Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 25

Author Topic: Crucible RTD [Turn 23: Holy Fuck(ups)]  (Read 34584 times)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Crucible RTD [Turn 3: Bigger and Better]
« Reply #60 on: April 17, 2012, 09:25:38 pm »

Nassharath Enedrasi uses the opportunity of the excess of giant herbivores to create "human" tribes prone to constant squabbling and fighting while worshipping only the ways of Nassharath. They are not very bright at the moment, but they shall develop quickly.
He also turns the failed continent connected to Idathoras' jungles into a Divine Biome which emanates warfare and the essence of war. It shall be a holy land, and any creature favored by the God that steps into that place shall experiment a permanent boost to war-oriented abilities and talents. It shall be separated from Idathora by a chasm.

[2+1] You create several fierce but fairly small predator species within the vibrant jungles of Idathoras. They look and act a lot like badgers.
((Oh wow. I guess I'll get to work on these soon and turn them into the most feared predator species in the world.))
He decides to call the small predators "badgers" and the large herbivores "sherivores".
« Last Edit: April 17, 2012, 11:35:29 pm by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Morelli

• Bay Watcher
  • Even numbers keep me sane.
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 17, 2012, 11:03:25 pm »

Disappointing.  Ferren decides to get around to that later, however.  In the meantime he creates the weavers of The Great Tapestry.

Ferren creates a new Divine Species - Weavers.  The Weavers are sentient winged humanoids created to live on Aerie.  While their main purpose is to record the history of the world in The Great Tapestry, Ferren decides to give them free will.  They shall choose their paths and develop as a race in their own respect.  Ferren then recreates the exotic plant life to serve as good dyes that will help with the creation of The Great Tapestry.

"Live.  Populate Aerie.  However, you must respect the other sentient creatures.  Grow, develop, and flourish.  Deliver the arts into the world.  Do not war unless it is in complete necessity.  Always continue to weave The Great Tapestry, and keep it safe. "

((Here goes a turn I sure hope doesn't get a low roll.))
« Last Edit: April 17, 2012, 11:16:55 pm by Morelli »

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 17, 2012, 11:10:32 pm »

((Well, things that have to do with your allignment get +1. It won't be difficult to have at least reasonable results and then improve them later.))
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Morelli

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 17, 2012, 11:11:33 pm »

((Aaaah, yes.  Good point.  Well, I'll at least get a two!))

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 17, 2012, 11:28:49 pm »

I create the first of the golems to protect my caverns, made of steel, and the height of eight men, the width of three lying prone, and with the ability to shape and change his own body. His name is Ruwir Herlasko, or the Bane of Havock, and he is loyal to me.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2012, 12:21:09 am by Spinal_Taper »

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 17, 2012, 11:32:54 pm »

((GM: How do tribes form, exactly? By God actions, or by the creation of sentience in the world?))

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 17, 2012, 11:47:17 pm »

((Once the god phase is over, tribes will spontaneously arise through various, sometimes ambiguous means. Aside from creating places where tribes are capable of surviving, no godly actions or knowledge is necessary- they'll just appear wherever they damn well please and get to work. Some might even dispute the alleged story of the formation of the world entirely.))
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Morelli

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: April 17, 2012, 11:48:17 pm »

((So, creating races like we are doing is still fine, right?))

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: April 17, 2012, 11:48:29 pm »

((Is RP'ing allowed when tribes get in and personal outlook or their own lore?))

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: April 17, 2012, 11:52:08 pm »

((So, creating races like we are doing is still fine, right?))
((Of course. They just won't be player controlled, and thus probably won't do much, unless a new player decides to take control of some of them.))

((Is RP'ing allowed when tribes get in and personal outlook or their own lore?))
((Hm? RPing is certainly allowed, I'm not sure what you're asking for the rest. You can certainly invent lore as well, even if it directly contradicts things that "actually" happened, especially during the god phase.))
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
  • Immoveable, Indestuctible
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: April 18, 2012, 12:15:40 am »

"... I have to fix that before anyone sees that" Region: Forest
And then the horror hits: This was just spring.
We are SOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fucked.
Quite fucked indeed.

Morelli

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: April 18, 2012, 02:00:36 am »

(( I noticed that you gave Dermonster, Spinal_Taper, and myself 5 power last turn instead of 6. ))

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: April 18, 2012, 02:39:02 am »

Turn 4: Feast and Famine

Apotheosi nodded at the sight before it. Much better than his previous attempts. He turned his attention back to the Sky, where his great smear lay bare. His recent creation had given him an idea...

Alter the Smear with Divine Biome. Change it to a ever changing cloud of massive floating islands, forests, lakes, mountains, third dimensional rivers, and inundate the essence of pure magic into it all, so everything has innate mana, even the air, no matter how little.

"I shall name it the Old Realm, and with it I lay the core of my purpose."

