Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 25

Author Topic: Crucible RTD [Turn 23: Holy Fuck(ups)]  (Read 34702 times)

JackoftheBox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Crucible RTD [Turn 4: Feast and Famine]
« Reply #75 on: April 18, 2012, 08:18:44 am »

This will not do, the gate must be better... in time it will. The spirits will still need a place where to reside.

Expand the Underworld and make it a place for the dead, a place from where the dead spirits will be bound so they can't escape (Divine Biome)
This morning I found myself looking at the numberplates of the cars on my drive in to work and seeing them as tileset characters in ASCII... a silver Renault I was behind had an interesting scene of a Human wrestling a Minotaur near a bin.

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
  • Immoveable, Indestuctible
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: April 18, 2012, 08:21:39 am »

"This world have shown itself worthy of one of the true steels to be called down from the beyond..."
Supernatural mineral: Sanguine ferrum: An wonderous metal to behold, crimson as if the flames of their forge still linger inside the steel if the smith knows how to appease the lord of Steel, otherwise it is still an mighty metal, as heavy as steel, 3 times stronger.

For some reason it only excist in the Jagged mountain where it lay guarded by the great Custodiam Ferros (Divine creature, and guard of the mountain, forged Sanguine ferrum and a heart of flame, black cloak,all covering helmet and an two handed sword, he stands 5,55 metres tall,) who judges men who come for the steel that seems to bleed out into the temple on the Mountains top, and should he fail in combat, the man of woman who beat hims family and friends may stay on the mountain away from harm, for they have been proved worthy.(this extends to the pseudo dragons as well)

as long as they dont chip my temple, then they are ashes
13pts used

Custodiam follows the 3 laws of robotics for worthy ones, only that he can ignore law no1 if the situation is dangerous enough,
« Last Edit: April 18, 2012, 12:22:33 pm by Ahra »
And then the horror hits: This was just spring.
We are SOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fucked.
Quite fucked indeed.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: April 18, 2012, 09:02:04 am »

Trap the Ink thing into a chamber before the treasure room, try again.

Morelli

• Bay Watcher
  • Even numbers keep me sane.
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: April 18, 2012, 11:13:09 am »

In a sudden fit of anger, unusual for Ferren, he makes a move to destroy this new creature that he created.  However, he realizes that they have their own right to live. 

Ferren reconsiders his attempt on the Weavers.  Instead of attempting to create an entire race, he simply creates a group of divine creatures to weave The Great Tapestry.  They shall have the same aspects as Ferren's original plans for the Weavers, however only three of them shall exist with near-immortal life spans.

"It appears as though sentient life is just one of those more difficult aspects of creating a new world."   

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: April 18, 2012, 08:15:30 pm »

Turn 5: Magic Rises, War Falls

Nassharath Enedrasi uses his powers to enhance the "humans" up to the point he had desired. Warmongering and primitive, but bound to develop and loyal to him.
[1+1] You manage to make them somewhat bulkier, but otherwise they remain as they are.

-3 Power
+5 Power

Apotheosi delighted in his new realm, poking about a bit. "Haha! Much better, much better! But... empty, I think.
With a grin, she sets about his latest work.

Divine Life, The Fey. Shape changers and innate mages of the highest magnitude, their thought process is alien and unrecognizable to mortal creatures, alternating between childlike and chillingly serious at a whim. Living for vast amounts of time, they inhabit the Old Realm, a place that they can comprehend much better than other races.
[4+1] You create The Fey, inscrutable life forms capable of graceful, effortless shapechanging and nearly equal spellcasting, inscrutable and more than at home in the shifting lands of The Old Realm.

-4 Power
+8 Power

This will not do, the gate must be better... in time it will. The spirits will still need a place where to reside.

Expand the Underworld and make it a place for the dead, a place from where the dead spirits will be bound so they can't escape (Divine Biome)
((Do you want this to replace the current Underworld Region, or be directly beneath it, or what?))

[3+1] The Underworld swells, transforming into a somber but not unpleasant place where the dead are bound.

-8 Power
+6 Power

"This world have shown itself worthy of one of the true steels to be called down from the beyond..."
Supernatural mineral: Sanguine ferrum: An wonderous metal to behold, crimson as if the flames of their forge still linger inside the steel if the smith knows how to appease the lord of Steel, otherwise it is still an mighty metal, as heavy as steel, 3 times stronger.

