Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: ....Elves are useful now.....we need a new insult.  (Read 11386 times)

Geen

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm gonna live forever, or die trying.
    • View Profile
Re: ....Elves are useful now.....we need a new insult.
« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2012, 09:14:02 pm »

Yeah, elves are still useless hippies. Where did you get the idea that they are useful from?

King DZA

• Bay Watcher
  • Ruler of all things ruleable
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 13, 2012, 09:16:35 pm »

technically it isn't even that they are all that useful. There's just been a realization that they are less useless then most of the other races.

KodKod

• Bay Watcher
  • Fond of despair and alcoholism.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 13, 2012, 09:17:37 pm »

Elf, goblin, human, kobold... They all die the same. They all end up in the same place. Their blood, spilt upon the ground, pleases Armok all the same.

Their purpose is to meet their ends in spectacular Dwarven fashion, and if you are not prepared to deliver you ought to rethink your position as overseer and take up a job in tailoring or cooking. 
/人‿‿人\
Tell me what you see. It's a mortal wretched cacophony!
KodBlog: A rage in progress. Updated 20/04/12

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 13, 2012, 09:21:49 pm »

Yes, but only elves "wake trees up", "give them names", and "fall in love" with them!

Did you not see the video!?

King DZA

• Bay Watcher
  • Ruler of all things ruleable
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 13, 2012, 09:25:40 pm »

I've always seen their purpose as serving me and my goals. I don't give the slightest ounce of fuck what race you are. Have something I want/need? Welcome to the D.Z.A. Friendship Club.

Though, for the record, I am an excellent cook.

IT 000

• Bay Watcher
  • Strange Mood
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 13, 2012, 09:51:42 pm »

Humans. Goblins can be mined for goblinite, and at least the clothes they wear fit dwarves...

Humans bring caravans and better weapons though. Sometimes you can't process the goblinite.

Well that settles it, animal people.
If chopping wood is sure to result in fuel then you must CHOP! The furnace operators said that, and I'd say they know a little more about smelting than you do, pal, because they ARE DOING IT!

...And they perfected it so that no living men could beat them in the magma furnace!

...Then he used his smelt money to buy two of every ore on earth. Then he herded them onto an elven caravan, and burned the metal out of every single one of them.

***CORROSION v2.14***
<<<More Than Just Zombies>>>
Back from the Dead!

Mitchewawa

• Bay Watcher
  • My pick is the pick that will pierce the heavens!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 13, 2012, 10:22:31 pm »

I wouldn't say elves are 'useless', what with all their cool animals and such. I just think 'their usefulness is outweighed by how god damn annoying they are so I rob them and pave my streets in their blood'.
Mitch cancels sleep: Interrupted by Clowns

psychologicalshock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 13, 2012, 10:30:25 pm »

Gigantic pandas are pretty cool. Just sayin.

WaffleEggnog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 13, 2012, 10:37:12 pm »

Elves are usful? Crap i gotta destroy the evidence!

*Sparcley Treehumper has been struck down*

*Magikal Grassmollester has been struck down*

*Wonderpony Plantraper has been struck down*

In all seriousness, nothing can replace my hatred for elves. Its like a DF tradition, they have been hated for so long i cant imagine actuly trading with them now, or talking about them on the forums without magma involved

For me, killing elves is more of a mechanic then anything, or an unavoidable bug :p

« Last Edit: April 13, 2012, 10:39:10 pm by WaffleEggnog »
WHEN POSSIBLE, I PREFER TO CONSUME YOUR FACE.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 13, 2012, 10:50:53 pm »

At first, when I started playing in 40d, I didn't understand the hatred.

"They seem nice enough. A little ditzy... but not worthy of genocide..."

But then, I embarked with sparse trees.  I needed beds.  I needed barrels.

The elves came. They had 5, yes FIVE wood logs for sale.  I was livid.  I bought the logs, made much needed beds with them, and then started cutting trees.

Then the elf diplomat came.   I don't know where that pompous, self-righteous poofter learned diplomacy, but it sure wasn't from any school of ettiquette I have ever heard of; muttering obscenities under his breath, judgemental aspersions on my character, endless character assasinations.... after their stupid caravan tools sold me 5 logs1?

It was like being fed prunes with a tall glass of prunejuice, and a plate of metamucil wafers, and then given 5 sheets of toilet paper. (Individually torn.)

I killed them.  I killed them mercilessly.  They pleaded for peace from me, and I bluntly told them the war was their fault, then killed the merchant caravan outside, forced the diplomat to crawl through the gore on the way out, and promply killed them some more.

I will not forget!

