Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Oh God, this is hilarious.  (Read 3681 times)

Masta Crouton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Oh God, this is hilarious.
« Reply #15 on: April 14, 2012, 06:53:32 pm »

something new! he booked it from my well, to my bar stockpile, where he is literally running around in a circle, still with "clean self"...

lawwwwwl.

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 14, 2012, 06:56:19 pm »

something new! he booked it from my well, to my bar stockpile, where he is literally running around in a circle, still with "clean self"...

lawwwwwl.

Poor steaming hot water on him. Theres his bath. And a sauna.
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

Masta Crouton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 14, 2012, 06:57:50 pm »

i kinda actually want to see how this plays out.

JackOSpades

• Bay Watcher
  • Lurker Supreme
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 14, 2012, 07:35:42 pm »

gods, just forbid all the soap and he should stop.

Masta Crouton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 14, 2012, 09:11:50 pm »

i am sad to report that this dwarf was killed by a beserk soldier who had failed a mood. he was cut several times before the beserk dwarf was put down, and bled to death in the hospital shortly afterwards.

another mystery of df, lost forever.   :'(

masquerine

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 14, 2012, 09:18:10 pm »

I had this happen to a dwarf once too. She was missing one arm, the other arm was badly mangled. She'd walk back and forth trying to pick up soap to no avail due to nerve damage/ability to grasp lost. It was pretty funny to watch the endless struggle. Eventually the mossy room she was in got set on fire and she was "relieved" of soap duties.

Another endless struggle I've observed was two giant gargoyles strangling a dwarf. She had a broken neck and both gargoyles were strangling her for months. They managed to shake her loose of most of her gear, but couldn't finish her. When attacked, the gargoyles persisted to strangle her until they lost limbs and could no longer hold her. In this event, as soon as she was released she was pronounced dead. If they were never interrupted, the strangling would go on for years and years.

runlvlzero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 14, 2012, 09:22:38 pm »

i am sad to report that this dwarf was killed by a beserk soldier who had failed a mood. he was cut several times before the beserk dwarf was put down, and bled to death in the hospital shortly afterwards.

another mystery of df, lost forever.   :'(

Who could have guessed at this end? lol good one. I as betting for sure death from thirst.
I voted for BANANA!

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 14, 2012, 09:23:21 pm »

It's always a berserker, isn't it? :P

I can understand that most of us have halfway decent security strategies, but you'd expect FB's, ambushes, and kobold theives that snuck all the way into the heart of the fortress just to stab somebody and get eaten alive by dogs to ruin at least as many good things as berserkers do. :P

Another endless struggle I've observed was two giant gargoyles strangling a dwarf. She had a broken neck and both gargoyles were strangling her for months. They managed to shake her loose of most of her gear, but couldn't finish her. When attacked, the gargoyles persisted to strangle her until they lost limbs and could no longer hold her. In this event, as soon as she was released she was pronounced dead. If they were never interrupted, the strangling would go on for years and years.

That's actually a really old bug. At least as old as 40d, and probably even more. First time I recall hearing about it somebody's wife was playing DF and got a dorf stuck under a pile of rhesus macaques that mauled the shit out of her for years on end.
What a horrible way to go...
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 14, 2012, 09:30:52 pm »

Next time try giving him a bath, it should clean him up and stop the "clean self" job.
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)
Pages: 1 [2]