Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 25

Author Topic: Crucible RTD [Turn 23: Holy Fuck(ups)]  (Read 34722 times)

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
Re: Crucible RTD [Turn 7: Giant Birds Everywhere]
« Reply #105 on: April 20, 2012, 08:53:19 pm »

Apotheosi Looks down upon her creation with glee. It was almost complete. But there needed to be a prize... and a guardian.

Nodding to itself, it plucked a grain of sand from it's obsidian hourglass, and changed it.

Divine creature: Fragment of Apotheosi. An epic creature standing at the center of the Eternal Labyrinth, it shall test the fearless heroes who enter it's domain one last time. (Maybe with opposing versions of the challengers.) If it finds them truly worthy, then it shall expend it's power to create a unique artifact, or draw esoteric lore from the fabric of space and time. If it does not, it shall render them helpless and crippled and cast them out of the maze, then and wait anew. Once it has given an artifact, it shall vanish to regain power, only to reappear within the maze a decade later.

Pool of Restoration: A fountain right outside the FoI's chamber. It's waters can heal fatigue and wounds.

"And my work here is done..."

(Think I'll do a bit of non magical stuff after this.)
« Last Edit: April 20, 2012, 09:00:08 pm by dermonster »
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Morelli

• Bay Watcher
  • Even numbers keep me sane.
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: April 21, 2012, 02:12:53 am »

Looking up from his work, Ferren sees the empty sky.  It is dark, which displeases him.

Ferren creates constellations in the night sky.  They represent different aspects of this new world;  The dangers of Idathoras, the Pillars of Aerie, the monsters in the oceans, Apotheosi's maze, and representations of each of the six gods.

"There we go.  An inspiration to the sentient races of this world."

((If this action "kills" me, at least I left my mark on the world.))

JackoftheBox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: April 21, 2012, 02:26:39 am »

Mavet travels around the created continents and 'secretly' steals seven members of the mortal, sentinent races of the other gods. Then he brings them to the gate and gives them the 'Gift of Immortality'.

Curse of the Bloodguard:

Bloodguards are mortals whom Mavet has given eternal life, their only duty is to protect The Gate to the Underworld from mortal harm. The more closer they are to this gate, the more powerful they are, and the farther, the weaker they are to the point of dying when travelling too far.

These Guards won't die to diseases or old age, but can be killed by other means. If a Bloodguard dies, one of the Spirit Guides will bring his/her soul back from the Underworld and resurrect the guard. The only way to end this curse is for one of the guards to willingly give it to a willing subject, who will then become the new guard.

Also rename the Nameless Abyss inhabitet by the bigger fish as The Maw.

((Let's see how much this backfires. And for the other players feel free to name those oceans.))
This morning I found myself looking at the numberplates of the cars on my drive in to work and seeing them as tileset characters in ASCII... a silver Renault I was behind had an interesting scene of a Human wrestling a Minotaur near a bin.

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
  • Immoveable, Indestuctible
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: April 21, 2012, 07:22:35 am »

T´was said that in times past jagged mountain sometimes exploded in showers of fire and light and... cackling?

"Lets see whats on the list, ah, make sure drakes obey worthy ones, and make them bigger, better do that now
Heres a good one, create Forges that burn with the fires that metal always obey to push said ones to worship metal,
and I better raise a region of land out of the abyss, maybe ill have better luck with that instead of this blasted forest..."
And then the horror hits: This was just spring.
We are SOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fucked.
Quite fucked indeed.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: April 21, 2012, 05:12:33 pm »

Turn 8: Like A Truck

Carve a temple to my glory out of the silver of the earth. Give it it's own massive cavern, and make it so any who pray it who believe in Order and me are filled with my power. Their strength will be superhuman, their skin will harden, and they will be able to twist the Earth itself. They shall be able to heal their friends, and buff them as well.
[1+1] You create an underground grotto. It's kind of nice-looking.

-5 Power
+9 Power

Nassharath Enedrasi spreads savage, predatory animals (if I roll very well, throw honey badgers in) all over the globe and then proceeds to enhance the humans.

He decides to call the humans "Humans", because he does not like to Call A Rabbit A Smeerp.
[4+1] You spread large, fierce, graceful tigers to the jungles of Idathoras.

[3+1] You spread fierce, mean-spirited hyenas to the badlands of Idathoras.

[6+1] You spread honey badgers the size of a truck to the Nameless Continent. Good luck, Nameless Continent!

[4+1] You spread giant, savage apes to the forests around Jagged Mountain. They look somewhat like red-furred gorillas standing five feet tall when on all fours.

