Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 25

Author Topic: Crucible RTD [Turn 23: Holy Fuck(ups)]  (Read 34669 times)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: Crucible RTD [Turn 17: Maelstrom]
« Reply #240 on: April 30, 2012, 07:08:30 am »

((I don't know when you'll split actions and roll separately for each, so I just can't make precise calculations. I blame you.
Oh. Well, fair enough.

How much energy would it cost to create a link to every follower of mine that allowed them to use "Miracles" (drawing upon the power of a God) instead of "Magic"?

I want them to use their powers to shapeshift and also to destroy, so I wanted to create a system which could only draw on my energy when I wanted to (smaller miracles not requiring the use of my energy points, and stronger ones sucking one power point from my bank), and whoever of my followers made use of a portion of the godlike energy would need to pray massively after battle and give me back that one point.))
Hm. If I'm understanding you correctly, you basically want them to be able to access your divine power when you let them, in order to utilize it for a specific set of purposes?

Hm... that's probably above even Divine Life, but not necessarily by very much. If you want each one to be the potential caster of fully god-scale miracles, that might push it up quite a bit, though; the lesser function of "they can use tiny bits of their god's divine power instead of magic to shapechange or blow things up" is considerably easier. Only being able to when you give the go-ahead also pushes it up somewhat.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: April 30, 2012, 07:22:08 am »

the lesser function of "they can use tiny bits of their god's divine power instead of magic to shapechange or blow things up" is considerably easier. Only being able to when you give the go-ahead also pushes it up somewhat.
((I accept it. Especially because I want it to be something like this:

Mage: Writes treaties on animal life, quantum magic and whatever.
-Battlefield: O my dormant power which has stood still for eons, BLOW THAT SHIT UP! *Shit gets blown up*

My people: Battle, eat, battle, sleep, battle, wake up, battle, brush teeth, battle...
-Battlefield: O God, BLOW THAT SHIT UP! Pretty please. *Shit gets blown up*

I wanted lesser amounts of shit blowing not to require calling me, unless they are the equivalent of High Priests and have exerted enough of the smaller miracles to ask for a bigger amount of power (like the type an archmage would use).

I will also restrict their numbers, I don't want every and each one of my people to be able to cast miracles, I like the Badass Normal archetype too much for that to happen.))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
  • Gay, Tired and Just here to Vibe
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: April 30, 2012, 09:02:33 am »

Nikalas creates a Shadow Gate on Idathoroas. It will soonserve as a portal to somewhere else but for now is freaking scary. (Divine Region.)
Am I back? Its a mystery to everyone

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
  • Immoveable, Indestuctible
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: April 30, 2012, 09:07:21 am »

Nikalas creates a Shadow Gate on Idathoroas. It will soonserve as a portal to somewhere else but for now is freaking scary. (Divine Region.)
You. Are. Not. Creating. An. Repeat. Of. The. Incursion. Of. GODDAMN CHAOS!!!
 GOT IT OR I WILL TRY THE SWORD OF DAEMOCLES ON IT WITH METAL THATS ALREADY BURNING

its fine if its like that World of warcraft gate
« Last Edit: April 30, 2012, 11:43:58 am by Ahra »
And then the horror hits: This was just spring.
We are SOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fucked.
Quite fucked indeed.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: April 30, 2012, 11:53:24 am »

blablablabla. See above post.
No need to feel threatened, he wants his own plane.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: April 30, 2012, 11:58:39 am »

blablablabla. See above post.
No need to feel threatened, he wants his own plane.
and if he rolls a 1? (Oh wait, not ferrokai, nevermind, want help with starting it up?)
Quite fucked indeed.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: April 30, 2012, 12:02:19 pm »

and if he rolls a 1? (Oh wait, not ferrokai, nevermind, want help with starting it up?)
You can help us. Idathoras is large and I want it to be a wild place.
>Yes?

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: April 30, 2012, 04:50:30 pm »

Split the dwarves into two populations, expel one group deep into the earth. They will keep their mentality as is. Keep the other above ground and make them a varied people with different emotions and goals. Create an island above mount Onnett. Populate it with living, levitating statues made of Arcanium, an ore hidden deep within the mountains that will help the Dwarves in their time of need. Put Arcanium in the mountains.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2012, 07:14:16 pm by Spinal_Taper »

JackoftheBox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: April 30, 2012, 05:11:52 pm »

It was now done. The sinister crown which Mavet never wanted to make. But the sudden vanish of power made him craft it, in slight fear, and it had become even more powerful than Mavet had intended. This item should never find its way to mortal hands.

Mavet will wear the Crown of Bones himself.

Create the Skull Banner, a banner that will remove any fear of death from those near it, for warriors should never fear death in the battlefield. The banner will take the life of its wearer after he/she let's go of it.

This morning I found myself looking at the numberplates of the cars on my drive in to work and seeing them as tileset characters in ASCII... a silver Renault I was behind had an interesting scene of a Human wrestling a Minotaur near a bin.

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: April 30, 2012, 06:08:43 pm »

I would not mind help at all. Also my goal is to have muptile gates on every landmass/ nation if we get to that point. Unless I fuck up epically the should be safe, though the area around them will be quite a bit more terrfying and savage.

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: April 30, 2012, 06:37:49 pm »

I would not mind help at all. Also my goal is to have muptile gates on every landmass/ nation if we get to that point. Unless I fuck up epically the should be safe, though the area around them will be quite a bit more terrfying and savage.
yea... you can create that on the landway between ferrokai and where it leads, or in the blazing fortress, i dont wanna deal with the wolves and other things becoming more savage/beefed up
Quite fucked indeed.

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: April 30, 2012, 06:44:21 pm »

Or I could just stick it in the wilderness and call it a day. They more than likely will go through the portal and be killed by terrible monsters. Also the portals will require a) a ritual b) my support or c) a hell of a lot of bravery.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: April 30, 2012, 06:53:49 pm »

c) a hell of a lot of bravery.
This interests me, since it fits all of my tribes.
>Yes?

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: April 30, 2012, 07:00:10 pm »

c) a hell of a lot of bravery.
This interests me, since it fits all of my tribes.
But the question is that does your tribes have mindless devoation to a cause or actual bravery?

Morelli

• Bay Watcher
  • Even numbers keep me sane.
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: April 30, 2012, 07:07:35 pm »

Every time I go to post I can't recall what I was going to do....

Ferren sits idle, continuing to gather more and more power.

"This will have to do, for now."
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 25