Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 25

Author Topic: Crucible RTD [Turn 23: Holy Fuck(ups)]  (Read 34618 times)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Crucible RTD [Multi-Stage God/Tribe Game]
« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2012, 12:37:56 am »

I'm highly tempted to change the name of my God to Enedrasi, seeing as we have not started yet. And that is not being impatient, it is a good thrill feeling for starting a fresh RtD, I guess.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2012, 12:41:13 am by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 15, 2012, 08:43:57 am »

Spoiler: Leader Sheet (click to show/hide)

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
  • Immoveable, Indestuctible
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 15, 2012, 09:06:34 am »

Name:Ahnaros
Sphere(s): Fire, light, metal
Description: An being of White steel armour with a single black rune upon it, it lacks a discernable face as uncovered skin reveals
the flames that rage in this being along with its merciless light. (Ever heard of an seraph? one of those covered in full armour)
And then the horror hits: This was just spring.
We are SOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fucked.
Quite fucked indeed.

Morelli

• Bay Watcher
  • Even numbers keep me sane.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 15, 2012, 11:54:32 am »

Name: Ferren
Sphere(s): Peace, Art
Description:  Ferren appears as a man with a flowing cape that shimmers with many colors.  He is a patron to the arts, and exists to see them grow and develop.  Ferren always looks for ways to solve conflicts through diplomacy, and searches for the most effective route to peace.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2012, 11:56:17 am by Morelli »

JackoftheBox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 15, 2012, 02:05:40 pm »

Name: Mavet
Sphere(s): Death, Balance
Description: Mavet is a god born out of necessity that is called death. He is almost emotionless being that doesn't enjoy or complain about his duty in this world. Mavet rarely takes a physical form, but when necessary, he appears as a man wearing a black robe with a hood. Besides handling death, Mavet is also obsessed to see the world in perfect balance.
This morning I found myself looking at the numberplates of the cars on my drive in to work and seeing them as tileset characters in ASCII... a silver Renault I was behind had an interesting scene of a Human wrestling a Minotaur near a bin.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 15, 2012, 03:16:54 pm »

The Beginning

Six gods awaken.

Or arrive.

Or continue to be.

Regardless, they are six.

Or so the stories say.

Some stories, at least.

But the number is not important.

By some tellings.

What's important is where they are.

According to some.

The world had already been made.

Or retrieved.

Or had always been.

Perhaps by one god, perhaps by another.

Maybe by all or none.

Or all but one, or two or three together.

Regardless, the world was made.

Nothing but featureless sea, they say.

Some of them.

The sun shone brightly in the sky.

Stars littered the heavens.

But the work of the gods had just begun.

Or so they say.

Spoiler: Gods (click to show/hide)

The planet you'll be working on already exists, as do the sun and stars (though their nature is up to debate or alteration). The entire planet is ocean because whatever you'll be working on will, by default, be surrounded by ocean. That said, it's very dull and featureless, so creating your own bodies of water is entirely feasible.

Creating other planets, celestial bodies, alternate dimensions, etc. is theoretically possible but would be extremely expensive. Altering major existing features, such as the qualities of the sun, is similarly possible but difficult.

For the moment, you all have 5 Power generation per turn, plus any you receive from appropriate features in the world. That 5 free Power will not last forever, but you'll receive advance warning before it fades.

The OP contains a limited menu of Power costs. If you want to do something that doesn't show up, ask about it. The list should be updated as we go along.

Finally, if you have any last-minute alterations, suggestions, complaints, etc. regarding your characters, now is the time to mention them.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Pandemix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Crucible RTD [The Beginning]
« Reply #21 on: April 15, 2012, 03:20:31 pm »

Reserving a leader.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 15, 2012, 03:41:00 pm »

I create a mighty continent, right in the center of the world. Fill it with rolling hills, massive mountains, and collosal caves.

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
  • Immoveable, Indestuctible
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 15, 2012, 03:50:08 pm »

Create a region, an massive mountain jutting out of the ocean, i dont care about safety issues either, I have 6 wings for gods sake, i can survive falling off it.
And then the horror hits: This was just spring.
We are SOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fucked.
Quite fucked indeed.

Morelli

• Bay Watcher
  • Even numbers keep me sane.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 15, 2012, 03:55:49 pm »

Upon viewing this new land mass, Ferren decides to add his own touch.  The gods of this land should have a place to meet and come to terms.

Ferren creates an Island Region to the North of the continent, and at its very center raises the land in a small circle.  Upon this small circle Ferren creates a Divine Feature - A golden pillar that emanates a peaceful feeling and could form a ring with five other pillars.

"This land is nothing without life."

((I would like to request that, if permitted, in addition to existing as a God of Peace and Art I could add Righteous Vengeance to my spheres.  My reasoning is that Ferren is a God of Peace, however he will protect the peace if necessary. Eh, nevermind.  Peace is always the answer for Ferren.))
« Last Edit: May 03, 2012, 06:11:29 pm by Morelli »

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 15, 2012, 04:25:40 pm »

((Enedrasi will be my alternative name. And the Millitary Technology is basically inventing, building, developing (etc.) anything relative to warfare, just for clarification. Yes, he is basically a God of War, no joke intended.)

Nassharath Enedrasi creates a continent a little far from the already existing landmasses, but divided in two. Half of it made of chasms, wastelands and harsh, unforgiving weather, and the remaining half with a surface welcoming to life, with only a narrow (some kilometers wide) passage connecting both.

He then proceeds to send a dark, bleeding pillar covered in armor and wrapped in chains (Divine Feature) to land next to the golden one. It stays silent.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2012, 04:29:43 pm by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

JackoftheBox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 15, 2012, 04:45:58 pm »

Mavet studies the works of the others and adds a pillar of black stone covered in bones to the other side of the golden pillar (Divine Feature), then with his remaining power, he starts to work on an underground cavern network (Region).
This morning I found myself looking at the numberplates of the cars on my drive in to work and seeing them as tileset characters in ASCII... a silver Renault I was behind had an interesting scene of a Human wrestling a Minotaur near a bin.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 15, 2012, 04:55:56 pm »

Tuwa offers to work with Mavet on the caverns.

(Also, can I make various bits of the continent into features etc?)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 15, 2012, 04:58:22 pm »

((Generally speaking, terrain features usually have ample room for at least several smaller terrain features inside them. Indeed, smaller terrain features generally need someplace to exist within.))
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 15, 2012, 05:06:59 pm »

Can I edit my last turn to include me putting down sacred sites as part of the continent?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 25