Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 25

Author Topic: Crucible RTD [Turn 23: Holy Fuck(ups)]  (Read 34717 times)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: Crucible RTD [Turn 8: Like A Truck]
« Reply #120 on: April 22, 2012, 10:56:23 pm »

Turn 9: Several Seas

Apotheosi bid farewell to the fragment, and set out to the oceans.

Rise, creatures and beings of the sea!

Create the Glimmering Field, a flat seabed filled with coral, and various colorful fish and plantlife.

Create the Trench of Deep,  three miles of crater where the pressure is immense and sunlight null. Fill it with strange creatures, ones that would look to be ancient beyond reckoning.

[5] You create the Glimmering Field, a thriving stretch of shallow, well-lit seabed. It's a vibrant and wondrous place.

[6] You create the Trench of Deep, a three-mile wide chasm filled with alien horrors beyond mortal reckoning, where the pressure weighs upon stone and "light" is an utterly foreign and bizarre concept.

-3 Power, -2 Power
+11 Power

"Well, that sure as hell was not in my plans. AND WHY ARE THERE GORRILAS??... I shall show them... DRAKES!!! BURN THE MONKEYS WHILE I REPLACE THEM WITH METAL FURRED WOLVES MUHUHUHUHAHAHA AND GIANT ELK WITH LETHAL HORNS 3 METRES TALL AT THEIR SHOULDERS, WELCOME TO DARWIN 101 HAHAHAHA"

*Ahem* better freshen up the forest and raise a new patch of land and make it.. a plateau?, sure why the hell not"

"And i need trees that suck the bad out of the ground where they grow, Hydrasia i shall call them, and this land is now Ferrokai"
Urgh fine but the wolves and gorillas shall fight eachother
((Did you want the plateau to be a Region or an entire Biome? I assumed Region. Also, I counted Giant Elk as magical because, while they're not, I do think your original plans for them were a bit above simply Exotic.))

[4+1] You create graceful, deadly wolves with steel fur. They're also fairly large, like everything on Ferrokai.

[2] You create something between a rabbit and a shaggy goat, a little smaller than a small dog and understandably jumpy.

[3] You manage to make the forest a bit bigger and greener, but it remains a little sparse and acidic.

[4] You raise an arid plateau off the side of the forest.

[2+1] You make the wolves and gorillas a bit more antagonistic, mostly over territory and food.

-4 Power, -3 Power, -3 Power, -2 Power, -1 Power
+10 Power

BURN THE MONKEYS WHILE I REPLACE THEM WITH METAL FURRED WOLVES MUHUHUHUHAHAHA"
((Please do not kill the apes. They are not attacking nor destroying your creations, there is no need to mess up with mine.))

Nassharath Enedrasi spreads sea life around the ocean which is around the continent of Idathora, tries once more to enhance the stubborn humans and decides to create a bridge of land to connect the Nameless Continent and Idathora so that some specimens of one of his most beloved creations, the truck-sized honey badger, may walk towards the jungles of his continent and make it even deadlier. If there is still power remaining, just build an enormous (holy) black horseslayer-type spear, its surface marked with deep red lines and capable of acting much like a drill when its true power is activated (it being destroying any kind of defense if the wielder of the lance is worthy), and send it to the middle of Idathoras jungles, making it unmovable unless the God of War allows someone to take it.
[1] You create toxic, ravenous life forms that mainly eat each other and defile their environments. While it is technically life, it tends to be limited to areas where they haven't been able to find each other.

[6+1] You enhance the humans into Spartans. They live for war, breathe for war, eat for war, bathe for war... they're really not very interested in much else.

[6] You create several jagged rocks leading from Idathoras to Nameless Continent. They'll be difficult for most creatures to traverse, and it's a long and barren enough journey that most wouldn't try.

You decide to wait on the spear, as you'd overextend yourself slightly making it.

-1 Power, -3 Power, -2 Power
+11 Power

"You seven, guard this gate and I will reward you... later, for I have things to do."

In order to maintain balance in the world, there can't be too many dead spirits, as there can't be too many living. This problem would have to be solved sooner or later, and on this case Mavet preferred sooner.

Create the Book of the Damned, a book where reads which soul is damned to the Underworld, and which is sent back for a newborn body. Appoint one of the Spirit Guides as Judge, who decides the fate of these souls and then scribes it to the book. Bless this Judge with a better sense judgement. With remaining powers (if left), create normal life in places that still lack it, if none lacks just add randomly.
[4+1] You create the Book of the Damned, an ancient-looking grimoire that reads the fates of souls.

[4+1] You appoint the Judge, increasing his judgement and granting him the power of deciding a soul's fate.

[1] You make the toxic, carnivorous waters of the Dull Ocean even worse, with new and exciting kinds of bellicose ruiners of everything around them.

[4] You add a variety of tidal organisms to the jagged rock bridge between Idathoras and Nameless Continent, making it a bit more pleasant.

[1] You add horrible, scavenging organisms to The Edge, most of which spend an eternity swimming futilely against the downward pull.