[1+1] You spread rather large sloths to Aerie. They have curved, wicked claws and teeth capable of crushing bone. A pity they're peaceful and use these impressive accoutrements only on the Ironwood trees they inhabit.

[1+1] You enhance the humans a bit, but it only makes them more prone to stories.

-1 Power x5, -3 Power
+10 Power

Apotheosi Looks down upon her creation with glee. It was almost complete. But there needed to be a prize... and a guardian.

Nodding to itself, it plucked a grain of sand from it's obsidian hourglass, and changed it.

Divine creature: Fragment of Apotheosi. An epic creature standing at the center of the Eternal Labyrinth, it shall test the fearless heroes who enter it's domain one last time. (Maybe with opposing versions of the challengers.) If it finds them truly worthy, then it shall expend it's power to create a unique artifact, or draw esoteric lore from the fabric of space and time. If it does not, it shall render them helpless and crippled and cast them out of the maze, then and wait anew. Once it has given an artifact, it shall vanish to regain power, only to reappear within the maze a decade later.

Pool of Restoration: A fountain right outside the FoI's chamber. It's waters can heal fatigue and wounds.

"And my work here is done..."
[4+1] The Fragment of Apotheosi is a somewhat narrow, diamond-shaped shard of some shiny, obsidian-black substance, with a purple round eye in the center. It judges those who make it one last time, granting the worthy an artifact or knowledge of great power. The unworthy are broken and cast aside.

[3] You create a refreshing fountain outside the final chamber. It's not quite as miraculous as intended, but still a welcome relief. Its waters are limited, and replenish slowly.

-5 Power, -3 Power
+11 Power

Looking up from his work, Ferren sees the empty sky.  It is dark, which displeases him.

Ferren creates constellations in the night sky.  They represent different aspects of this new world;  The dangers of Idathoras, the Pillars of Aerie, the monsters in the oceans, Apotheosi's maze, and representations of each of the six gods.

"There we go.  An inspiration to the sentient races of this world."

((If this action "kills" me, at least I left my mark on the world.))
[6+1] You create The Battle, a massive, ever-shifting constellation representing the dangers and constant struggle and grace of Idathoras. Mortals are likely to be awestruck by it, but perhaps more inspired to battle than art as a result.

[4+1] You create a fantastic representation of the Pillars of Aerie, even showing pillars that aren't yet there, due to... well, you're sure those gods will add theirs eventually.

[3] You feel a bit ill from expending too much power, and decide to stop there.

-8 Power, -8 Power
+9 Power

Mavet travels around the created continents and 'secretly' steals seven members of the mortal, sentinent races of the other gods. Then he brings them to the gate and gives them the 'Gift of Immortality'.

Curse of the Bloodguard:

Bloodguards are mortals whom Mavet has given eternal life, their only duty is to protect The Gate to the Underworld from mortal harm. The more closer they are to this gate, the more powerful they are, and the farther, the weaker they are to the point of dying when travelling too far.

These Guards won't die to diseases or old age, but can be killed by other means. If a Bloodguard dies, one of the Spirit Guides will bring his/her soul back from the Underworld and resurrect the guard. The only way to end this curse is for one of the guards to willingly give it to a willing subject, who will then become the new guard.

Also rename the Nameless Abyss inhabitet by the bigger fish as The Maw.
[1+1] You gift seven mortals with longer life. They sort of mill around the Underworld Gate, wondering what they should do now.

-5 Power
+8 Power

T´was said that in times past jagged mountain sometimes exploded in showers of fire and light and... cackling?

"Lets see whats on the list, ah, make sure drakes obey worthy ones, and make them bigger, better do that now
Heres a good one, create Forges that burn with the fires that metal always obey to push said ones to worship metal,
and I better raise a region of land out of the abyss, maybe ill have better luck with that instead of this blasted forest..."

[3+1] You increase the size of your drakes and make them mindful of the commands of those deemed worthy.

[4+1] You create magnificent forges around your Temple, capable of bending metals to the crafter's whims like a master of seduction requesting small favors. You're fairly certain it would be difficult to any reasonable mortal to use one without coming to see the beauty and magnificence of metal.

[1] You attempt to raise a patch of land out of the abyss. You instead manage to create an even deeper abyss that seems to slowly pull things from the surface down to its depths.

-4 Power, -3 Power, -3 Power
+9 Power

Spoiler: Gods (click to show/hide)
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
Re: Crucible RTD [Turn 8: Like A Truck]
« Reply #110 on: April 21, 2012, 05:21:19 pm »

Apotheosi bid farewell to the fragment, and set out to the oceans.

Rise, creatures and beings of the sea!

