Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 25

Author Topic: Crucible RTD [Turn 23: Holy Fuck(ups)]  (Read 34620 times)

JackoftheBox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Crucible RTD [Turn 1: Pillar Envy]
« Reply #45 on: April 15, 2012, 06:43:04 pm »

As the other gods started to create inhabitants for the land and the sky, it would fall on Mavet to fill the great ocean with creatures less intelligent than their flying, and walking counter parts. But first these new creatures would need a proper area for living that could provide them food.

Create a coastal biome surrounding the biggest landmass
« Last Edit: April 16, 2012, 03:26:55 am by JackoftheBox »
This morning I found myself looking at the numberplates of the cars on my drive in to work and seeing them as tileset characters in ASCII... a silver Renault I was behind had an interesting scene of a Human wrestling a Minotaur near a bin.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 15, 2012, 06:56:14 pm »

As the other gods started to create inhabitants for the land and the sky, it would fall on Mavet to fill the great ocean with creatures less intelligent than their flying, and walking counter parts.

Create Fish, plenty of them, in all kinds of colours and sizes
((The only current body of water is more of a blank default than a proper biome, so I'm going to say you'd need to create one before it can support fish. Of course, a proper body of water could come with appropriate life anyway, though they might not be colorful or varied enough for your tastes.))
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

JackoftheBox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 16, 2012, 03:29:33 am »

((Edited my post, will that suffice for now?))
This morning I found myself looking at the numberplates of the cars on my drive in to work and seeing them as tileset characters in ASCII... a silver Renault I was behind had an interesting scene of a Human wrestling a Minotaur near a bin.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 16, 2012, 03:37:30 am »

((Yep, that's good. You might want to specify what type, though, else it'll probably just default to "like the mainland it's surrounding, but under shallow water.))
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

JackoftheBox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 16, 2012, 07:04:41 am »

((The default sounds fine, I'll go with that))

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
  • Immoveable, Indestuctible
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 16, 2012, 08:55:38 am »

Divine feature: The mountains peak split as Ahnaros created an place for him to rest, metal of course, all temples are better if they are made of metal
« Last Edit: April 16, 2012, 12:53:18 pm by Ahra »
And then the horror hits: This was just spring.
We are SOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fucked.
Quite fucked indeed.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 16, 2012, 02:37:53 pm »

Turn 2: Ironwoods Rise

Nassharath Enedrasi rested and concentrated on producing energy to make his pillar as he intended to.
The newly-created continent by him shall be named Idathoras.
You rest.

Apotheosi stares at the mess and mumbles, embarrassed. "I'll get back to that later." For now, it was tired, but decided to flick some life at the planet.

Giant spiders everywhere!
[2] You create cat-sized, flat, chubby vaguely spider-shaped things. They're more like a vaguely rubbery fat disc surrounded by eight fat vaguely rubbery legs than a spider.

-1 Power
+5 Power

Create a massive mountain in the center of the continent. Name it Mount Onnett.
[2+1] You create a big mountain. Could have been bigger, though.

-2 Power
+5 Power

Ferren watches the spiders, and is immediately struck with great love for them.  Alas, it was not his idea to create such a magnificent creature.

Ferren creates a new Divine Creature to serve as his messengers - The Great Eagles, a male and a female, who fly around the Island, watching over it to maintain the sanctity of this holy place.  Their children and their children's children will fulfill their role as well.  Ferren shall grant them the gift of sentience and the power of speech.

Ferren decides the Island needs life.  He layers the area around the mesa with Exotic Ironwood trees, which are difficult to cut down and very strong.

"This Island shall hold the name Aerie."
[3] You create a pair of eagles, but they're not very large. They are intelligent and can speak, but are still a bit simple-minded, being eagles and all.

[5] You create magnificent Ironwood trees, majestic, slightly grayish trees whose wood lives up to its name. You get the feeling they'd be highly prized by anything that could make use of them- and indeed, your eagles very much appreciate their new, impenetrable roosts.

-4 Power, -2 Power
+6 Power

As the other gods started to create inhabitants for the land and the sky, it would fall on Mavet to fill the great ocean with creatures less intelligent than their flying, and walking counter parts. But first these new creatures would need a proper area for living that could provide them food.

Create a coastal biome surrounding the biggest landmass
[6] You create a rather large, shallow coastal region surrounding Idathoras, complete with tiny islands and outcroppings to extend the coast part far past what the landmass itself provides. It's also teeming with life, albeit relatively isolated life from the jungle and badlands it surrounds.

-3 Power
+5 Power

Divine feature: The mountains peak split as Ahnaros created an place for him to rest, metal of course, all temples are better if they are made of metal
[4+1] You create a jagged, illuminated, in some places flaming temple of severe, almost crystalline whitish metal that seems to glow from within. It is a true home for your seething rage.

-3 Power
+6 Power

Spoiler: Gods (click to show/hide)

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
Re: Crucible RTD [Turn 2: Ironwoods Rise]
« Reply #52 on: April 16, 2012, 02:44:16 pm »

Apotheosi finds itself somewhat embarrassed by it's lack of aptitude in it's chosen art. it focuses on the incomplete pillar circle now, casting down half its current power.

A towering pillar of swirling, pure mana, my column will glean a hint of inspiration to those who would be worthy, and otherwise invest a sense of curiosity and wonder in the beholder.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2012, 02:47:56 pm by dermonster »
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 16, 2012, 02:47:11 pm »

Nassharath Enedrasi populates a good part of the continent with ferocious, fierce-fighting predator species of animals and large amounts of fast-reproducing herbivore ones, to keep the aggressive creatures fed.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Morelli

• Bay Watcher
  • Even numbers keep me sane.
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 16, 2012, 03:21:43 pm »

For the most part pleased with his current progress, Ferren decides it is time to add diversity.