-5 Power, -4 Power, -1 Power x3
+10 Power

Bless the Dwarvern bloodguard, making them a paladin of Tuwa, with earthmelder skills, increased strength, increased endurance and the ability to heal others.
[5+1] You enhance the Dwarven Bloodguard into a Dwarven Bloodguard Paladin, which unfortunately makes him a bit overzealous and disdainful of the other Bloodguards. He nonetheless wields the powers of Earth and Order, however.

-4 Power
+10 Power

Quote from: Morelli
Idle
Ferren bides his time.

+9 Power

Spoiler: Gods (click to show/hide)
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
Re: Crucible RTD [Turn 9: Several Seas]
« Reply #121 on: April 22, 2012, 11:00:55 pm »

Enhance my temple. Make it worthy of being a temple to the god of order.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: April 22, 2012, 11:04:49 pm »

Nassharath Enedrasi tries to transform the tainted sea creatures into various species of common sea life. He also attempts to create the the spear and make the Nemarath'dan less ugly and with less posture problems. Those are sure to be a problem during battle.

If there is enough power remaining: make the jagged and rocky bridge less threatening, spread more herbivore life around Idathoras, like useless fluffly bunnies, and create a dark and/or red, very resilient crystal-like material which can only be worked into anything related to battle, sending it to prosper on the failed Divine Biome.

((Edit: Uh...I guess you do not want to be a spartan human, right Tiruin?))
« Last Edit: April 22, 2012, 11:28:20 pm by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
  • Gay, Tired and Just here to Vibe
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: April 22, 2012, 11:12:21 pm »

Did I get on the god waitlist or not?
Am I back? Its a mystery to everyone

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: April 22, 2012, 11:20:52 pm »

(I forgot to add a word after 'deep' and a 'the'. It should be Trench of the Deep Night.)

Create The Harvest Fields, a great sea plain of edible kelp and other plants. Meaty fish roam the sands.

Create The Naga, a hybrid of fish and humanoids. Vicious but wise, they rule in all areas of the ocean.

Create The Underflow, a vast, world sprawling sea river.
(Think that slipstream from Finding Nemo, the section with the turtles in it. I can't remember the real name.)

Create the Sunken Temple, a large, somewhat corroded undersea building dedicated to myself. Stick it near the Naga.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Morelli

• Bay Watcher
  • Even numbers keep me sane.
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: April 22, 2012, 11:24:55 pm »

Ferren creates a race of dark-skinned humanoids.  As a culture they are inclined toward diplomacy, arts, and peace.  He also raises up a pathway from Aerie to the Nameless Continent.  During high tide the pathway is covered.  The currently unnamed new race will originate from Aerie and spread across the pathway.

((Sorry for that last turn, I was out of town for the weekend.))

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
  • Immoveable, Indestuctible
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: April 23, 2012, 12:56:13 am »

I shall create an spring on the plateau that will pool into an lake before running down the plateau trough the woods.
Commence... sealing? of the god-sucking hole with oh so many tonnes of the strongest materials i can find.
and start building an bridge towards nearest landmass from my island
And then the horror hits: This was just spring.
We are SOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fucked.
Quite fucked indeed.

JackoftheBox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: April 23, 2012, 02:00:04 am »

Create a cavern system below Ferrokai, inhabit it with life and plants

Fix the Bloodguard.
This morning I found myself looking at the numberplates of the cars on my drive in to work and seeing them as tileset characters in ASCII... a silver Renault I was behind had an interesting scene of a Human wrestling a Minotaur near a bin.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: April 23, 2012, 03:25:34 am »

Did I get on the god waitlist or not?
You did, I was just lazy. I guess I'll go officially add you now.
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
  • Gay, Tired and Just here to Vibe
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: April 23, 2012, 08:53:23 am »

cool
Am I back? Its a mystery to everyone

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
  • Immoveable, Indestuctible
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: April 23, 2012, 02:30:51 pm »

Fix the Bloodguard.
im gonna fill that cavern with metals that reflect light like mirrors later and have water pour down trough the soil in a waterfall
And then the horror hits: This was just spring.
We are SOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fucked.
Quite fucked indeed.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: April 23, 2012, 10:52:32 pm »

Turn 10: Nemara-Senpai~

Enhance my temple. Make it worthy of being a temple to the god of order.
[6+1] You create a vast natural cathedral with its entrance in the grotto. It's a magnificent place of natural beauty, though it's winding, vast, often dangerous, and all in all less a "temple" and more a "sacred series of extreme caves."

-5 Power
+11 Power

Nassharath Enedrasi tries to transform the tainted sea creatures into various species of common sea life. He also attempts to create the the spear and make the Nemarath'dan less ugly and with less posture problems. Those are sure to be a problem during battle.

If there is enough power remaining: make the jagged and rocky bridge less threatening, spread more herbivore life around Idathoras, like useless fluffly bunnies, and create a dark and/or red, very resilient crystal-like material which can only be worked into anything related to battle, sending it to prosper on the failed Divine Biome.
[4] You render them more... normal. They're still vicious and generally poisonous, but not so destructive.

[1+1] You create a black spear. It's nice.

[6] You render the Nemarath'dan incredibly beautiful and graceful, like really savage, tall bishounen anime villains.

