Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 25

Author Topic: Crucible RTD [Turn 23: Holy Fuck(ups)]  (Read 34686 times)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Crucible RTD [Turn 17: Maelstrom]
« Reply #255 on: April 30, 2012, 07:07:57 pm »

But the question is that does your tribes have mindless devoation to a cause or actual bravery?
*shrugs* Both I guess. Devotion towards their Gods, bravery even when facing death.

They are supposed to be the ultimate warriors. If they are not fearless then they do not interest me and you could help me with it.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: April 30, 2012, 07:16:56 pm »

Give Fennet 1/10 of my power, if he agrees to work with me, and to have his tribes form an ancient alliance with the dwarves.

Morelli

• Bay Watcher
  • Even numbers keep me sane.
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: April 30, 2012, 08:41:58 pm »

Okay, I keep trying to figure out who Fennet is.  Who is it?

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: April 30, 2012, 08:44:45 pm »

The illegitimate child of Ferren, God of Peace and Mavet, God of Death, obviously. :P
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Morelli

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: April 30, 2012, 08:45:17 pm »

.... I am okay with this.  I shouldn't, however I am.  If only I had chosen Life as one of my spheres like I was considering.
vvvv
I saw that How!
« Last Edit: April 30, 2012, 08:46:55 pm by Morelli »

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: April 30, 2012, 08:46:15 pm »

The illegitimate child of Ferren, God of Peace and Mavet, God of Death, obviously. :P
.... I am okay with this.  I shouldn't, however I am.
Hot, sweaty Godly love. ARGH
vvvv
Rawr.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2012, 09:12:26 pm by Caellath »
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
  • Gay, Tired and Just here to Vibe
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: April 30, 2012, 09:11:01 pm »

I declare that this is now canon and should happen next turn.
Am I back? Its a mystery to everyone

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: April 30, 2012, 09:18:26 pm »

Great. Now we'll all wanna tap dat with other gods.

Morelli

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: April 30, 2012, 09:19:20 pm »

Look what we have done.  What was it that you actually meant with Fennet?

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: May 01, 2012, 05:13:22 am »

Turn 18: Limitless Power

WARM THE WATERS...
Create the forged stone in front of jagged mountain, inscribed on it in runes that speak directly to visitors is the glory of metal and forging and the tale of my (Often FAILED) creations

give saurus knowledge of rune magic

[4-1] You bring down the city's temperature to merely boil the waters in its immediate vicinity, like a giant hot-tub.

[6+1] You create a massive slab of stone, inscribed with incandescent runes, bellowing the glories of Ahnaros to any who come near. It's an overwhelming, taxing experience, both physically and mentally, and few can withstand the force for long.

[5] You give the Saurus mastery over runes, which they begin decorating their dwellings, implements, and even scales with.

-5 Power, -3 Power, -3 Power
+12 Power

Nassharath Enedrasi turns his Biome in a war power generator, sending more energy the more carnage, war and bellic intentions there are on the areas around it (and entire world, but only if you don't decide to ask for more than 8 energy to execute this) and tries his hand once more on the dragons he screwed, but this time he only attempts to allow the dragons to shapeshift into animal-people or animals useful for battle, be it for their agility, cunning, venomous fangs or strength (only if you keep the usual power cost). Being more specific, agile foxes and honey badgers are in; strong rhinos and elephants are in; venomous cobras and rattlesnakes are in (also, make the dragons use it as part of my "Miracles" system instead of classic magic, but only if I have enough power to do it without committing suicide, for I do not know how much power you'll ask). Peacocks, kiwis, pigs and every other stupid animal without any redeeming trait in combat is out.

((I don't know when you'll split actions and roll separately for each, so I just can't make precise calculations. I blame you.

How much energy would it cost to create a link to every follower of mine that allowed them to use "Miracles" (drawing upon the power of a God) instead of "Magic"?

I want them to use their powers to shapeshift and also to destroy, so I wanted to create a system which could only draw on my energy when I wanted to (smaller miracles not requiring the use of my energy points, and stronger ones sucking one power point from my bank), and whoever of my followers made use of a portion of the godlike energy would need to pray massively after battle and give me back that one point.))
[4+1] You transform the divine portion of Idathoras into your own personal cauldron of power, energizing you so long as it is properly stocked with warfare and conflict.

