Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 25

Author Topic: Crucible RTD [Turn 23: Holy Fuck(ups)]  (Read 34736 times)

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
  • Immoveable, Indestuctible
    • View Profile
Re: Crucible RTD [Turn 15: Deeper Changes]
« Reply #210 on: April 29, 2012, 01:30:34 pm »

before i forget: Forge an city overlooking the abyss i sealed (Ill give some sauri pseudo gills next turn) , beside it, not over it, on the sea floor, connected to the surface with an spiraling staircase, the city is made with some amounts of sanguinum and heats the surrounding waters
And then the horror hits: This was just spring.
We are SOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fucked.
Quite fucked indeed.

JackoftheBox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: April 29, 2012, 03:39:14 pm »

Create the Crown of Bones. An artifact that draws power from the souls in the Underworld.
This morning I found myself looking at the numberplates of the cars on my drive in to work and seeing them as tileset characters in ASCII... a silver Renault I was behind had an interesting scene of a Human wrestling a Minotaur near a bin.

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
  • Gay, Tired and Just here to Vibe
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: April 29, 2012, 04:20:51 pm »

Nikalas accepts the other gods help and agrees to his terms.
"I may put a fear gate there once I get everything up and running but that shouldn't do too much harm. If  don't screw up."
Am I back? Its a mystery to everyone

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: April 29, 2012, 06:08:12 pm »

Turn 16: Fires of War

Fix the dwarves, trying to make them a varied and colorful people. Make certain the dwarves follow my path, and create my first prophet, Rigoth Stoneset. He will bring my laws to the dwarves, who accept them.(contents will be written later)
[1] You render the dwarves static and nearly identical to each other.

[5+1] You create Rigoth Stoneset, an imposing dwarf, larger and tougher-looking than normal, whose eyes glow from within with the light of Order.

[4] The dwarves accept your laws easily enough.

-3 Power, -2 Power
+11 Power

"So, it has begun at last?..."
Give the Saurus an wish to get to the top of the mountain
shave some more from the rock cracker
before i forget: Forge an city overlooking the abyss i sealed (Ill give some sauri pseudo gills next turn) , beside it, not over it, on the sea floor, connected to the surface with an spiraling staircase, the city is made with some amounts of sanguinum and heats the surrounding waters
[6] You mold Saurus culture around the concept of ascending the mountain. It becomes an obsession, the measure of what a Saurus is worth.

[6] You render the Rock Cracker a handaxe. A Saurus handaxe, but a handaxe nonetheless.

[5+1] You create an impressive city of baser metal and sanguine beneath the sea, with a spiral staircase leading to the surface. It's more of a fortress than a city, but it'll do. It also boils the water immediately around and inside it.

-3 Power, -5 Power, -5 Power
+13 Power

Nassharath Enedrasi tries his hand at enhancing the dragon-people. If there is still power left not to get him in a coma or dead, he proceeds to accelerate the technology development of the dragons.
[6+1] You transform the dragon-people into true avatars of War- massive, ferocious dragons that bring carnage and conflict to all that they survey. They transform into humanoids when they need to bring war to tighter spots or in more nuanced ways.

[5+1] You advance the dragon people's technology quite a bit, though it's more rote knowledge of how to build and do things than true understanding of the underlying principles. Nonetheless, they now possess siege weapons and forged metal.

-4 Power, -3 Power
+13 Power

Apotheosi stared slack jawed at the god who'd managed to completely overwhelm his dominance of power regeneration in one fell swoop. Gritting her teeth, he decided now was the time. She began storing her waning power.
((Fun fact: I didn't realize that would happen either until I went to calculate the Power totals, and suddenly realized what I/he had done.))

You bide your time.

+14 Power

Nikalas nodded at this world, it was pretty good allready but he needed to put his touch apon it. he walked a long the world and whever he stepped monsters appeared. orcs,drow,snake people, all these things and many more.
((You need to specify where and what you're creating. "Things everywhere" doesn't really work.))

[6] You create orks in the jungles of Idathoras. They're a lot like orcs except ridiculous and without a trace of common sense.

[5] You create the drow, cunning, malicious dark elves that inhabit the Reinforced Caverns.

[2+1] You create snake-people, essentially giant serpents with humanoid shoulders, arms, and posture. They're not very imposing, however, and live amongst the hills of Innominatam.