Create the Glimmering Field, a flat seabed filled with coral, and various colorful fish and plantlife.

Create the Trench of Deep,  three miles of crater where the pressure is immense and sunlight null. Fill it with strange creatures, ones that would look to be ancient beyond reckoning.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: April 21, 2012, 05:21:33 pm »

((Honey badgers the size of a housecat are deadly. Honey badgers the size of a truck are what?))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: April 21, 2012, 05:47:35 pm »

((Honey badgers the size of a housecat are deadly. Honey badgers the size of a truck are what?))
((what killed the scary shit that used to live in europe before man arrived to kill the last))

"Well, that sure as hell was not in my plans. AND WHY ARE THERE GORRILAS??... I shall show them... DRAKES!!! BURN THE MONKEYS WHILE I REPLACE THEM WITH METAL FURRED WOLVES MUHUHUHUHAHAHA AND GIANT ELK WITH LETHAL HORNS 3 METRES TALL AT THEIR SHOULDERS, WELCOME TO DARWIN 101 HAHAHAHA"

*Ahem* better freshen up the forest and raise a new patch of land and make it.. a plateau?, sure why the hell not"

"And i need trees that suck the bad out of the ground where they grow, Hydrasia i shall call them, and this land is now Ferrokai"
« Last Edit: April 21, 2012, 06:18:52 pm by Ahra »
Quite fucked indeed.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: April 21, 2012, 06:01:14 pm »

BURN THE MONKEYS WHILE I REPLACE THEM WITH METAL FURRED WOLVES MUHUHUHUHAHAHA"
((Please do not kill the apes. They are not attacking nor destroying your creations, there is no need to mess up with mine.))

Nassharath Enedrasi spreads sea life around the ocean which is around the continent of Idathora, tries once more to enhance the stubborn humans and decides to create a bridge of land to connect the Nameless Continent and Idathora so that some specimens of one of his most beloved creations, the truck-sized honey badger, may walk towards the jungles of his continent and make it even deadlier. If there is still power remaining, just build an enormous (holy) black horseslayer-type spear, its surface marked with deep red lines and capable of acting much like a drill when its true power is activated (it being destroying any kind of defense if the wielder of the lance is worthy), and send it to the middle of Idathoras jungles, making it unmovable unless the God of War allows someone to take it.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2012, 07:34:58 pm by Caellath »
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

JackoftheBox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: April 21, 2012, 06:14:11 pm »

"You seven, guard this gate and I will reward you... later, for I have things to do."

In order to maintain balance in the world, there can't be too many dead spirits, as there can't be too many living. This problem would have to be solved sooner or later, and on this case Mavet preferred sooner.

Create the Book of the Damned, a book where reads which soul is damned to the Underworld, and which is sent back for a newborn body. Appoint one of the Spirit Guides as Judge, who decides the fate of these souls and then scribes it to the book. Bless this Judge with a better sense judgement. With remaining powers (if left), create normal life in places that still lack it, if none lacks just add randomly.

((Hell yeah, recycling! Let resurrection be harder!))
This morning I found myself looking at the numberplates of the cars on my drive in to work and seeing them as tileset characters in ASCII... a silver Renault I was behind had an interesting scene of a Human wrestling a Minotaur near a bin.

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: April 21, 2012, 06:17:03 pm »

Urgh fine but the wolves and gorillas shall fight eachother
Quite fucked indeed.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: April 21, 2012, 07:26:51 pm »

Bless the Dwarvern bloodguard, making them a paladin of Tuwa, with earthmelder skills, increased strength, increased endurance and the ability to heal others.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: April 21, 2012, 08:05:44 pm »

[6+1] You spread honey badgers the size of a truck to the Nameless Continent. Good luck, Nameless Continent!
((Woe be to the tribe that survives at-...wait. This means in general.

Eeeeeeeeeep.))

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: April 21, 2012, 08:14:13 pm »

((I am trying to bring some of those to Idathoras so my warriors may ride them into battle. I really hope their skin resistance scales with size. If it does, then they are as resilient as a tank.))
>Yes?

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
  • Gay, Tired and Just here to Vibe
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: April 21, 2012, 10:22:21 pm »

Deity name: Nikalas
Spheres: Fear, bravery, monsters.
Deity descrepetion: Nikalas is the God of Fear, The Shadow in the Light, The Flame of Clax'lyeth. He spreads fear and terror to all but those who are able to push past that fear he gives massive gifts of power. He also like monsters, monsters are cool. He usually appears as a tall man in a red fedora and trench coat with no face. He has elegonated limbs and a wicked sense of humor.

Waitlist go go go!
Am I back? Its a mystery to everyone
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 25