[4+1] You empower the shapeshift-less dragons with the ability to transform into animals useful for fighting, borrowing your strength to do so.

-8 Power, -4 Power
+12 Power

Nikalas creates a Shadow Gate on Idathoroas. It will soonserve as a portal to somewhere else but for now is freaking scary. (Divine Region.)
((Bear in mind that, unlike all the other continents, Idathoras is two decidedly different biomes. Where did you want this?))

[3+1] You create a Shadow Gate on Idathoras. It emanates fear.

-5 Power
+9 Power

Split the dwarves into two populations, expel one group deep into the earth. They will keep their mentality as is. Keep the other above ground and make them a varied people with different emotions and goals. Create an island above mount Onnett. Populate it with living, levitating statues made of Arcanium, an ore hidden deep within the mountains that will help the Dwarves in their time of need. Put Arcanium in the mountains.
[5] You split one sect of dwarves off into the depths of the earth.

[3] You break the remaining dwarves' hivemind and even give them slight variations, but they remain incredibly similar.

[4-1] You create a somewhat small floating island above Mount Onnett.

[2] You create simple, awkwardly hovering guardians on the island above Mount Onnett. They're not good for very much, and look more like shiny crystals with eye gems than statues of anything.

[3] You create a crystalline substance that's difficult to work, but a bit easier when in need.

-3 Power, -3 Power, -5 Power, -4 Power, -5 Power
+10 Power

It was now done. The sinister crown which Mavet never wanted to make. But the sudden vanish of power made him craft it, in slight fear, and it had become even more powerful than Mavet had intended. This item should never find its way to mortal hands.

Mavet will wear the Crown of Bones himself.

Create the Skull Banner, a banner that will remove any fear of death from those near it, for warriors should never fear death in the battlefield. The banner will take the life of its wearer after he/she let's go of it.

[6+1] You create the Skull Banner, a flowing standard of pure shadow and bone, leaving all near it somber, fatalistic, and heedless of death. The effect is quite terrifying, but anything close enough to notice that has probably lost all emotion already. Releasing the standard causes not only the death of the bearer, but often everyone around them.

-5 Power
+9 Power

Every time I go to post I can't recall what I was going to do....

Ferren sits idle, continuing to gather more and more power.

"This will have to do, for now."
Ferren continues to bide his time.

+18 Power

Quote from: dermonster
Idle
Apotheosi bides his time.

+12 Power

Spoiler: Gods (click to show/hide)

Fun fact: I had some of this turn written up, then had to go do things. As a result, the world information was partially updated for a few hours before the actions causing them went up.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Crucible RTD [Turn 18: Limitless Power]
« Reply #265 on: May 01, 2012, 05:33:00 am »

Nassharath Enedrasi attempts to allow the dragons to mix the species they can shapeshift into, creating hybrid species. He also tries to make his power generating region capable of absorbing the violent passions and conflict from the jungle size of Idathoras.
>Yes?

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
  • Immoveable, Indestuctible
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: May 01, 2012, 05:59:14 am »

create the temple of the dead metal (I.e broken, rusted, all that happen to metal and what may happen if misused) In the blazing fortress
(jagged mountain is all the glories of metal, the abyss is the failiures and death of metal)

Fix the weak scales of sauri gills

Create the fireheart, an ruby cut in a multitude of facets, each inscribed with a rune of power, this is the tool of fire, light, and destruction,
aka dont get in front of the bastard that have this, the Flame and light of Ahnaros is reflected from the runes if the wielder can control the runes.
And then the horror hits: This was just spring.
We are SOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fucked.
Quite fucked indeed.

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
  • Gay, Tired and Just here to Vibe
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: May 01, 2012, 09:30:49 am »

((Jungle side, also how much do divine biomes cost again?))
Am I back? Its a mystery to everyone

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
  • Immoveable, Indestuctible
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: May 01, 2012, 09:50:29 am »

((Jungle side, also how much do divine biomes cost again?))
((8, its in the first post divine powers cost spoiler))
And then the horror hits: This was just spring.
We are SOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fucked.
Quite fucked indeed.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: May 01, 2012, 01:07:59 pm »

((Innominatam has bears the size of a car and honey badgers the size of a truck.

...We need more giant monsters in Idathoras.))
>Yes?
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 25