JimDale

• Bay Watcher
  • Not actually at all
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 13, 2012, 11:08:19 pm »

At first, when I started playing in 40d, I didn't understand the hatred.

"They seem nice enough. A little ditzy... but not worthy of genocide..."

But then, I embarked with sparse trees.  I needed beds.  I needed barrels.

The elves came. They had 5, yes FIVE wood logs for sale.  I was livid.  I bought the logs, made much needed beds with them, and then started cutting trees.

Then the elf diplomat came.   I don't know where that pompous, self-righteous poofter learned diplomacy, but it sure wasn't from any school of ettiquette I have ever heard of; muttering obscenities under his breath, judgemental aspersions on my character, endless character assasinations.... after their stupid caravan tools sold me 5 logs1?

It was like being fed prunes with a tall glass of prunejuice, and a plate of metamucil wafers, and then given 5 sheets of toilet paper. (Individually torn.)

I killed them.  I killed them mercilessly.  They pleaded for peace from me, and I bluntly told them the war was their fault, then killed the merchant caravan outside, forced the diplomat to crawl through the gore on the way out, and promply killed them some more.

I will not forget!
That's odd. I've cut down at least 100+ trees this fort and they only showed up to trade me all of their wood and cloth stuff. No diplomat, no nothing.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 13, 2012, 11:13:59 pm »

Elves no longer send diplomats unless you use dfhack.

In the 40d days, elves routinely sent diplomats to tell you the max number of trees they would allow you to cut, while insulting you to your face.

The number was based on the rate of deforestation, the total tree count in the region, and some other things.  Could be as high as 200 trees. Could be as low as 0.

In my case? Fury set in, when they sad I could only cut 5.

Kofthefens

• Bay Watcher
  • Keep calm and OH GOD CAPYBARAS
    • View Profile
    • Marshland Games
« Reply #27 on: April 13, 2012, 11:15:53 pm »

They don't send diplomats anymore

Edit: ninja'd
I don't care about your indigestion-- How are you is a greeting, not a question.

The epic of Îton Sákrith
The Chronicles of HammerBlaze
My website - Free games

ddonohu2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 13, 2012, 11:45:11 pm »

The Elven Menace.

In recent times the relationship between dwarfish and elven peoples has been one of calm amity. The current state of affairs has brought great gains to the dwarfish nations and our trade with the elves has blessed us with access to many unique goods.

Blessings though they may be, the true nature of the elf should not be forgotten. In any mountain hall statues of past glory show the cruelty of elven kind. Their self righteous ultimatums and the bloody battles that have ensued are testament to their willingness to shed dwarfish blood for no greater insult than the refusal to adopt, unconditionally, elvish values.

All true dwarfs have heard and heed well the past legends of elvish aggression. We know that sooner or later the elves shall return to the old ways, to the way of the bow. For now the elves may be tolerated but, I beg you, question not those amongst us who choose to keep a sharp axe and an even sharper vigil. We are wary because of what the past has proven about our current partners.

I beg all dwarfs to heed me. The elf may be tolerated but not trusted, traded with but not befriended. The elf is a threat, maybe not today, but time will show their true nature. They will reveal themselves and for the sake of your home, your family and your comrades, keep a stout guard against that day. Guard against the elven menace.

thegoatgod_pan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 14, 2012, 12:11:25 am »

The Elven Menace.

In recent times the relationship between dwarfish and elven peoples has been one of calm amity. The current state of affairs has brought great gains to the dwarfish nations and our trade with the elves has blessed us with access to many unique goods.

Blessings though they may be, the true nature of the elf should not be forgotten. In any mountain hall statues of past glory show the cruelty of elven kind. Their self righteous ultimatums and the bloody battles that have ensued are testament to their willingness to shed dwarfish blood for no greater insult than the refusal to adopt, unconditionally, elvish values.

All true dwarfs have heard and heed well the past legends of elvish aggression. We know that sooner or later the elves shall return to the old ways, to the way of the bow. For now the elves may be tolerated but, I beg you, question not those amongst us who choose to keep a sharp axe and an even sharper vigil. We are wary because of what the past has proven about our current partners.

I beg all dwarfs to heed me. The elf may be tolerated but not trusted, traded with but not befriended. The elf is a threat, maybe not today, but time will show their true nature. They will reveal themselves and for the sake of your home, your family and your comrades, keep a stout guard against that day. Guard against the elven menace.

And let's not forget the whole cannibal thing....
More ridiculous than reindeer?  Where you think you supercool and is you things the girls where I honestly like I is then why are humans on their as my people or what would you?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4