Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 11

Author Topic: Anti-Pants Faction (No, not underwear. Pants.)  (Read 16646 times)

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
Re: Anti-Pants Faction (No, not underwear. Pants.)
« Reply #75 on: April 16, 2012, 04:49:42 pm »

Anyhow. Has anyone else considered the most comfortable of all possible things? Oversized hoodie. Like, way too damn big. Enough to reach at least miniskirt length, like a modern tunic. I wonder if you could get one tailored so that it was that long but not a meter wide.
If you live in a place where it's always cold above waist height but at the same time always warm below waist height and with no rain then that could work?

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: April 16, 2012, 04:57:28 pm »

Rain? Honestly, I prefer less clothes in the rain so I don't get soggy.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

fqllve

• Bay Watcher
  • (grammar) anarcho-communist
    • View Profile
    • ufowitch
« Reply #77 on: April 16, 2012, 05:01:40 pm »

It really depends on the temperature. I love being out in just a t-shirt and shorts during a nice summer rain, but if it's raining in November?

Screw that.
You don't use freedom Penguin. First you demand it, then you have it.
No using. That's not what freedom is for.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: April 16, 2012, 05:06:09 pm »

Or if the rain is remotely cold.  It's much better having soaked trousers which you can take off (or indeed wearing waterproof trousers) than being chilled to the bone in the shower.

Incidentally, I guess the main reason I have is cycling.  There's nothing else you can wear whilst cycling that works except maybe shorts if it's hot and you know it's not going to rain.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: April 16, 2012, 05:09:06 pm »

For cold rains I'd probably wear a heavy jacket... and shorts. I'm the type that can wear shorts in outright blizzards, so maybe I'm not one to talk.

There has been 1 point in the last 8 or so years I've wanted to wear pants due to weather: Last November there was a blizzard that hit with ridiculously strong winds (broke 100 mph as I recall). I had to lean into it just to stay standing. Walked nearly a mile in it and was knocked out for pretty much the rest of the day.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2012, 05:11:31 pm by kaijyuu »
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: April 16, 2012, 06:43:27 pm »

Ah, but if you're wearing pants during high winds, they catch more air than your bare legs and will make you put more effort into each step. Therefore the logical step is to go almost nude during inclement weather.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

fqllve

• Bay Watcher
  • (grammar) anarcho-communist
    • View Profile
    • ufowitch
« Reply #81 on: April 16, 2012, 06:55:45 pm »

And this is why robots are extinct.
You don't use freedom Penguin. First you demand it, then you have it.
No using. That's not what freedom is for.

Johuotar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Some game projects
« Reply #82 on: April 17, 2012, 06:12:22 am »

Anti-Pants Faction? Is there really any other option, I mean come on, skirts -> restricting, and robes -> even more restricting. And shorts are good only for like 2 months out of 12 around here. I'm freezing well enough without going around in shorts.

I'm joining Pro Pants Coalition to fight the tyranny of the pantless fasicsts. TO WAR!
[img height=x width=y]http://LINK TO IMAGE HERE[/img]
The Toad hops in mysterious ways.
This pure mountain spring water is indispensable. Literally. I'm out of paper cups.

King DZA

• Bay Watcher
  • Ruler of all things ruleable
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: April 17, 2012, 06:36:57 am »

Well that's just ridiculous. Skirts have to be some of the least restricting kinds of lower body wear there is. Unless you're wearing a skirt that's just unnecessarily long, in which case it is entirely your fault.

Johuotar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Some game projects
« Reply #84 on: April 17, 2012, 07:29:18 am »

Short skirts are worthless, they provide no protection from climate nor they protect ones modesty.
This pure mountain spring water is indispensable. Literally. I'm out of paper cups.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: April 17, 2012, 07:37:04 am »

Anyhow. Has anyone else considered the most comfortable of all possible things? Oversized hoodie.

Not recommended for use in the state of Florida.  :-\

Short skirts are worthless, they provide no protection from climate nor they protect ones modesty.
Oh come on, like any of us actually have modesty. Half of us are probably naked from the waist down right now. It's the Internet, after all.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: April 17, 2012, 07:38:03 am »

If you were that interested in modesty, you wouldn't be on the internet. Or you'd be wearing underwear under that skirt.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: April 17, 2012, 07:44:19 am »

I gotta second the 'response to rain is to wear no clothes' line of thinking. Seriously, when it starts to rain, I switch it to my swim trunks and a light sleeveless shirt, and I'm perfectly happy.

Unless its cold (but really, if its raining its probably not cold. Then it would be snowing.), and here I will admit I do own a pair of pants - pants have their purpose as specialty wear, I believe, where form fitting is a functional requirement (see: wet suits, frog togs, space suits, firemen outfits, biohazard suits).

Its the idealization as a standard, acceptable form of everyday-wear that is the true travesty, not their mere existence.

Johuotar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Some game projects
« Reply #88 on: April 17, 2012, 07:47:24 am »

So youre not prepared to situations where you unexpectedly need to become fireman? If you would wear pants you would be. PREPARE FOR EVERYTHING.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: April 17, 2012, 07:49:12 am »

So youre not prepared to situations where you unexpectedly need to become fireman? If you would wear pants you would be. PREPARE FOR EVERYTHING.
You need fireman pants for that, though. normal pants are not fire-resistant.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 11