Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 25

Author Topic: Crucible RTD [Turn 23: Holy Fuck(ups)]  (Read 34746 times)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Crucible RTD [Turn 16: Fires of War]
« Reply #225 on: April 29, 2012, 07:23:14 pm »

I'm only making cthulu things in this world to get more power. After that I can work on The Terror. BT how much power do you thing a plane that looks like The World but is...diffrent would cost.
An entire plane of existence would be extremely costy if allowed to be created, I believe. You could try creating a divine biome instead.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: April 29, 2012, 07:27:54 pm »

Once again try to make the dwarves varied in mindset, looks and interests. Tell them to spread across the land, adapting to their surroundings. Give them the ability to become beings of stone, and an innate magical ability in most of them.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2012, 08:36:18 pm by Spinal_Taper »

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
  • Immoveable, Indestuctible
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: April 29, 2012, 07:45:06 pm »

I'm only making cthulu things in this world to get more power. After that I can work on The Terror. BT how much power do you thing a plane that looks like The World but is...diffrent would cost.
Touch ferrokai... and you will wonder why theres horse sized drakes and wolves tearing your creations apart, custodem too
And then the horror hits: This was just spring.
We are SOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fucked.
Quite fucked indeed.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: April 29, 2012, 07:46:54 pm »

Touch ferrokai... and you will wonder why theres horse sized drakes and wolves tearing your creations apart, custodem too
And those apes. Those are mine. See, they can help you now.

Also, don't get too worried. People die, etc etc. I am just lucky all of my three civilizations are composed of diehard mofos.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Morelli

• Bay Watcher
  • Even numbers keep me sane.
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: April 29, 2012, 08:11:45 pm »

Of my civilizations - One of them is peaceful, and wouldn't hurt anything, even to survive.  One of them ended up as simply three immortal creatures.... I wonder if I should try to raise that civilization up again....  Either way, the three violent civilizations would tear the Llen apart in an instant.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: April 29, 2012, 08:22:51 pm »

Either way, the three violent civilizations would tear the Llen apart in an instant.
Well they are pretty far from my civs....But I guess I'll try a way of obtaining a better grasp over my civilizations actions lest they appear in other continents as giant dragons or very, very pretty boys riding giant tigers (I am looking at you, Nemarath'dan). I don't want they to go around killing and getting themselves killed just yet.

Edit: Oh damn. Nikalas did not create orcs, he created orks! They are from the Warhammer Universe. Which means they are as strong, warlike and numerous as they are stupid.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2012, 08:30:53 pm by Caellath »
>Yes?

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
  • Gay, Tired and Just here to Vibe
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: April 29, 2012, 09:31:10 pm »

;D

Also how wouldI touch Ferroaki if I am building another plane. It just looks like this world. Beyond that it is...diffrent.
Am I back? Its a mystery to everyone

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: April 29, 2012, 09:39:04 pm »

@mcclay:
I think I will help you. Your spheres are closely associated to mine, and you could always build the portal to your plane in Idathoras.
>Yes?

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
  • Gay, Tired and Just here to Vibe
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: April 29, 2012, 09:48:37 pm »

cooool.
Am I back? Its a mystery to everyone

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: April 30, 2012, 01:32:25 am »

BT how much power do you thing a plane that looks like The World but is...diffrent would cost.
Well, depends on exactly how you go about it. Derm built his by creating a divine biome in a celestial object; JackoftheBox did the same by building one under Aerie and then (in theory) restricting access to a gate. Either method could work here, though in general I'd suggest a celestial body.

A divine biome (or similar) completely cut off from the world (ie isn't beneath anything or visible as a celestial body) would probably be a bit trickier. You might be able to get away with creating a divine region to act as the gate and then building it off of there; ie you create a magic cave and then build what you want off of that, but without it being physically connected to the mountain the cave is in.

If you mean you want a shadow copy of the entire world or something similar, that'd be incredibly expensive. You might get a discount from the cost of creating the entire world a second time, but it'd still be similar in concept.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Morelli

• Bay Watcher
  • Even numbers keep me sane.
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: April 30, 2012, 01:34:05 am »

Assuming the jewelry is included in that second time, that is forty power right there.

JackoftheBox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: April 30, 2012, 01:52:49 am »

Keep trying to make the Crown work like it's supposed to.
This morning I found myself looking at the numberplates of the cars on my drive in to work and seeing them as tileset characters in ASCII... a silver Renault I was behind had an interesting scene of a Human wrestling a Minotaur near a bin.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: April 30, 2012, 05:58:16 am »

Turn 17: Maelstrom

"My power is waning...  However, this newfound regeneration shall serve me well."

Ferren starts gathering energy for one last, large push.

Unless, of course, he think of something else that needs doing....
Ferren bides his time.

