Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Oh God, this is hilarious.  (Read 3684 times)

Masta Crouton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Oh God, this is hilarious.
« on: April 14, 2012, 05:50:41 pm »

i have a craftsdwarf that is injured, and is trying to clean himself. he has lost the ability to grasp, and he's running back and forth between two squares, trying to pick up the soap. he's been doing this for a week, and is hungry and thirsty...

oh lord. he has no grasp, and he must clean.

XD

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile
Re: Oh God, this is hilarious.
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2012, 05:54:55 pm »

i have a craftsdwarf that is injured, and is trying to clean himself. he has lost the ability to grasp, and he's running back and forth between two squares, trying to pick up the soap. he's been doing this for a week, and is hungry and thirsty...

XD

Are you getting cancellation spam? That's generally what prompts me to seal them inside a tomb.

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
  • [SPHERE:VERMIN][LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2012, 05:56:10 pm »

Add [GRASP] token to the mouth. Or feet, or something.

King DZA

• Bay Watcher
  • Ruler of all things ruleable
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2012, 05:57:59 pm »

Sounds like a little slice of personal hell right there.

Masta Crouton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2012, 06:06:50 pm »

XD

Are you getting cancellation spam? That's generally what prompts me to seal them inside a tomb.

...actually no. maybe it isn't the grasp? just a bug? cause it would make sense that i would see a lot of spam about it.

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2012, 06:13:13 pm »

...actually no. maybe it isn't the grasp? just a bug? cause it would make sense that i would see a lot of spam about it.
How was he injured? It's well known that a dwarf with blood spatters on his internal organs will sometimes wash constantly because his stupid skin is in the way.

Masta Crouton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2012, 06:19:59 pm »

motor/sensory nerve severed on the left upper arm, shattered right arm/elbow. no internal injuries.

also, he's not actually cleaning, just running back and forth over soap by my well.

runlvlzero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2012, 06:24:04 pm »

Sounds like he just cant grasp. If you have a free hospital bed he should go there to 'rest' and wait for diagnosis, then a nurse/doctor will splint, clean and suture the wound. That's the only way I know to get other dwarves to help a cripple. Also sorta sounds like he's trying to preform his own first aid but can't cause of the wounds... does he have medical jobs enabled?
I voted for BANANA!

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2012, 06:26:12 pm »

motor/sensory nerve severed on the left upper arm, shattered right arm/elbow. no internal injuries.

also, he's not actually cleaning, just running back and forth over soap by my well.

Does it say his active job is "clean self"?

Masta Crouton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2012, 06:28:32 pm »

Sounds like he just cant grasp. If you have a free hospital bed he should go there to 'rest' and wait for diagnosis, then a nurse/doctor will splint, clean and suture the wound. That's the only way I know to get other dwarves to help a cripple. Also sorta sounds like he's trying to preform his own first aid but can't cause of the wounds... does he have medical jobs enabled?

he's been treated and all that. he just leapt out of bed and did this. he has no medical labors besides feed/recover wounded.

active job is indeed clean self.

runlvlzero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2012, 06:30:23 pm »

Lol strange, well I think he's not gonna last long, build him a nice tomb for his Uristy behavior.
I voted for BANANA!

Mitchewawa

• Bay Watcher
  • My pick is the pick that will pierce the heavens!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2012, 06:38:26 pm »

Drop water on him.
Mitch cancels sleep: Interrupted by Clowns

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2012, 06:39:37 pm »

he's been treated and all that. he just leapt out of bed and did this. he has no medical labors besides feed/recover wounded.

active job is indeed clean self.
Are you announcing job cancellations? It's odd that you aren't getting cancellation spam I buried a spearman alive for that exact reason.

Masta Crouton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 14, 2012, 06:51:18 pm »

yeah, there's been job cancellation warnings appearing all the time, just not him.

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 14, 2012, 06:52:39 pm »

yeah, there's been job cancellation warnings appearing all the time, just not him.
Huh, no idea.
Pages: [1] 2