For some reason it only excist in the Jagged mountain where it lay guarded by the great Custodiam Ferros (Divine creature, and guard of the mountain, forged Sanguine ferrum and a heart of flame, black cloak,all covering helmet and an two handed sword, he stands 5,55 metres tall,) who judges men who come for the steel that seems to bleed out into the temple on the Mountains top, and should he fail in combat, the man of woman who beat hims family and friends may stay on the mountain away from harm, for they have been proved worthy.(this extends to the pseudo dragons as well)

as long as they dont chip my temple, then they are ashes
13pts used

Custodiam follows the 3 laws of robotics for worthy ones, only that he can ignore law no1 if the situation is dangerous enough,
((I'm not sure where you're spending 13 points; I only count 5 for the supernatural mineral and 5 for the divine creature.))

[1+1] You create vast quantities of an ore that glows red as though hot, but aside from being warm has no particular use.

[2+1] You create the Custodian Ferros, but he's only as large as a very large man in armor, and may be fooled by the crafty yet unworthy.

-5 Power, -5 Power
+7 Power

Trap the Ink thing into a chamber before the treasure room, try again.
[6-1] The creature is too crafty for you- it slips free and scurries beyond your reach. Which is why it's never going to bother to leave the chamber its currently inhabiting, conveniently located just where you wanted it. Not that it knew that, else it may have seen through your ruse.

[5] You create Ruwir Herlasko, the Bane of Havoc. Standing taller than many trees, wider than some streams, and more powerful than most storms, it is a loyal guardian against chaos and those who would defy the God of Order.

-5 Power
+7 Power

In a sudden fit of anger, unusual for Ferren, he makes a move to destroy this new creature that he created.  However, he realizes that they have their own right to live. 

Ferren reconsiders his attempt on the Weavers.  Instead of attempting to create an entire race, he simply creates a group of divine creatures to weave The Great Tapestry.  They shall have the same aspects as Ferren's original plans for the Weavers, however only three of them shall exist with near-immortal life spans.

"It appears as though sentient life is just one of those more difficult aspects of creating a new world."   
((I'm counting the trio as one divine creature, since they've got a relatively unified purpose and no spectacular powers))

[5+1] You create a trio of immortal winged humanoids, insatiably curious and without regard for the rights, feelings, or opinions of others save as yet more fascinating material to be recorded. They look fundamentally human, save for their great black crow-wings and solid jet-black eyes, constantly peering deeper for more delicious stories.

-5 Power
+6 Power

Spoiler: Gods (click to show/hide)

I feel like we could use some audience participation.

Anyone may now join as a Daemon, meaning a divine entity or spirit of some kind. This might mean a forest spirit, demon, minor god, demigod, or even some manner of shaman or other magical entity. Daemons have limited power and can usually only change things, not create or destroy them on the scales needed to really be relevant. Unlike gods, daemons are much more likely to succeed if they explain how they're attempting a given action.

Furthermore, only three daemons may act per turn (this limit may be expanded or ignored some turns). This means anyone who signs up to be a daemon will go on the daemon list, which we will then work our way down to determine who gets to act. Daemons may delay or rush their turns if they post quickly, but they cannot hoard or get extra turns (barring the game moving on without them through no fault of their own).
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
Re: Crucible RTD [Turn 5: Magic Rises, War Falls]
« Reply #80 on: April 18, 2012, 08:18:53 pm »

The ink creature shall now be known as "Tuwa's fool." I form out of the very stone, the dwarves. They are strong and hardy, with my blessing. They live around my mountains, and are the racial guardians of Mount Onett.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2012, 08:24:19 pm by Spinal_Taper »

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: April 18, 2012, 08:23:34 pm »

Nassharath Enedrasi shall once again try to enhance the "humans" up to the point he had desired. He will also work on his pillar into something more akin to his previous designs.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: April 18, 2012, 08:32:25 pm »

Immensly pleased with his progress, Apotheosi turned his attention back to her siblings realm.
"So much to do, so little time..."

Change my spiders to become more arachnid in appearance, and somewhat easy to tame by sapient beings.

Form The Eternal Labyrinth upon the surface, a dungeon of sorts. Long, and difficult, it shall change itself to provide a not quite impossible challenge tailored to the group or individual who enters it. Filled with various beasts and deadly traps, at the end there shall lay a book of hitherto unknown or lost knowledge, or an artifact of some unnatural power. Once the artifact has been retrieved, the dungeon shall disappear in a days time, only to reform elsewhere ten years later, with a new artifact to retrieve, or knowledge to discover.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Morelli

• Bay Watcher
  • Even numbers keep me sane.
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: April 19, 2012, 01:28:17 am »

"Perfect."  Content with his new creatures, Ferren turns first to his pillar and then to the temple on Aerie.