+19 Power

" *THUD* THUD* THUD* WHY DO I ALWAYS OVERKILL THESE THINGS *Sob*"
Okay, warm the waters not boil
two handed axe model big, not unwieldable
give some sauri gills but they will be able to be above water, and i dont need anything to send the more graceful custodem underwater right
?
[1-1] The metal city heats up even more, blazing into a constant inferno of flame and steam visible from a very wide distance. The water moisture actually makes it constantly cloudy, and the heat spreads out as warm winds.

[6] You make the axe oversized again, but still wieldable by a strong Saurus.

[4] You grant the Saurus gills. It's a bit of a weak point in their otherwise solid armor, though.

-5 Power, -5 Power, -3 Power
+12 Power

Nassharath Enedrasi attempts to fix his enormous failed Divine Biome in such a way that it turns into what he had planned for it, and into a permanent source of power income as long as it exists. If it won't kill him, he also gives some of the dragons the power to shapeshift into different anthropomorphic animals and mix them at will, in order to extract the full potential of each form or combination
((If you can't be bothered to mention what you had intended for it originally I'm not going to go back and find it, and if you're too lazy to estimate the power costs, adding "unless it kills me" after every action isn't going to save you. -_-

Unless you meant to transform the Divine Biome into some sort of power generator as a second action, in which case I think you'd have to go into a bit more detail.))
[4+1] You at last transform the badlands into a true Realm of War, empowering and inspiring those who enter into battle and glory.

[2-1] You curse some of the dragons with an inability to transform and a lack of empathy for all life.

-8 Power, -4 Power
+13 Power

Nikalas makes his pillar on Aerie.
He then makes a pit of pure fear that goes staright through the center of Idathors. The tribes sourrndning will use it as a way to test the bravery of their new warriors, a rite of passage if you will.
[6+1] You create a shifting, writhing pillar of shadow and monstrous, ever-changing features, reaching up into the sky and seeming to seep deep into the earth. It's a truly disturbing sight.

[2+1] You create a very, very long trench of trepidation, scary but not terrifying.

-3 Power, -5 Power
+9 Power

Once again try to make the dwarves varied in mindset, looks and interests. Tell them to spread across the land, adapting to their surroundings. Give them the ability to become beings of stone, and an innate magical ability in most of them.
[1] You render them physically, emotionally, and intellectually linked into a hivemind. They're more identical than ever!

[4] They take to the notion of spreading and adapting well, though how they're going to adapt when they're all identical is another matter.

[5+1] You grant them the ability to become beings of stone, which greatly increases their strength and toughness but slows them down and makes them somewhat more simple-minded and severe.

[5] You grant them innate magical ability, making them all gifted mages.

-3 Power, -3 Power, -3 Power, -3 Power
+10 Power

Keep trying to make the Crown work like it's supposed to.
[6+1] You improve the crown to feast upon the power of souls, improving the wielder so long as it siphons power from the dead. Needless to say, this can get out of hand rather quickly.

-5 Power
+9 Power

Quote from: dermonster
Idle
Apotheosi bides his time.

+13 Power

Spoiler: Gods (click to show/hide)
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
  • Immoveable, Indestuctible
    • View Profile
Re: Crucible RTD [Turn 17: Maelstrom]
« Reply #238 on: April 30, 2012, 06:32:47 am »

WARM THE WATERS...
Create the forged stone in front of jagged mountain, inscribed on it in runes that speak directly to visitors is the glory of metal and forging and the tale of my (Often FAILED) creations

give saurus knowledge of rune magic
And then the horror hits: This was just spring.
We are SOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fucked.
Quite fucked indeed.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Crucible RTD [Turn 17: Maelstrom]
« Reply #239 on: April 30, 2012, 07:01:54 am »

Nassharath Enedrasi turns his Biome in a war power generator, sending more energy the more carnage, war and bellic intentions there are on the areas around it (and entire world, but only if you don't decide to ask for more than 8 energy to execute this) and tries his hand once more on the dragons he screwed, but this time he only attempts to allow the dragons to shapeshift into animal-people or animals useful for battle, be it for their agility, cunning, venomous fangs or strength (only if you keep the usual power cost). Being more specific, agile foxes and honey badgers are in; strong rhinos and elephants are in; venomous cobras and rattlesnakes are in (also, make the dragons use it as part of my "Miracles" system instead of classic magic, but only if I have enough power to do it without committing suicide, for I do not know how much power you'll ask). Peacocks, kiwis, pigs and every other stupid animal without any redeeming trait in combat is out.

((I don't know when you'll split actions and roll separately for each, so I just can't make precise calculations. I blame you.

How much energy would it cost to create a link to every follower of mine that allowed them to use "Miracles" (drawing upon the power of a God) instead of "Magic"?

I want them to use their powers to shapeshift and also to destroy, so I wanted to create a system which could only draw on my energy when I wanted to (smaller miracles not requiring the use of my energy points, and stronger ones sucking one power point from my bank), and whoever of my followers made use of a portion of the godlike energy would need to pray massively after battle and give me back that one point.))
« Last Edit: April 30, 2012, 09:06:23 am by Caellath »
>Yes?
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 25