Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 25

Author Topic: Crucible RTD [Turn 23: Holy Fuck(ups)]  (Read 34673 times)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Crucible RTD [Turn 6: Overwhelming Overkill]
« Reply #90 on: April 19, 2012, 07:34:28 am »

(Hehe, so I just remembered that this is gonna be used for something other than god shenanigans. Hows the overall new world turning out for you?)
((Yeah, it is a good question. Idathoras will soon be the deadliest place on the world.))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
  • Immoveable, Indestuctible
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: April 19, 2012, 07:46:33 am »

" Well well, that failed, where is my true sanguinum (Bloody mail service, they better replace it or else...#Fix it to be stronger#)?, and lets see if we can do something about your size custodem Hmm?"
« Last Edit: April 19, 2012, 07:56:12 am by Ahra »
And then the horror hits: This was just spring.
We are SOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fucked.
Quite fucked indeed.

JackoftheBox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: April 19, 2012, 10:02:57 am »

Mavet inspects the gate, and yet again is disappointed by the results. Fixing the gate just seems impossible. This makes Mavet think about how to solve this problem, there has to be another way to ensure the safekeeping of these spirits. As a result of his pondering Mavet creates the Spirit Guides.

Create a race know as the Spirit Guides. They are visible only for spirits, and their purpose is to guide the dead spirits to the gate, and make sure that no uninvited guests travel to the Underworld. They look like medium sized, mummified humanoids, wearing a drama mask to cover their face.
This morning I found myself looking at the numberplates of the cars on my drive in to work and seeing them as tileset characters in ASCII... a silver Renault I was behind had an interesting scene of a Human wrestling a Minotaur near a bin.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: April 19, 2012, 10:08:42 am »

Mavet inspects the gate, and yet again is disappointed by the results. Fixing the gate just seems impossible. This makes Mavet think about how to solve this problem, there has to be another way to ensure the safekeeping of these spirits. As a result of his pondering Mavet creates the Spirit Guides.

Create a race know as the Spirit Guides. They are visible only for spirits, and their purpose is to guide the dead spirits to the gate, and make sure that no uninvited guests travel to the Underworld. They look like medium sized, mummified humanoids, wearing a drama mask to cover their face.
You should create a mortal race to help maintain The Balance and guard the Gate from other mortal races. Oh yes.

JackoftheBox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: April 19, 2012, 10:12:57 am »

You should create a mortal race to help maintain The Balance and guard the Gate from other mortal races. Oh yes.
A great idea. Shall be done at some point, let's just see how much this one fails before making some more flawed creatures.
This morning I found myself looking at the numberplates of the cars on my drive in to work and seeing them as tileset characters in ASCII... a silver Renault I was behind had an interesting scene of a Human wrestling a Minotaur near a bin.

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: April 19, 2012, 11:21:01 am »

A great idea. Shall be done at some point, let's just see how much this one fails before making some more flawed creatures.
you want a few (actual) custodem?  :P
Quite fucked indeed.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: April 19, 2012, 02:42:18 pm »

((Possibility of waitlisters being demons?  :P No, wait. Disregard me being one, asking for posterity's sake.))
((Given their limited nature and the fact that they probably won't be active during the Tribe phase, this seems fine.))

((Only +7?))
((The spiders were created by you, but they don't really suit your spheres or theme. I guess I could allow arbitrary associations, ie giant spiders sacred to Apotheosi because they're sacred to Apotheosi, not because they embody magic or knowledge particularly well.

What's everyone else think?))

(Hehe, so I just remembered that this is gonna be used for something other than god shenanigans. Hows the overall new world turning out for you?)
((Yeah, it is a good question. Idathoras will soon be the deadliest place on the world.))
((Quite interestingly, actually. We've got a barren sacred mountain of fire, a mythical island, a rather interesting and, as you say, dangerous continent, and a continent of rough terrain with a lot of mythical stuff around the center. Plus a visible alternate dimension.

The only issue at present, which I don't think is something I want to fix just yet, is that most gods have been making fancy divine stuff rather than the basics; the world's got as many ocean biomes from one god as it does non-divine land biomes from all the rest put together, for instance. Again, this isn't really an issue at the moment, but presumably before the Tribe phase starts we'll want a bit more mundane padding.))
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: April 19, 2012, 02:56:12 pm »

((We need some divine power-generating material to accumulate power so we can take risks and roll badly on the mundane padding without being severely crippled by it.))
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: April 19, 2012, 03:11:47 pm »

well... sorry, but i havent done my version of the forges of Ulm yet (Or beefed up the drakes, im making the Jagged an fort for any tribe that shows enough balls to take it, only need something in the temple that tells the drakes not to burn the "sentients")

after that the big forests will spread trough mountain valleys
Quite fucked indeed.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: April 19, 2012, 03:18:58 pm »

Yeah, it's not especially surprising that everyone's doing divine stuff, nor is it a problem, it's just not something I'll want going on clear until the Tribe phase starts. Don't worry, if I feel people aren't making enough bunnies or whatever I'll just find a way to encourage players to make useless bunnies instead of glowing totems that greatly increase their power. The random tables may even aid with that. :3
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Morelli

• Bay Watcher
  • Even numbers keep me sane.
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: April 19, 2012, 04:35:39 pm »

Ferren seeds the world with various species of normal avian life.

((Would trying to create a starry night sky completely destroy me?))

