Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 22

Author Topic: DrPoo's programming Jam, 100*C, a community project, that actually works.  (Read 42561 times)

DrPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • In Russia Putin strikes meteor
    • View Profile

Link to the Google Code project page: 100° C.

Also, we're tentatively using 100° C as our title. If you have a gmail account, I need to know the username to add you to the list of people working on the project.

Clever name
Would the owner of an ounce of dignity please contact the mall security?

GalenEvil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Mac-Man Games

What I meant about giving me AI stuff to do basically extends to:
1) throw ideas at me
2) once I have a nice pile of ideas I will jump into it and roll around until one, or more, sticks to me

Sorry for missing the meeting. Was planning to go to the library so I could do the meeting and download important stuff but sleep got in the way. Somehow my body felt it would be perfectly reasonable for me to sleep from 1AM up until 530PM -_-

Also, if something looks troubling-ly difficult to program just throw the problem at me and I can probably smash it into submission and get a working prototype out of it that I could just add to later on if it needs further expansion. I guess I should add my name along with Kof to the Robot Abilities section of the document so I can provide assistance when needed :D
Fun is Fun......Done is Done... or is that Done is !!FUN!!?
Quote from: Mr Frog
Digging's a lot like surgery, see -- you grab the sharp thing and then drive the sharp end of the sharp thing in as hard as you can and then stuff goes flying and then stuff falls out and then there's a big hole and you're done. I kinda wish there was more screaming, but rocks don't hurt so I guess it can't be helped.

Araph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

373K?
Well, it was either 100° C or 373 K. Same thing, but people recognize Celsius a lot more often than they would Kelvin.

my GMail name is GalenEvil.eve right now... my main account got hacked and now it's disabled :( so using my EVE Online gmail account to work on things :D
Adding you now! That sucks that your account got hacked; I hope it works out in the end.

GalenEvil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Mac-Man Games

@Araph: Your avatar makes me think of Red Mage from 8-Bit Theater webcomic. And the top portion of your sig makes that idea even more plausible heh
Fun is Fun......Done is Done... or is that Done is !!FUN!!?
Quote from: Mr Frog
Digging's a lot like surgery, see -- you grab the sharp thing and then drive the sharp end of the sharp thing in as hard as you can and then stuff goes flying and then stuff falls out and then there's a big hole and you're done. I kinda wish there was more screaming, but rocks don't hurt so I guess it can't be helped.

Araph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

@Araph: Your avatar makes me think of Red Mage from 8-Bit Theater webcomic.
I think it suits me. :P

dreadmullet

• Bay Watcher
  • Inadequate Comedian
    • View Profile

I made a concept model for the robots. Very rough, and yet I spent way too much time on it as always. I tried to make a fat, generic steampunk robot. There aren't pipes or gears everywhere because the bodywork covers them. There could be an exhaust pipe somewhere, or something. Anyways, tell me what you think of the overall concept.

Spoiler: front (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: back (click to show/hide)

Araph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I, uh. I guess this is a bit late. This was sort of what I had in mind for the robots, based off of the description of steampunk, not all bronzed, and vaguely reminiscent of WALL-E from earlier in the thread.

Also, I made a little logo thing to go with the Google Code site. Apparently you can put a thumbnail at the top left part of the page, so I put this there.

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile

I love that logo!
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

dreadmullet

• Bay Watcher
  • Inadequate Comedian
    • View Profile

Wow! That... is so very awesome. It makes mine look so dumb now. There are a few things that seem off, though: I think the current idea is that robots have steam tanks on them that they use for storing power. I don't see any tank on your robot, but it looks like it would fit in the torso. Also, I don't like how the robot's arms hang so low. And perhaps the treads are slightly too small, and too thin.

I feel like modeling it right now, but I think there should be a vote or something. My vote definitely goes to your concept.

Awesome logo, too.

Araph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yeah, I kinda forgot about the steam tank. There's a puny little one around where the robot's navel would be, but it's, like I said, puny and little. The treads are a bit off, too. I'll fix those things tomorrow. I'm glad people like the logo! That's the first time I tried making something with lighting and shadows.

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel

I was thinking something along the lines of a mix of your two ideas. It had the stout body of Dread's but the treads of Araph's plus an actual steam tank thing attached like a backpack but supported by the treads. But then again I did not even draw anything and am not the artist so whatever everyone likes.
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

dreadmullet

• Bay Watcher
  • Inadequate Comedian
    • View Profile

I was thinking something along the lines of a mix of your two ideas. It had the stout body of Dread's but the treads of Araph's plus an actual steam tank thing attached like a backpack but supported by the treads. But then again I did not even draw anything and am not the artist so whatever everyone likes.
I disagree with all of that. I thought about making the steam tank a backpack, but then I realized that there wouldn't be much else to put in the torso. Putting the tank in the torso makes sense to me. Also, I think bulky body and treads won't look good at all.

Speaking of treads, I found this random image on Google Images. I think your treads are too flat. The robot will be going over all sorts of terrain, so they need treads to suit them. I think the tread style in the center left (an inverted trapezoid) would work well.

malloc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Heya guys. Sorry I could not join you yesterday, but my services were required elsewhere.

Anyway, since we're discussing how the robots are going to look. I'll give my idea for how they can look:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

It's a quick sketch I did. But I think it looks very steampunky robot.

As for my code. I am more of less back to where I was before fucking all up and deleting everything.

DrPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • In Russia Putin strikes meteor
    • View Profile

Heya guys. Sorry I could not join you yesterday, but my services were required elsewhere.

Anyway, since we're discussing how the robots are going to look. I'll give my idea for how they can look:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

It's a quick sketch I did. But I think it looks very steampunky robot.

As for my code. I am more of less back to where I was before fucking all up and deleting everything.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UHilUgwKZDU

I rike it.
Would the owner of an ounce of dignity please contact the mall security?

Kofthefens

• Bay Watcher
  • Keep calm and OH GOD CAPYBARAS
    • View Profile
    • Marshland Games

I've been working on jobs and workspeed and tools. However, I am wondering about metals. I have iron, steel, copper, and bronze, but what should their qualities be?

I have the variables for weight, durability. and how fast you work with a tool of this material. What should they be?
I don't care about your indigestion-- How are you is a greeting, not a question.

The epic of Îton Sákrith
The Chronicles of HammerBlaze
My website - Free games
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 22