Ferren creates a shield, made of a solid white material that is impervious to damage with gold trim and with a wing design across the front.  This shield is the Aegis of Ferren, and protects its user from harm.  He then melds it with his pillar, locking it away until a creature with the need and a true desire for peace arrives.  Ferren proceeds to send down a likeness of himself to the temple on Aerie, carved out of a pure white material that has a faint gold glow.  It shall serve as artistic inspiration to all who set eyes on it.

"The construction of this world is so disjointed; there is no unity amongst the Gods.  How unfortunate."

JackoftheBox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: April 19, 2012, 02:11:50 am »

Now it is time to fix the gate and do something else.

Try to make the gate to the Underworld more powerful, and use my remaining powers to transform rest of the unused ocean as a real deep sea, fit for living.

((Do you want this to replace the current Underworld Region, or be directly beneath it, or what?))
((Yes I wanted it to replace the current one))
This morning I found myself looking at the numberplates of the cars on my drive in to work and seeing them as tileset characters in ASCII... a silver Renault I was behind had an interesting scene of a Human wrestling a Minotaur near a bin.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: April 19, 2012, 05:06:53 am »

Turn 6: Overwhelming Overkill

The ink creature shall now be known as "Tuwa's fool." I form out of the very stone, the dwarves. They are strong and hardy, with my blessing. They live around my mountains, and are the racial guardians of Mount Onett.
[5+1] You create grim, stone-colored dwarves, tough as the materials they emerged from. They have little interest in things not of the Earth and even less patience for fools, giving them a grim, rather severe character. They are likely to make overzealous, if somewhat dull, guardians.

-3 Power
+8 Power

Nassharath Enedrasi shall once again try to enhance the "humans" up to the point he had desired. He will also work on his pillar into something more akin to his previous designs.
[6+1] The "humans" grow into monstrous, hulking, incredibly muscular humanoids that would probably stand seven feet tall if they didn't usually hunch. They retain their skin color, hairlessness, and large fangs, but their bodies are now solid muscle and bone, clearly built for war. They know nothing but conflict, and fight constantly and over the smallest things or nothing at all.

[6+1] You create a pillar, a constant curtain of blood flowing down its surface, with barbed and bladed chains floating and writhing around it.

-3 Power, -3 Power
+7 Power

Immensly pleased with his progress, Apotheosi turned his attention back to her siblings realm.
"So much to do, so little time..."

Change my spiders to become more arachnid in appearance, and somewhat easy to tame by sapient beings.

Form The Eternal Labyrinth upon the surface, a dungeon of sorts. Long, and difficult, it shall change itself to provide a not quite impossible challenge tailored to the group or individual who enters it. Filled with various beasts and deadly traps, at the end there shall lay a book of hitherto unknown or lost knowledge, or an artifact of some unnatural power. Once the artifact has been retrieved, the dungeon shall disappear in a days time, only to reform elsewhere ten years later, with a new artifact to retrieve, or knowledge to discover.
[6] You modify your spiders to be more spiderlike. In exacting, excruciating, magnified detail, resulting in very fuzzy wolf spiders somewhere between a donkey and a very large dog in size. You also make them more tameable, which is to say they follow humanoids around like stray dogs. Some might find it creepy.

[1+1] You create a whimsical, randomly appearing and disappearing hedge maze of fantastic colors and bizarre terrain.

-1 Power, -5 Power
+8 Power

"Perfect."  Content with his new creatures, Ferren turns first to his pillar and then to the temple on Aerie.

Ferren creates a shield, made of a solid white material that is impervious to damage with gold trim and with a wing design across the front.  This shield is the Aegis of Ferren, and protects its user from harm.  He then melds it with his pillar, locking it away until a creature with the need and a true desire for peace arrives.  Ferren proceeds to send down a likeness of himself to the temple on Aerie, carved out of a pure white material that has a faint gold glow.  It shall serve as artistic inspiration to all who set eyes on it.

"The construction of this world is so disjointed; there is no unity amongst the Gods.  How unfortunate."
[6+1] The aegis turns out a bit larger than you had intended it. More importantly, it tends to sprout massive white feathered wings to shield creatures from harm, including the bearer's enemies, as well as generally getting in the way. It also tends to activate a golden field of pacifism, preventing creatures from harming each other and physically protecting them. Overall, the bearer would find it very difficult to come to harm or get anything done.