« Last Edit: April 20, 2012, 02:04:05 am by Morelli »

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: April 19, 2012, 08:31:04 pm »

Tuwa gives the Dwarves the gift of metal, and the genius of how to forge it.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: April 20, 2012, 08:37:51 pm »

Turn 7: Giant Birds Everywhere

Nassharath Enedrasi creates a pillar similar to the one already made by him, but with the addition of the armor present in the original plan, and sends it to stand in the center of the failed Divine Biome. He then creates another humanoid race near Idathoras' border with the failed Divine Biome; they shall not be ugly, they shall be warmongering but still civilized when needed, they shall still adore Nassharath Enedrasi and they must also be bound to quickly develop technology.

He decides to call the warring orc-like humanoids "Nematursharath'dan", or "Nemarath'dan" for a shorter name.
[6+1] You create a massive pillar in the center of the divine portion of Idathoras, armor for the upper body adorning its top, blood slowly flowing down its sides, and chains wrapping around the armor and spiraling down, like some crucified soldier. Needless to say, it's rather impressive, and anything seeing it is likely to be inspired to battle.

[2+1] You create a human tribe in the jungle near the scrublands. They're a bit mean-spirited, but not particularly warlike otherwise. They're also not especially strong or bright.

-3 Power, -3 Power
+8 Power

Apotheosi Hourglass palms. Oh well, she had power to spare, and he wasn't leaving anything unfinished.

After some thought, it decided the failure could remain and started from scratch.

Dividing her concentration, it started working on a specific brand of tree.

Put a minor generating trinket or such in the center of the hedge maze. Like one that stops you from stubbing your toe, or shoots off a burst of colorful smoke when commanded.

Try again on the big one.

Form the Sapient Manawood tree, rarely found in areas flooded beyond imagination with ambient magic (Far more than naturally occurring) The tree holds massive power in whatever shape it is made into. Spread the seeds everywhere.
[3+1] You alter your minor phantasm maze to generate worthless magical trinkets for those who figure it out.

[4+1] You create The Eternal Labyrinth, a nearly impossible maze that tailors itself to any who enter, and which vanishes upon being solved, only to reappear ten years later. You don't quite get around to creating the generating prize at the center, but the maze itself is a deathtrap of true beauty.

[2+1] Sapient mana trees are evidently a bit on the small side, and don't so much hold incredible power as some power. Still, you scatter the seeds for them all over, confident that if any heavily magic places ever come about, and any seeds are left, they'll sprout up, drinking up some mana and becoming slightly better as wood for it.

-5 Power, -5 Power, -3 Power
+10 Power

" Well well, that failed, where is my true sanguinum (Bloody mail service, they better replace it or else...#Fix it to be stronger#)?, and lets see if we can do something about your size custodem Hmm?"
[1+1] You make the failed sanguinum a bit stronger, but still nothing more than glowy warm stones.

[2+1] You manage to make Custodem Ferros the size of perhaps an ogre or troll- decidedly inhuman, but still not quite a giant.

-5 Power, -5 Power
+8 Power

[5+1] You create the Spirit Guides, tall, severe mummified humanoids wearing drama masks. They're extremely zealous about hunting down and "processing" any spirits that should be in the Underworld or living that shouldn't be, and they've generally got the strength to back this up, though they find themselves unable to affect anything nonspiritual in the world of the living.

-4 Power
+7 Power

Ferren seeds the world with various species of normal avian life.
[1] You create what look vaguely like featherless newborn chickens with claws and harsher beaks on Aerie. They can't fly, but they can jump well enough to eat things that can, and tend to be opportunistic, vicious predators.

[6] You create a massive type of rather carnivorous bird on Idathoras. Usually black and white, they gorge themselves on anything smaller than they are, which is to say anything smaller than a small dog.

[6] You create rather fat tukeylike omnivores on Nameless Continent. They're theoretically capable of flight, but it's something of a losing battle with most of them.

[6] You create steel-grey hawks the sizes of dogs on Jagged Mountain and its surroundings. They're also vicious and murderous in general when riled, which you suppose makes sense for something living near dragons.

-4 Power
+7 Power

Tuwa gives the Dwarves the gift of metal, and the genius of how to forge it.
[6+1] You create a rather excessive amount of twisting ore near the dwarves; in fact, the soil is now rather rough because of it. Your dwarves certainly aren't going to lack for it, but they might lack for fertile soil and other concerns.

[3] You teach your dwarves how to work metal, albeit crudely. They're no masters at it, but they understand the stuff and can pull it together when absolutely necessary.

-2 Power, -3 Power
+9 Power

Spoiler: Gods (click to show/hide)

((Would trying to create a starry night sky completely destroy me?))
Good question. I think it depends in part on what exactly you wanted the starry night sky to do or be, though creating a series of constellations or other discrete but linked parts would probably be the best way to do it, similar to making the ocean one biome at a time.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
Re: Crucible RTD [Turn 7: Giant Birds Everywhere]
« Reply #103 on: April 20, 2012, 08:41:31 pm »

Carve a temple to my glory out of the silver of the earth. Give it it's own massive cavern, and make it so any who pray it who believe in Order and me are filled with my power. Their strength will be superhuman, their skin will harden, and they will be able to twist the Earth itself. They shall be able to heal their friends, and buff them as well.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2012, 09:05:55 pm by Spinal_Taper »

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Crucible RTD [Turn 7: Giant Birds Everywhere]
« Reply #104 on: April 20, 2012, 08:47:34 pm »

Nassharath Enedrasi spreads savage, predatory animals (if I roll very well, throw honey badgers in) all over the globe and then proceeds to enhance the humans.

He decides to call the humans "Humans", because he does not like to Call A Rabbit A Smeerp.
>Yes?
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 25