'm excluding Features because they're costly and I'm not sure how to price them.))

You attempt to create shadow duplications of Ferrokai's sparse forest, arid plateau, river, reinforced caverns, and Jagged Mountain; Idathoras' dull ocean, coastal region, war lands, jungle, and trench of trepidation; Aerie's deep ocean, landmass, ironwood trees, colorburst vines and Llen plants; the Harvest Fields, Glimmering Field, Trench of Deep Night, and Underflow.

Spoiler: DundundundunDUNDUNDUN- (click to show/hide)

[4] Even with Mavet's contribution, you expend too much Power, but handle it well enough.

-86 Power
+71 Power from Mavet
+12 Power

Apotheosi Bides her time.
You watch and wait.

+10 Power

"If you need more help, I have plenty of power to share"

Give power for Nikalas if he needs it.
Fix my Pillar to look more bony, and to emit an aura of calmness

Create the Scroll of Plague:
Scroll of Plague gives its reader the power to infect a lethal plague to creatures he/she touches. The reader will also emit an aura that decays plants around him/her. After read the scroll will disintegrate, never to return.

((I'll give a discount for the artifact being one-time use.))

You pass a truly gargantuan amount of Power to Nikalas.

[4+1] You properly adorn your pillar, as well as deepening the dark. It now exudes a calming influence.

[2+1] You create a Scroll of Plague, but it's more like a Scroll of Disease With A Lot Of Effort. It's difficult for the reader to actually manifest the plaque, the range of plant decay is downright personal, and the disease is certainly dangerous but not automatically fatal.

-3 Power, -3 Power
-71 Power to Nikalas
+7 Power

Ferren stirs from generating power.  Now is the time to act.

Ferren creates a moon to circle the planet.  He then creates icy plains in the north and south of the world, much like Antarctica.  These icy plains are seeded with life fitting for them.  Ferren enters his physical form and ascends to the newly created moon to watch events unfold.  While looking down Ferren realizes there is still something he needs to fix.  Ferren improves the statue in his shrine on Aerie, making it inspiring to all who view it.

"Now I must inspire people to trust and worship me... If only I could think of how."
[5] You create a fairly large, very pretty moon in the sky. It might actually be taken as inspiring and artistic by some, and certainly could be associated with you.

[2] You create a few icebergs in the north.

[3] You create a fairly extensive ice floe to the south.

[3+1] You properly improve your statue, making it inspiring to those that view it.

-8 Power, -3 Power, -3 Power, -3 Power
+18 Power

Spoiler: Gods (click to show/hide)

I am now very curious what you two are planning with all that Power.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Morelli

• Bay Watcher
  • Even numbers keep me sane.
    • View Profile
Re: Crucible RTD [Turn 20: The Terror]
« Reply #293 on: May 03, 2012, 02:35:42 am »

Oh, I do have a plan.

Ferren returns to gathering power.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: May 03, 2012, 06:19:36 am »

Nassharath Enedrasi attempts to make the War Crystal lighter and creates another power-generating column in his divine Biome.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: May 03, 2012, 03:17:59 pm »

Create the Chrachek´ah an very long deep sea creature with ridicolusly protective armour and teeth like two-handed swords and 2 massive arms ending in long talons, it protects the blazing fort from the horrors that we have forgotten...

create an city on/in the jagged mountain (They need somewhere to sleep when they beat it)

give sauri more knowledge on protective and anti-magical runes
Quite fucked indeed.

JackoftheBox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: May 03, 2012, 04:02:42 pm »

I be charging mah power
This morning I found myself looking at the numberplates of the cars on my drive in to work and seeing them as tileset characters in ASCII... a silver Renault I was behind had an interesting scene of a Human wrestling a Minotaur near a bin.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: May 03, 2012, 04:39:19 pm »

Expand the outer Cloister.

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
  • Gay, Tired and Just here to Vibe
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: May 03, 2012, 05:40:03 pm »

Add Shadows to The Terror. If possible fix it to look like the regular world.
Am I back? Its a mystery to everyone

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: May 03, 2012, 05:41:50 pm »

Add Shadows to The Terror. If possible fix it to look like the regular world.
(("Fixing" usually costs the same amount you used to create.))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 25