Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: War with the elves (How will this war be fought Bay 12!?)  (Read 886 times)

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
War with the elves (How will this war be fought Bay 12!?)
« on: April 11, 2012, 08:57:12 pm »

I genned a new world and stumbled on a less than ideal area (temperate freshwater lake, lacking volcanos I normally require to embark; and I have an issue with my hospital water freezing. My injured soldiers die when it happens.) But, the lake and stream will feed my dorfs. So, how will this war be fought? Magma isn't an option here as I dislike the FPS drop pumping the shit causes. So, what will occur oh mighty Bay12ers?

Shall I kill them with the wood they so love? Shall I forge my arsenal with the trees they cherish? Kill them with glass disks requiring wood to make? What about my modded yaks (no fear, and trainable?) Shall I bring them to enter the battle?

Let's see what you guys suggest. Outside the magma, I'll take all ideas for this; It's the first time I've ever been at war with the tree humpers, and I wanna have a whole mess of fun kicking thier miserable teeth down thier throats.

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: War with the elves (How will this war be fought Bay 12!?)
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2012, 09:03:57 pm »

No death. WAIT, BEFORE YOU STONE ME! (:P) Capture all the elves you can. Dozens, hundreds, thousands! Capture all of them and, when the time comes, jam them all in one cage (that's not a tree you're humpin'...) linked to a lever right in the candy vein. Wall off the area, and have your best miner dig their way into the candy. If you're lucky, the clowns will be there waiting. After your miner is eviscerated, pull the lever. Suddenly, fucktons of treehumpers will explode out of nowhere and get into a giant brawl with the clowns. Last creature standing gets buried under your soldiers and turned into mammal/demon sushi.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2012, 09:08:22 pm »

Hmmm........ Tempting. But time consuming. I'm looking for short term slaughter of hippies. And thier fighting beasts.

Evidently my civ has tamed assloads of various animals. A large number of them giant, and may have enslaved a number of gremlins. And if I had set the points high enough, i'd be bringing a GCS. War yaks will serve in thier stead.

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2012, 11:09:15 pm »

Buy wooden armor and weapons for awhile, make em think your pals, NO TREE KILLIN'

WAAAIT.

THEN BACKSTAB EM, MAKE THEM FEEL THEY LOST A FRIEND!
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2012, 11:10:14 pm »

Already at war. And I hit magnetite. I also decided to be a filthy cheat to get some magma furnaces up and running so I will PISS IN THIER METAPHORICAL GASTANKS.