Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Dragon Age 3  (Read 7801 times)

Kilroy the Grand

• Bay Watcher
  • I only want to give you a small kiss
    • View Profile
Dragon Age 3
« on: April 12, 2012, 12:54:55 am »

In Dragon age 3 you will get to *GASP* Equip your party! You will also get to explore more than 5 places!

I know, I know, Bioware is truly breaking new ground here. How they thought of these original and inventive ideas I have no idea. These people are gods gift to gaming.
*pew* *blam* "Aughgghggurglegurgle..." *slither* *slither* *pit* *pat* *tap* *click-click* *BOOM* "Aiiieeegurgle gurgle..."
X-com meets Dwarf Fortress

Lord Dullard

• Bay Watcher
  • Indubitably.
    • View Profile
    • Cult: Awakening of the Old Ones
Re: Dragon Age 3
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2012, 01:38:49 am »

Bioware just keeps getting progressively more moronic with each release. If my calculations are correct, it's only a matter of time before they produce Indiana Jones and the Crystal Skull of the Kingdom of the Jersey Shore: The Beach Republic III and the universe ends in a singularity of pure stupid shit.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2012, 01:41:29 am by Lord Dullard »

Catastrophic lolcats

• Bay Watcher
  • [FORTRESSDESTROYER:2]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2012, 01:40:47 am »

What the hell is Bioware? Wasn't it like a kind of archaic game company from the long long ago in the before times? Before the glorious unification of the great EA Empire which brought us out of the Dark Ages and herald us into the age of the Starborn Ones.

I've always found it annoying that you can claim a booth at PAX/E3/ETC and just praddle on about nothing at all. No gameplay videos, no real information just useless shit like how they've managed to use EVEN MORE [slams table] polygons rendering the tits of the token female characters.

On the Duchy of "Bioware": So it took you all these years to work out that people didn't like DA2 and there was some real issues they brought up with the core mechanics/nearly everything about it? Glad to see that wasn't time and money ill spent. Better get back to rendering tits and writing homosexual fanficition.

612DwarfAvenue

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice actor.
    • View Profile
    • TESnexus profile, has my voice acting portfolio.
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2012, 01:42:45 am »

Honestly, i think the reason DA2 wasn't as good was due to EA. Think about it, DA1, ME1 and 2, all excellent games just like BioWare's previous works, then suddenly DA2. A misstep like that is quite out of character, and considering EA's recent-ish track record for less-than-stellar games, i wouldn't be surprised if EA had a meddling hand in DA2.
My voice acting portfolio.
Centration. Similar to Spacestation 13, but in 3D and first-person. Sounds damn awesome.
NanoTrasen Exploratory Team: SS13 in DF.

Lord Dullard

• Bay Watcher
  • Indubitably.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2012, 01:46:55 am »

Bioware was gold before EA got a hold of it. Now they seem to be the vanguard of EA's attempt to destroy humanity through the power of The Stupid.

Lord Dullard

• Bay Watcher
  • Indubitably.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2012, 01:47:22 am »

(Some kind of weird forum bug caused me to double post. Whoops.)

Orangebottle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2012, 01:49:17 am »

I didn't buy DA2 simply because of the main character. I mean, why couldn't I bring in my character from DA1 as the main character instead of some random guy that I don't like? Or make an entirely different character, if I really wanted/needed to?
My Sig
Quote from: The Binder of Shame: RPGnet Rants
"We're in his toilet. We're in Cthulhu's toilet."

""Hey! No breaking character while breaking character"

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2012, 01:49:26 am »

Honestly, i think the reason DA2 wasn't as good was due to EA. Think about it, DA1, ME1 and 2, all excellent games just like BioWare's previous works, then suddenly DA2. A misstep like that is quite out of character, and considering EA's recent-ish track record for less-than-stellar games, i wouldn't be surprised if EA had a meddling hand in DA2.
DA2 was not a misstep, it was a continuation of the bad direction Bioware was going in, changing key game mechanics for no apparent reason a la Mass Effect 2. Bioware just hasn't had a good sequel since Baldur's Gate 2.
I'm sure EA has a major role in Bioware's descent into terribad levels, but Bioware itself is a major problem even without EA at this point.

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2012, 02:15:07 am »

Hell, I hated DA1, and you tell me DA2 was worse? Remind me not to pick up another Dragon Age game O.o

Kilroy the Grand

• Bay Watcher
  • I only want to give you a small kiss
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2012, 02:20:50 am »

Did you know EAs stock is at a 52 week low?

I liked DA1, the characters were likable, and it had an interesting story. DA2 was... dull, I barely managed to get to the underdark and back before quitting.
*pew* *blam* "Aughgghggurglegurgle..." *slither* *slither* *pit* *pat* *tap* *click-click* *BOOM* "Aiiieeegurgle gurgle..."
X-com meets Dwarf Fortress

Lord Dullard

• Bay Watcher
  • Indubitably.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2012, 02:24:20 am »

I actually wasn't quite sure why DA1 was so popular myself. It was... okay. It didn't have enough charm or good enough game mechanics to keep me until the end of the game (I think I got about halfway through then never finished).

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2012, 02:30:27 am »

Hell, I hated DA1, and you tell me DA2 was worse?

Since they are nothing alike, that would depend on why you disliked the original.
Love, scriver~

Tilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Slam with the best or jam with the rest
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2012, 03:00:19 am »

I didn't buy DA2 simply because of the main character. I mean, why couldn't I bring in my character from DA1 as the main character instead of some random guy that I don't like? Or make an entirely different character, if I really wanted/needed to?

Of all the things to complain about, this is not one. The storyline is taking place concurrently with the original, at least at the start. The Grey Warden from the first game could not be there at the same time.

Orangebottle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 12, 2012, 03:57:40 am »

Of all the things to complain about, this is not one. The storyline is taking place concurrently with the original, at least at the start. The Grey Warden from the first game could not be there at the same time.

Please read first.
My Sig
Quote from: The Binder of Shame: RPGnet Rants
"We're in his toilet. We're in Cthulhu's toilet."

""Hey! No breaking character while breaking character"

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
  • Distant Traces of Beauty
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 12, 2012, 04:20:10 am »

I always thought it made complete sense that Dragon Age 2 used a new character instead of the warden for one simple reason. For many players at the end of DAO the warden was dead, by making a sequel including him/her you are basically either ignoring the sacrifice that he/she made or excluding a section of your fan base. DAO ended the warden's story there is no reason he/she should be included in any future game.
* greatorder smothers Kansa with earwax
Pages: [1] 2 3 4