[5] You soften, widen, and generally connect the rocky bridge, into less of a series of outcroppings and more of a series of tidal rocks and even the occasional tree.

[1] You create nasty carnivorous rabbitlike creatures in Idathoras' jungle.

[2+1] You create patches of dark red crystal in the badlands of Idathoras. They're a bit tough, but not excessively useful.

-1 Power, -5 Power, -3 Power, -2 Power, -1 Power, -3 Power
+11 Power

Create The Harvest Fields, a great sea plain of edible kelp and other plants. Meaty fish roam the sands.

Create The Naga, a hybrid of fish and humanoids. Vicious but wise, they rule in all areas of the ocean.

Create The Underflow, a vast, world sprawling sea river. [/b](Think that slipstream from Finding Nemo, the section with the turtles in it. I can't remember the real name.)

Create the Sunken Temple, a large, somewhat corroded undersea building dedicated to myself. Stick it near the Naga.
[5] You create vast fields of nutritious kelp and delicious fish. It's a true feast of the seas.

[3+1] You create fish-humanoid hybrids, vicious and wise, coveting knowledge of all their domain- which they consider all the seas.

[4] You create The Underflow, a vast underwater river flowing through the entire world.

[6+1] You create a vast, jutting temple of corroded bronze, spires sticking off at angles like a spiky crown, some of them reaching clear out of the water and into the sky beyond. It's more a city than a temple. The Underflow wraps around and runs through it, making it a volatile place.

-3 Power, -3 Power, -3 Power, -5 Power
+13 Power

Ferren creates a race of dark-skinned humanoids.  As a culture they are inclined toward diplomacy, arts, and peace.  He also raises up a pathway from Aerie to the Nameless Continent.  During high tide the pathway is covered.  The currently unnamed new race will originate from Aerie and spread across the pathway.
[6+1] You create a joyous, celebratory people who cannot conceive of harming anything else, even to survive. They thus spend most of their time celebrating and creating art and foraging for things they can eat and use without hurting anything else.

[1] You create a deep, stormy, shark-filled trench between Aerie and Nameless Continent.

-3 Power, -2 Power
+10 Power

I shall create an spring on the plateau that will pool into an lake before running down the plateau trough the woods.
Commence... sealing? of the god-sucking hole with oh so many tonnes of the strongest materials i can find.
and start building an bridge towards nearest landmass from my island
[4] You create a spring on the plateau, feeding into a lake that then courses down into the forest.

[5] You properly plug the pit, stopping that annoying sucking motion and making life easier for everything living in it.

[2] You create some rocks off Ferrokai's shore.

-2 Power, -3 Power, -2 Power
+10 Power

Fix the Bloodguard.
[1] You create a gaping, lifeless maw, weakening Ferrokai's structure.

[1+1] You make the Bloodguard look slightly different than normal humanoids of their type.

-3 Power, -5 Power
+9 Power

Spoiler: Gods (click to show/hide)

So, I've thought of an even better idea than Daemons. Hope you're ready for some earlier-than-planned mortal meddling.

Morelli

• Bay Watcher
  • Even numbers keep me sane.
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: April 23, 2012, 10:55:38 pm »

Hmmm... That works.

Ferren improves his temple, making it so anyone who enters it is inspired to create various art, from painting to architecture.  He also creates life to thrive within the waters around Aerie and spreads plants for the dark-skinned Llen to eat.  These plants will provide sustenance and variety to live off of.

"The challenge, of course, will come with reaching it."

((Well, I was planning to ask if the Llen could join the guard.... However I'm not sure if that would even work now that they are totally peaceful.))
« Last Edit: April 23, 2012, 10:59:55 pm by Morelli »

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: April 23, 2012, 11:06:29 pm »

Turn 10: Nemara-Senpai~
[6] You render the Nemarath'dan incredibly beautiful and graceful, like really savage, tall bishounen anime villains.
((ಠ_ಠ))

Nassharath Enedrasi resists the urge to facepalm his energy-composed face and proceeds to:
1)
build an enormous (holy) black horseslayer-type spear, its surface marked with deep red lines and capable of acting much like a drill when its true power is activated (it being destroying any kind of defense if the wielder of the lance is worthy), and send it to the middle of Idathoras jungles, making it unmovable unless the God of War allows someone to take it.
Fix the black spear and hope it works.

2) Enhance the metal-like crystal.

3) Save the rest of his energy.

((As far as tribes go, I have spartans and warrior bishounen...Yeah, I may need to look at that later.))
« Last Edit: April 24, 2012, 07:34:09 am by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
Re: Crucible RTD [Turn 10: Nemara-Senpai~][Room for Mythic Tribes!]
« Reply #134 on: April 23, 2012, 11:12:45 pm »

Fill the mountainous region with wildlife befitting it. Create mithril, a magic, nigh-unbreakable metal holy to the dwarves. It absorbs the energy that hits it and alows the wielder/wearer to fire it as a kinetic blast or to empower their own movements. Cancel mithril if it would kill me.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2012, 12:20:16 am by Spinal_Taper »
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 25