Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 25

Author Topic: Crucible RTD [Turn 23: Holy Fuck(ups)]  (Read 34633 times)

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
Re: Crucible RTD [Turn 18: Limitless Power]
« Reply #270 on: May 01, 2012, 05:11:47 pm »

Make the high dwarves more varied. Make Arcanium into a easily craft able crystal that reacts to creatures with an aptitude for earthen magic by strengthening and acting as a conduit. Make the statues into pure Arcanium which are always in the hardened form, but can shape themselves and choose their own shapes. Make the island larger, and make an Arcanium teleporter from the treasure room deep within the mountain to it.

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
  • Gay, Tired and Just here to Vibe
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: May 01, 2012, 07:02:42 pm »

Nikalas creates The Terror (Divine Biome) A alternate "Dark" world where all creatures capable of fear are reprensted (kind of) and the world is perfectly recreated expect for Mount Onett. All creaturs capable of thought are shown as flimsy 2d cutouts casting a wide shadow that turns into their greatest fear. When a creature comes into The Terror they replace their "cutout"expect for one thing, no matter how hard they try they will not be able to see the thing behind them, assitance for Gods and spells nonwithstanding of course. In the place of Mount Onett Nikalas will have his palace city. A sprawling metropolis devoted to the god of Fear, filled with terrible monsters and beings.
(Any help on this would be amazing and awesome.)
Am I back? Its a mystery to everyone

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: May 01, 2012, 07:20:57 pm »

Nikalas creates The Terror (Divine Biome) A alternate "Dark" world where all creatures capable of fear are reprensted (kind of) and the world is perfectly recreated expect for Mount Onett. All creaturs capable of thought are shown as flimsy 2d cutouts casting a wide shadow that turns into their greatest fear. When a creature comes into The Terror they replace their "cutout"expect for one thing, no matter how hard they try they will not be able to see the thing behind them, assitance for Gods and spells nonwithstanding of course. In the place of Mount Onett Nikalas will have his palace city. A sprawling metropolis devoted to the god of Fear, filled with terrible monsters and beings.
"If I may use it as a prison I will assist you."

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: May 01, 2012, 07:21:44 pm »

"Sure, thats fine with me."

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: May 01, 2012, 07:27:12 pm »

"Sure, thats fine with me."
"Let it be done." Tuwa gives Nikalas the power for the dark world, then he places a portal to the shadow world within the caverns of the low dwarves, and embedds it within a temple to both of them. The seal will be imperfect, allowing the dark dwarves to gain the power of fear, at the loss of their healing and buffing powers.
((Can you help me with this Mcclay?))

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: May 01, 2012, 07:49:15 pm »

Enedrasi donates what remains from his power after his last actions (and before the next turn's regeneration) to Nikalas in exchange for helping the God of War in making all his warriors Fearless.

((If you would be so kind.))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: May 01, 2012, 08:09:31 pm »

Nikalas helps Tuwa with his temple while promising Enedrasi the Fearless once he is certain he will not die from power lose. (I might not be able to do fearlessness. Extreme, suicdal bravery but fearlessness is not really my "way" if you know what I mean.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: May 02, 2012, 01:33:44 am »

Turn 19: Treacherous Mirrors

Nassharath Enedrasi attempts to allow the dragons to mix the species they can shapeshift into, creating hybrid species. He also tries to make his power generating region capable of absorbing the violent passions and conflict from the jungle size of Idathoras.
[3] You let them blend a handful of features or tendencies in, but it's still basically the same shape with a bit of something else thrown in.

[5] You extend the cauldron's reach to the jungles.

-4 Power, -8 Power
-11 Power to Nikalas
+11 Power

create the temple of the dead metal (I.e broken, rusted, all that happen to metal and what may happen if misused) In the blazing fortress
(jagged mountain is all the glories of metal, the abyss is the failiures and death of metal)

Fix the weak scales of sauri gills

Create the fireheart, an ruby cut in a multitude of facets, each inscribed with a rune of power, this is the tool of fire, light, and destruction,
aka dont get in front of the bastard that have this, the Flame and light of Ahnaros is reflected from the runes if the wielder can control the runes.

[2+1] You create a modest shrine of gnarled, rusted, low-quality metal in the boiling city.

[3] You reinforce the regions around the gills, but they remain vulnerable to a precise or lucky strike.

[2+1] You create a ruby that can shoot fire. Just not very far or well.

-3 Power, -3 Power, -5 Power
+11 Power

Make the high dwarves more varied. Make Arcanium into a easily craft able crystal that reacts to creatures with an aptitude for earthen magic by strengthening and acting as a conduit. Make the statues into pure Arcanium which are always in the hardened form, but can shape themselves and choose their own shapes. Make the island larger, and make an Arcanium teleporter from the treasure room deep within the mountain to it.
"Let it be done." Tuwa gives Nikalas the power for the dark world, then he places a portal to the shadow world within the caverns of the low dwarves, and embedds it within a temple to both of them. The seal will be imperfect, allowing the dark dwarves to gain the power of fear, at the loss of their healing and buffing powers.
[6] You make the high dwarves incredibly varied. So varied, in fact, that they often find reason to quarrel, and all manner of unsavory and heretical individuals, viewpoints, and activities can now be found somewhere amongst them.

