Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 25

Author Topic: Crucible RTD [Turn 23: Holy Fuck(ups)]  (Read 34719 times)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Crucible RTD [Turn 14: Quiet... Too Quiet]
« Reply #195 on: April 28, 2012, 11:38:28 pm »

Was it?
Yep, it was. I just checked, our first turn had rolls.

Well, you could ask for an auto-success if your action was not too over the top, since you just popped into the game.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
  • Gay, Tired and Just here to Vibe
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: April 28, 2012, 11:39:43 pm »

Hmmm... if it is okay with the GM I might lay the groundwork for my master plan...
Am I back? Its a mystery to everyone

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: April 28, 2012, 11:43:03 pm »

Hmmm... if it is okay with the GM I might lay the groundwork for my master plan...
Sigh. There we go, another God with a God complex.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Morelli

• Bay Watcher
  • Even numbers keep me sane.
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: April 28, 2012, 11:43:53 pm »

Oh, the humanity!

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: April 29, 2012, 02:26:22 am »

Best be quick about it, then. I'm probably going to set your free Power income to 10 rather than five, as the end of the age is coming...
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: April 29, 2012, 03:13:02 am »

Turn 15: Deeper Changes

"Oh why the sunovas... make the armor, weapon saurus wieldable, reinforce armour more
[5+1] You make the heavy armor Saurus-sized, weighted, and shaped. You doubt it'd fit on anything else.

[2+1] You bring the Rock Cracker down in size yet again. It's still monstrously large by Saurus standards, but a truly terrifying champion could probably wield it.

[1+1] You layer on a bit more to the heavy armor, but nothing major.

-5 Power, -5 Power, -5 Power
+13 Power

Nassharath Enedrasi tries to fix his Divine Biome. He doesn't if it will end up killing him once again (only -8 power, right?).
[1+1] You make your badlands a bit more feisty-colored, which might inspire aggression a bit more.

-8 Power
+13 Power

Improve the Harpies.

Create the Slithzeraki, Snake people who inhabit the deep caves.
((In the future, it'd be nice to remind me what exactly you wanted them to be or do. Also, you need to create things in a specific location, not just "tall places." I let the shrubs get away with it because the conditions for them to exist at all were so specific. By deep caves I assume you mean the ones beneath Nameless Continent.))

[4] You turn the bird-things into proper territorial harpies, though still fairly friendly within groups.

[3] Your snake people are a bit small and live in caves more than deep caves.

-3 Power, -3 Power
+15 Power

"I still seem to have a few new ideas...."

Ferren creates eight pieces of jewelry: A necklace, an anklet, a circlet, a sash, an earring, an armlet, a ring, and a cloak clasp.  He decorates each of them with a different colored gem or precious metal and then enchants them all.  The enchantment allows to wearer to form a permanent relationship with an animal, providing them with three forms.  The first form is separate, where they are in their respective forms.  The second is a mix of the animal and the humanoid.  The third and final form is a version of the animal that is more powerful than the original animal's form, and maintains speech and intelligent thought.  Ferren then places them in seamless spheres, which open at the touch of sentient races, and spreads these across the world:  One on Aerie, one in the Harvest Fields, two on Idathoras, two on Ferrokai, one on the Nameless Continent, and one in the Old Realm.  All of them have a small connection to Ferren so he knows where they are and who is wearing them at all times.
[6+1] The jewelry changes those who wear them and those who they bond with. The two begin to fuse, not just physically but in mind and spirit as well. Otherwise, they function much as desired.

-40 Power
+21 Power

((I'm giving you one income per piece, plus an additional point for them being a set.))

Make some of the dwarves architectural geniuses. Make them a truely varied people.
[6] You make some of the dwarves obsessed with grand architecture.

Quote from: JackoftheBox
Idle
Mavet bides his time.

+10 Power

Quote from: mcclay
Appear!
Time is short for your greatest powers, but this world shall still know your blessings. You must move swiftly, however.

+10 Power

Spoiler: Gods (click to show/hide)

The Age of Twilight has begun!