-3 Power, -3 Power, -3 Power
+9 Power

"I feel as though the new god is overstepping his power limits...."

Ferren, out of sympathy for this new god, decides to aid him in his quest.  While creating monsters in no way helps Ferren, it is the kind thing to do. 

Ferren aids Nikalas in creating monsters across the world, on the single condition that Aerie stays safe.  He must protect his Llen.  As for the Llen, Ferren improves their power to speak to animals. 

"I hope I am not doing the wrong thing here."
You find this new god's plans to be too vague to assist him in them.

[4+1] You properly improve the Llen's ability to communicate with animals, making them not only fluent, but generally rather charismatic.

-3 Power
+20 Power

Create the Crown of Bones. An artifact that draws power from the souls in the Underworld.
[1+1] You create a bone crown that glows slightly in the presence of souls.

-5 Power
+9 Power

Spoiler: Gods (click to show/hide)
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Morelli

• Bay Watcher
  • Even numbers keep me sane.
    • View Profile
Re: Crucible RTD [Turn 16: Fires of War]
« Reply #214 on: April 29, 2012, 06:30:19 pm »

"My power is waning...  However, this newfound regeneration shall serve me well."

Ferren starts gathering energy for one last, large push.

Unless, of course, he think of something else that needs doing....

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: April 29, 2012, 06:31:34 pm »

" *THUD* THUD* THUD* WHY DO I ALWAYS OVERKILL THESE THINGS *Sob*"
Okay, warm the waters not boil
two handed axe model big, not unwieldable
give some sauri gills but they will be able to be above water, and i dont need anything to send the more graceful custodem underwater right
?
Quite fucked indeed.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: April 29, 2012, 06:34:47 pm »

and i dont need anything to send the more graceful custodem underwater right?
Probably not, but he'd likely be fairly clumsy and uncomfortable underwater.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: April 29, 2012, 06:46:20 pm »

Nassharath Enedrasi attempts to fix his enormous failed Divine Biome in such a way that it turns into what he had planned for it, and into a permanent source of power income as long as it exists. If it won't kill him, he also gives some of the dragons the power to shapeshift into different anthropomorphic animals and mix them at will, in order to extract the full potential of each form or combination (can't risk too much power and time creating different animal-people, so my dragons will be omnimofos).
« Last Edit: April 29, 2012, 07:50:59 pm by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: April 29, 2012, 06:51:52 pm »

and i dont need anything to send the more graceful custodem underwater right?
Probably not, but he'd likely be fairly clumsy and uncomfortable underwater.
another problem, another turn, and hell if i leave the place to the cthulhu things down there
Quite fucked indeed.

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: April 29, 2012, 06:57:19 pm »

Nikalas makes his pillar on Aerie.
He then makes a pit of pure fear that goes staright through the center of Idathors. The tribes sourrndning will use it as a way to test the bravery of their new warriors, a rite of passage if you will.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: April 29, 2012, 07:02:29 pm »

He then makes a pit of pure fear that goes staright through the center of Idathors. The tribes sourrndning will use it as a way to test the bravery of their new warriors, a rite of passage if you will.
The way Idathoras is developing, soon enough the Cthulhu things at the bottom of the ocean will be meek compared to the jungle. Thanks Nikalas.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: April 29, 2012, 07:08:45 pm »

The way Idathoras is developing, soon enough the Cthulhu things at the bottom of the ocean will be meek compared to the jungle. Thanks Nikalas.
And how about the frigging caves under Ferrokai? Everything down there busts its way trough god-reinforced bedrock
Quite fucked indeed.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: April 29, 2012, 07:13:22 pm »

And how about the frigging caves under Ferrokai? Everything down there busts its way trough god-reinforced bedrock
Ok, then my next action will probably be creating Eldritch Horrors to inhabit the deepest recesses of the continent.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2012, 07:17:25 pm by Caellath »
>Yes?

Morelli

• Bay Watcher
  • Even numbers keep me sane.
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: April 29, 2012, 07:14:48 pm »

I feel as though I should not help make this world a dangerous place.  God of Peace and Art, and whatnot... It's so tempting, though.

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: April 29, 2012, 07:22:01 pm »

I'm only making cthulu things in this world to get more power. After that I can work on The Terror. BT how much power do you thing a plane that looks like The World but is...diffrent would cost.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 25