[3+1] You modify Arcanium to react readily to earth magic, strengthening itself upon contact and serving as a conduit for earth energies.

[3+1] You modify the guardians into proper guardians of Arcanium, able to meld themselves as they see fit.

[3-1] You fail to do more than clump on a bit of extra floating earth.

[1] You make an Arcanium duplicator instead of a teleporter- it creates an earthen doppleganger of the target, usually with imperfect, often different features and traits.

[4] You create an imperfect shadow gate in the caverns of the low dwarves. They might be able to access it, were they ambitious and foolhardy.

[3+1] You create a temple for yourself around the shadow gate.

-3 Power, -5 Power, -4 Power, -5 Power, -5 Power, -5 Power, -3 Power
-1 Power to Nikalas
+9 Power

[1+1] You create a blank, uninhabited, gently rolling plain instead of a shadow image of Innominatam.

[5+1] You create a crowded metropolis in the center of this barren landscape, filled to the brim with writhing shadows and horrifying entities.

[3+1] You create a passable impression of the Dead Waters around Innominatam.

[1+1] You create a somewhat deep impression of The Maw, but still not really accurate. It's uninhabited.

[3+1] You create a passable impression of The Edge surrounding Ferrokai.

[6+1] You add your own essence to the low dwarves' temple, completely subsuming and corrupting Tuwa's influence. It's a monument to your victory and superiority over the False God of the Earth.

-8 Power, -5 Power, -8 Power, -8 Power, -8 Power
+11 Power from Caellath
+1 Power from Tuwa
+13 Power

Quote from: dermonster
Idle
Apotheosi bides her time.

+11 Power

Quote from: JackoftheBox
Idle
Mavet bides his time.

+8 Power

Quote from: Morelli
Idle
Ferren bides his time.

+17 Power

Spoiler: Gods (click to show/hide)

I think I may start counting inactive people towards the inactive gods limit; ie every time derm doesn't post an action, everyone loses 2 Power income instead of 1. I'm not sure if I'd apply this to legitimate excuses and my own impatience or not.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Crucible RTD [Turn 19: Treacherous Mirrors]
« Reply #278 on: May 02, 2012, 02:31:13 am »

Me damn it. Unite the high dwarves, continue improving arcanium, make the teleporter again, seal the duplicator behind the chamber. Place around the temple to fear the temple to order and earth. Make the fear temple an inner cloister to the order's outer cloister.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: May 02, 2012, 06:42:31 am »

((So my tribes conflict in Idathoras is not giving me any power? Ouch.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
So you'll be helping the idle people. Since the active Gods, who are not saving power, will die faster than the idle. I don't see a reason for killing the active ones.))

Nassharath Enedrasi creates one column of his War Crystal in the Holy Biome to generate power for him (only if it really is 5 power or lower) and starts to build an Avatar for him to walk the earth (with 5 or 3 power cost?) it shall be able to take the shape of any of his civilizations and mix them at will.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2012, 09:26:47 am by Caellath »
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
  • Immoveable, Indestuctible
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: May 02, 2012, 07:35:01 am »

improve all the things i just made (I didnt mean to make the temple rusty...)
Create the Chrachek´ah an very long deep sea creature with ridicolusly protective armour and teeth like two-handed swords and 2 massive arms ending in long talons, it protects the blazing fort from the horrors that we have forgotten...
And then the horror hits: This was just spring.
We are SOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fucked.
Quite fucked indeed.

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: May 02, 2012, 08:51:11 am »

Ummmm...sorry about the temple.

Make The Terror into a perfect recreation of the regular world expect for the creatures.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: May 02, 2012, 08:52:39 am »

improve all the things i just made (I didnt mean to make the temple rusty...)
((The temple is not rusty, only the shrine.))

Make The Terror into a perfect recreation of the regular world expect for the creatures.
((You do not have enough energy and you have a high chance of dying because of that.))

@GM: I think mcclay wanted the place where the low dwarves temple is inside his plane to be home to his temple. I think he did not want to screw the real one. Unless it was the overshot that did it.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2012, 09:27:22 am by Caellath »
>Yes?

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: May 02, 2012, 10:22:57 am »

"Acceptable, assuming we'll work together to fix it. I'll also continue assisting you with your land of Shadow"

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: May 02, 2012, 11:11:38 am »

Honestly I'm perfectly capable of posting an action, but all I would post until the literal next to last turn of godhood is 'wait and get more power'.

Apotheosi Bides her time.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 25