Ferren seeds exotic plant life from the edges of the mesa down.  He then creates a shrine at the southern end of Aerie, a place where a great tapestry that chronicles the history of this planet shall eventually reside.

JackoftheBox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 16, 2012, 04:18:05 pm »

Mavet sees that the others have started to build something for themselves. This makes him think, and he comes into a conclusion that in time, there will be more creatures, and their fate shall be death. Be it by natural, or unnatural causes the spirits of the dead will need a place to go. This place will not be easy to create and will need alot of time, so Mavet decides to build it piece by piece.

Create a gate somewhere around Aerie which connects to the unnamed cavern network, rename the caverns as the Underworld. Reinforce the gate so that only souls and gods may pass it.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 16, 2012, 04:41:29 pm »

Create a cave in the mountain, with the opening at the peak, and tunneling deep into the earth, eventually ending in a chamber of gems, named the Sanctuary of Tuwa. Within the sanctuary place artifacts of my power, such as the Blade of Order.

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
  • Immoveable, Indestuctible
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 17, 2012, 12:18:12 am »

Divine life: Drake, small dragon, flight capable, fire-breathing that lives on my mountain

Biome: Forest, around the mountain
And then the horror hits: This was just spring.
We are SOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fucked.
Quite fucked indeed.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 17, 2012, 09:05:46 pm »

Turn 3: Bigger and Better

Apotheosi finds itself somewhat embarrassed by it's lack of aptitude in it's chosen art. it focuses on the incomplete pillar circle now, casting down half its current power.

A towering pillar of swirling, pure mana, my column will glean a hint of inspiration to those who would be worthy, and otherwise invest a sense of curiosity and wonder in the beholder.
[3+1] You create a curiosity-inspiring colum of swirling blue mana on the mesa on Aerie.

-3 Power
+5 Power

Nassharath Enedrasi populates a good part of the continent with ferocious, fierce-fighting predator species of animals and large amounts of fast-reproducing herbivore ones, to keep the aggressive creatures fed.
[2+1] You create several fierce but fairly small predator species within the vibrant jungles of Idathoras. They look and act a lot like badgers.

[6] You then create massive, quickly-reproducing herbivores, which grow to enormous sizes but spawn multitudes of tiny young. The result is that so long as they don't starve to death, there's always more meat roaming the jungles than most predators would know what to do with. They resemble long-necked dinosaurs.

-1 Power, -1 Power
+5 Power

For the most part pleased with his current progress, Ferren decides it is time to add diversity.

Ferren seeds exotic plant life from the edges of the mesa down.  He then creates a shrine at the southern end of Aerie, a place where a great tapestry that chronicles the history of this planet shall eventually reside.
[1+1] You create several dry, withered-looking weed vines on the mesa's edge. They're very faintly tinted with color, if one looks close enough, and you get the feeling they'd have been good for dyes or inks of some sort if they'd turned out better.

[4] You then create a shrine, though it currently stands empty.

-2 Power, -1 Power
+5 Power

Mavet sees that the others have started to build something for themselves. This makes him think, and he comes into a conclusion that in time, there will be more creatures, and their fate shall be death. Be it by natural, or unnatural causes the spirits of the dead will need a place to go. This place will not be easy to create and will need alot of time, so Mavet decides to build it piece by piece.

Create a gate somewhere around Aerie which connects to the unnamed cavern network, rename the caverns as the Underworld. Reinforce the gate so that only souls and gods may pass it.
[1+1] You create an awkward jumble of stones that somewhat resembles a gate. The souls of the dead are lightly drawn to it, but nothing more.

-3 Power
+5 Power

Create a cave in the mountain, with the opening at the peak, and tunneling deep into the earth, eventually ending in a chamber of gems, named the Sanctuary of Tuwa. Within the sanctuary place artifacts of my power, such as the Blade of Order.
[3+1] You create a cave entrance at the mountain's peak, winding deep, deep below the earth and ending in a cavern of gems.

[5+1] You create the Blade of Order and place it within the gemstone cavern. A massive claymore, too big for many men (if there were any at all, that is) to wield, the blade instills fanatic zeal into its bearer, slowly shifting them, in some ways, into a minor avatar of Order itself. The blade is anathema to Chaos, and chaotic, disorderly enemies often find themselves powerless against its fury.

-2 Power, -5 Power
+5 Power

Divine life: Drake, small dragon, flight capable, fire-breathing that lives on my mountain

Biome: Forest, around the mountain
[3+1] You create small, fire-breathing dragons on your mountain. Their flames burn hotter than even a magical beast's ought to.

[1] You create a barren, acrid swamp filled with rotting vines and noxious fumes surrounding your mountain.

-4 Power, -3 Power
+7 Power

Spoiler: Gods (click to show/hide)

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
Re: Crucible RTD [Turn 3: Bigger and Better]
« Reply #59 on: April 17, 2012, 09:22:42 pm »

Apotheosi nodded at the sight before it. Much better than his previous attempts. He turned his attention back to the Sky, where his great smear lay bare. His recent creation had given him an idea...

Alter the Smear with Divine Biome. Change it to a ever changing cloud of massive floating islands, forests, lakes, mountains, third dimensional rivers, and inundate the essence of pure magic into it all, so everything has innate mana, even the air, no matter how little.

"I shall name it the Old Realm, and with it I lay the core of my purpose."

(Think like an all natural Eldritch Location, except a bit less extreme[A bit less, it's still confusing as hell] and replace *causes madness* with *An ever present feeling of mystery and magic*.[I really hope this one gets at least a four.])
« Last Edit: April 17, 2012, 09:28:34 pm by dermonster »
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 25