You feel your Power waning. This world has become too strong for you- too powerful in its own right. Gone are the days when you could simply will yourself where you wished, and in the absence of anything otherwise, know that it must be so. Gone too are the days of effortlessly gliding through the world as though it were air. Thick like mud, the world has become, too full of substance to warp instantly and utterly to your whim- a thing of solid mass, now, resistant to your shaping hands.

You still have time, of course- the thickening is a gradual affair, powered largely by your continued efforts against it. But soon, the morass will become too great for you to act freely, and then you will require the wills of your subjects for strength.

It has begun! Every turn, each God will lose a point of Power income. This does mean, of course, that it's possible to delay the inevitable by continuing to create things sacred to you... but once some Gods have run out of Power, the pull of the world will become even stronger, and you'll find it increasingly difficult to persist as you have.

At the end of the Age of Twilight, when all Gods have run out of Power, the Age of Legends will dawn and all Gods will receive Power income only from peoples actively worshiping them, though with bonuses for artifacts, temples, and so on specifically and actively devoted to this cause by said peoples.

The Age of Legends will be a relatively brief Age, and is the last chance for the Gods to shape their people and world before player Tribes appear. It will also feature open recruitment for anyone wanting to play a legendary beast, minor god, or other hero or supernatural entity.

The Age of Legends will consist, in addition to standard and less severe God actions, largely of attempting to lead and nudge your chosen peoples to supremacy and accordance with your spheres. This will pit them against the servants and peoples of your fellow Gods, so prepare wisely.
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
Re: Crucible RTD [Turn 15: Deeper Changes]
« Reply #201 on: April 29, 2012, 03:36:49 am »

Fix the dwarves, trying to make them a varied and colorful people. Make certain the dwarves follow my path, and create my first prophet, Rigoth Stoneset. He will bring my laws to the dwarves, who accept them.(contents will be written later)

Pandemix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: April 29, 2012, 04:01:13 am »

Short question:
Are we alloed to play tribe heroes in the age of legends?
If so I'd play my lightelf in it.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: April 29, 2012, 04:03:13 am »

You may, but there's a chance they'll die or be otherwise affected during the process. In rare cases I suppose that could be a good thing.

EDIT: Also, they probably won't have the support of their full Tribe, though they might have a cadre of followers or comrades, a safe place to return to, etc.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2012, 04:10:49 am by IronyOwl »

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
  • Immoveable, Indestuctible
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: April 29, 2012, 05:20:47 am »

"So, it has begun at last?..."
Give the Saurus an wish to get to the top of the mountain
shave some more from the rock cracker
And then the horror hits: This was just spring.
We are SOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fucked.
Quite fucked indeed.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: April 29, 2012, 06:51:03 am »

Nassharath Enedrasi tries his hand at enhancing the dragon-people. If there is still power left not to get him in a coma or dead, he proceeds to accelerate the technology development of the dragons.
>Yes?

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: April 29, 2012, 07:49:18 am »

Apotheosi stared slack jawed at the god who'd managed to completely overwhelm his dominance of power regeneration in one fell swoop. Gritting her teeth, he decided now was the time. She began storing her waning power.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
  • Gay, Tired and Just here to Vibe
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: April 29, 2012, 09:43:42 am »

Nikalas nodded at this world, it was pretty good allready but he needed to put his touch apon it. he walked a long the world and whever he stepped monsters appeared. orcs,drow,snake people, all these things and many more.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2012, 09:58:47 am by mcclay »
Am I back? Its a mystery to everyone

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
  • Immoveable, Indestuctible
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: April 29, 2012, 09:56:34 am »

((srow?, sorrow?))
And then the horror hits: This was just spring.
We are SOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fucked.
Quite fucked indeed.

Morelli

• Bay Watcher
  • Even numbers keep me sane.
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: April 29, 2012, 01:05:01 pm »

"I feel as though the new god is overstepping his power limits...."

Ferren, out of sympathy for this new god, decides to aid him in his quest.  While creating monsters in no way helps Ferren, it is the kind thing to do. 

Ferren aids Nikalas in creating monsters across the world, on the single condition that Aerie stays safe.  He must protect his Llen.  As for the Llen, Ferren improves their power to speak to animals. 

"I hope I am not doing the wrong thing here."
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 25