(Think like an all natural Eldritch Location, except a bit less extreme[A bit less, it's still confusing as hell] and replace *causes madness* with *An ever present feeling of mystery and magic*.[I really hope this one gets at least a four.])
[4+1] You transform the smear into a wondrous, ever-shifting realm of magic and wonder. Rivers course through the sky, mountains and forests drift from place to place, and crystal lakes glitter in the sun- at least, until they shift into something else. Mana permeates the land, sea, and sky as light, moisture, or air permeates lesser realms.

-8 Power
+7 Power

Nassharath Enedrasi uses the opportunity of the excess of giant herbivores to create "human" tribes prone to constant squabbling and fighting while worshipping only the ways of Nassharath. They are not very bright at the moment, but they shall develop quickly.
He also turns the failed continent connected to Idathoras' jungles into a Divine Biome which emanates warfare and the essence of war. It shall be a holy land, and any creature favored by the God that steps into that place shall experiment a permanent boost to war-oriented abilities and talents. It shall be separated from Idathora by a chasm.

[2+1] You create several fierce but fairly small predator species within the vibrant jungles of Idathoras. They look and act a lot like badgers.
((Oh wow. I guess I'll get to work on these soon and turn them into the most feared predator species in the world.))
He decides to call the small predators "badgers" and the large herbivores "sherivores".
[1+1] You create stunted pygmies, looking more like imps than humans. They've scrawny and thin, around a foot and a half tall, suited to scurrying around like scavengers, with hairless golden brown skin, large eyes and fangs, and slight pot bellies. They've vicious but cowardly and weak, constantly scuffling with each other over scraps of food.

[1+1] The failed lands of Idathoras fail to transform properly, instead simply becoming a bit more solid and well-suited for training.

You opt to wait on making a chasm just yet.

-3 Power, -8 Power
+5 Power

Disappointing.  Ferren decides to get around to that later, however.  In the meantime he creates the weavers of The Great Tapestry.

Ferren creates a new Divine Species - Weavers.  The Weavers are sentient winged humanoids created to live on Aerie.  While their main purpose is to record the history of the world in The Great Tapestry, Ferren decides to give them free will.  They shall choose their paths and develop as a race in their own respect.  Ferren then recreates the exotic plant life to serve as good dyes that will help with the creation of The Great Tapestry.

"Live.  Populate Aerie.  However, you must respect the other sentient creatures.  Grow, develop, and flourish.  Deliver the arts into the world.  Do not war unless it is in complete necessity.  Always continue to weave The Great Tapestry, and keep it safe. "

[1+1] You create scraggly, vaguely intelligent buzzards with a fondness for bright colors and a penchant for recreating shapes they've seen.

[6+1] The scraggly vines on the mesa burst into massive, twisting vines that literally shoot color into the air from time to time. They're a prime source of color for dyes and such, but stopping them from showering everything with color is a bit of a challenge, and once it's in it doesn't come out. Ironwoods near the mesa tend to be permanently technicolor.

-4 Power, -2 Power
+6 Power

I create the first of the golems to protect my caverns, made of steel, and the height of eight men, the width of three lying prone, and with the ability to shape and change his own body. His name is Ruwir Herlasko, or the Bane of Havock, and he is loyal to me.
[1] You create a writhing, evershifting mass of ropey malicious ink. It is most certainly not the Bane of Havoc, and seems to spend most of its time laughing at you and scheming things.

-5 Power
+6 Power

"... I have to fix that before anyone sees that" Region: Forest
((I assume you meant Biome))

[3] You successfully convert the acrid swamp into a forest with slightly acidic soil and not very tall or dense trees.

-3 Power
+7 Power

Quote from: JackoftheBox
Idle
Mavet bides his time.

+5 Power

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Wow. This is one hell of a spread of luck.

(( I noticed that you gave Dermonster, Spinal_Taper, and myself 5 power last turn instead of 6. ))
These three have had a power point added on to compensate.

The OP had been updated with new costs, which hopefully covers most of what someone would want to do. I'm currently using 3 Power as the cost for making intelligent humanoids (ie the sort of thing that could form a tribe). I don't think I want "better" versions available like there are for most everything else, but I'll have to think about it.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Crucible RTD [Turn 4: Feast and Famine]
« Reply #73 on: April 18, 2012, 06:15:30 am »

Nassharath Enedrasi uses his powers to enhance the "humans" up to the point he had desired. Warmongering and primitive, but bound to develop and loyal to him.
>Yes?

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
Re: Crucible RTD [Turn 4: Feast and Famine]
« Reply #74 on: April 18, 2012, 07:01:40 am »

Apotheosi delighted in his new realm, poking about a bit. "Haha! Much better, much better! But... empty, I think.
With a grin, she sets about his latest work.

Divine Life, The Fey. Shape changers and innate mages of the highest magnitude, their thought process is alien and unrecognizable to mortal creatures, alternating between childlike and chillingly serious at a whim. Living for vast amounts of time, they inhabit the Old Realm, a place that they can comprehend much better than other races.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2012, 10:58:28 am by dermonster »
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 25