You effortlessly place it within the pillar, where it awaits a true bearer.

[1+1] You create a pretty, mildly vain statue of white stone. It's nice, but it's not going to inspire anyone more than any other masterpiece would.

-5 Power, -3 Power
+7 Power

Now it is time to fix the gate and do something else.

Try to make the gate to the Underworld more powerful, and use my remaining powers to transform rest of the unused ocean as a real deep sea, fit for living.
[2+1] You successfully improve the gate, but not by much. It's now capable of actually transporting creatures to the Underworld (and in theory, back again), but it's not the greatest thing in the world- there's a chance non-souls could get in, or souls could fail to get in, or various things could be able or unable to get out. It'll certainly serve its purpose, but with the odd hiccup and a decided weakness to shenanigans.

[5] You create a vast, deep ocean surrounding Aerie, fit for and inhabited by all manner of ocean life.

[1] You turn the area surrounding the Nameless Continent into a brackish, shallow, lifeless expanse of dead water.

[2] You turn the lifeless, dull oceans around Idathoras into nearly lifeless, dull oceans with a bit of dust floating around in it.

[6] You create abyssal deeps around the forests of Jagged Mountain, writhing with behemoth sea monsters.

-3 Power, -3 Power, -3 Power, -3 Power
+6 Power

Quote from: Ahra
Idle
Ahnaros bides his time.

+7 Power

Spoiler: Gods (click to show/hide)

No daemon volunteers. Bah. Seems I'll have to find a better way to spice things up. Perhaps some random tables...
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Crucible RTD [Turn 6: Overwhelming Overkill]
« Reply #86 on: April 19, 2012, 06:21:06 am »

((I think I may just have created the orcs. Either that or ugly Adeptus Astartes/Space Marines prototypes.))

Nassharath Enedrasi creates a pillar similar to the one already made by him, but with the addition of the armor present in the original plan, and sends it to stand in the center of the failed Divine Biome. He then creates another humanoid race near Idathoras' border with the failed Divine Biome; they shall not be ugly, they shall be warmongering but still civilized when needed, they shall still adore Nassharath Enedrasi and they must also be bound to quickly develop technology.

He decides to call the warring orc-like humanoids "Nematursharath'dan", or "Nemarath'dan" for a shorter name.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2012, 06:31:29 am by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: April 19, 2012, 06:44:31 am »

((Demon Volunteers? Random Tables?

Wow, I feel we're going to see a lot of good woodwork with those tables!

Possibility of waitlisters being demons?  :P No, wait. Disregard me being one, asking for posterity's sake.))

Pandemix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: April 19, 2012, 06:45:39 am »

Leader Name: Elyrion Ashadar
Leader Strength(s): Charmisa. - He has somehow managed to live since ages..and is the wise leader of his race, only a very small minority would actually stand up against him, however, he has sworn an oath to never do bad to his own people, so if a large portion of his race stands up against him he may quickly retire.
Leader Description: He is a very very old human being of this world, legend say he saw thousands of years, even if that surely is a bit too much. He admires "good" values in Life, such as Honour or helping the helpless. As such he hates the evil and will constantly try to eradicate it off this world.

Tribe Name: Light/High Elves
Tribe Strength(s): High Courage
Tribe Description: The Light Elves were one of the first humanoid creatures which were placed into the world, unlike other elves they are not very known for their elegance, or art, even if those are important to them they are born with the great will to defeat evil on this world, and protect the light. They all praise to some kind of light god, altough it is not determined who that might be. Fighting evil does not neccesarily mean killing it, but driving it back. Most male Light Elves did, or still do serve in the military which is known for its discipline, especially in tight formation fighting.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: April 19, 2012, 07:14:24 am »

((Only +7?))

Apotheosi Hourglass palms. Oh well, she had power to spare, and he wasn't leaving anything unfinished.

After some thought, it decided the failure could remain and started from scratch.

Dividing her concentration, it started working on a specific brand of tree.

Put a minor generating trinket or such in the center of the hedge maze. Like one that stops you from stubbing your toe, or shoots off a burst of colorful smoke when commanded.

Try again on the big one.

Form the Sapient Manawood tree, rarely found in areas flooded beyond imagination with ambient magic (Far more than naturally occurring) The tree holds massive power in whatever shape it is made into. Spread the seeds everywhere.

(Hehe, so I just remembered that this is gonna be used for something other than god shenanigans. Hows the overall new world turning out for you?)
« Last Edit: April 19, 2012, 07:23:13 am by dermonster »
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 25