Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: [Giveaway] 10 Winners, Ends Friday  (Read 5144 times)

hemmingjay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [Giveaway] 10 Winners, Ends Friday
« Reply #30 on: April 12, 2012, 12:04:18 am »

Thanks everyone! Your honesty is greqtly appeciated more than you know. So happy I can help you AND GoRadio.com at the same time! Looking forward to announcing winners on friday.
Only a simple mind can be certain.

hemmingjay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 12, 2012, 08:06:21 am »

There are still 2 days to enter this and be a part of shaping something different.

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 12, 2012, 07:23:06 pm »

Posting to remember to post my thoughts.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #33 on: April 12, 2012, 07:30:18 pm »

Tried it out. I went with the #allin station. Sound quality is okay, though there was a very long delay before it started. I showed it to a few people as well.

I don't have any of these games: Shoot Many Robots, Hack Slash Loot, Will Fight for Food, Deadly 30, All Zombies Must Die, Many Worlds Theory, Wizorb, Scary Girl.

Any of those would be cool to win, but I'm not terribly worried about it. Glad to help out without a 'bribe'. :P

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 12, 2012, 07:31:00 pm »

(Xenonauts)

Site seems pretty clean. The front page could use some more description, though. I wouldn't have realized right away what was going on with the 4 stations if I didn't know that's what I was looking for.

Music-wise, none of them really fit me, so I doubt I'll use the service after this. I have rather specific and eclectic tastes, so the only radio I use of any sort is Pandora. And even then I usually just listen to music I've collected on my PC rather than use that.

The overall idea of having music and related news and stuff seems like a good idea, though. So I imagine the site should do well once it starts to pull in the target audience.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

AussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • [Australian]
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 12, 2012, 07:46:59 pm »

(Any game)

The site looks clean and simple, although the home page is a bit vague and the 'word' description didn't give much hint to what it would be playing.

Sorry to say but I didn't really like any of the music on there (Except for Meta which played a few not too bad songs) , and I would doubt if I ever used it again because if I listened to music, I would listen to my own collection of songs.

Qmarx

• Bay Watcher
  • "?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 12, 2012, 08:02:17 pm »

The swapping between channel options on the front page is a bit awkward. 

It takes long enough to change that I initially didn't realize it changed at all.  The label"#ALLIN High Energy, Open Minded, Always up for a party"

Doesn't really make it sound like a particular music channel.  I was kind of expecting that to be a link to all your channels or something, since it had the word 'all' in it.  Not really an in depth analysis, but that's my first impression.

It takes my computer about 25 seconds to actually start the music playing - 10 seconds for firefox to finish saying the site has finished loaded, and 15 seconds beyond that to get the player working.  That's pretty long, and obviously needs streamlining.

I do like that once you've started playing, you can click on 'playlist' and not have any skipping.  That's a good feature.

As is, the music styles featured aren't exactly my cup of tea, so I can't say anything about them one way or another.

Interesting in Scary Girl.

varsovie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 12, 2012, 08:32:45 pm »

At first I was lost on the site, there is a lot of stuff, but I didn't find how to start playing the music.
Until I saw that it's a flash player (I block flash with Opera).

The first thing I hear : "shit, bitch".  :P It was a rap on ALLIN, and that's by far my favorite of the four.
I got so small streaming problem (cuts) on Meta.

Just maybe add a warning of crude language on ALLIN, the is even some in the titles
(Artist: Anjulie
Title: Brand New Bitch
Time: Thu Apr 12 21:23:30 EDT 2012)

And WTF with your meals on meta! It's full Epic Meal Time, and it makes me hungry.

I will go for Legende of Grimrock or Wizorb.

Thank

Nistenf

• Bay Watcher
  • The cake is a lie
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 12, 2012, 10:39:19 pm »

Change my choice from Grimrock to Xenonauts!

BuriBuriZaemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 13, 2012, 06:28:51 am »

(Legend of Grimrock)

EDIT: Please change to Xenonauts. And I choose an indie game to support indie gaming developers, yay!

I like Meta the best, still listening to it now. The music is somewhat relaxing after a long day at work. The styling of the website really got me.

Listening to the DJ's voice reminds me of driving a car and listening to the radio in GTA Vice City.

The random quote on the website is a nice touch.

Also, not sure why other people are having slow connection. I am from Australia and the website and the radio load relatively fast.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2012, 09:01:01 am by BuriBuriZaemon »
Napalm is great if you enjoy hot and spicy foods. I personally enjoy some liquid nitrogen.

Steam profile: Elsior
Friend Code: 2938 - 7181 - 3815 (Elsior/Elle Ciel)

hemmingjay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 13, 2012, 08:05:00 am »

Edited the rules to allow for winners to choose one of these 185(under $20) products from this sale http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html/ref=br_lf_m_1000789381_pglink_1?ie=UTF8&plgroup=1&docId=1000789381&plpage=1
« Last Edit: April 13, 2012, 08:10:41 am by hemmingjay »

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 13, 2012, 06:13:02 pm »

(Xenonauts)

I haven't had any connection issues, even on my crappy connection so that's great.

Commercials aren't that bad, they don't happen very often and their generally pretty short.

I really like the website design, it sucked me in and the boxes of info and the blog thing is pretty nice.

It would be nice if you could skip a song you didn't like, a few popped up that I just wasn't interested in.

One last thing, the music player is rather slow to pop up and you can miss it if it doesn't load at the top of the page. In all, great site, will probably spend a lot more time on it.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

hemmingjay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 13, 2012, 06:16:23 pm »

Thanks for the feedback guys! As I have said, they are developing a new player and experimenting with hardware to work out some of the hiccups.

hemmingjay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
OVER: [Giveaway] 10 Winners, Ends Friday
« Reply #43 on: April 13, 2012, 08:49:17 pm »

Thanks for the help with this everyone. In the end everyone had about a 50% chance of winning. The 10 winners are below. Winners please send me an email or PM with an email address and your choice of game. I will try to get everyone their prizes within the next 12 hours.

Jerick
Xeron
pilgrimboy
Dohon
kinseti
Nirur Torir
Nistenf
BuriBuriZaemon
Thendash
Scelly9

Dohon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 13, 2012, 09:07:50 pm »

Cheers, hemmingjay! PM to follow soon.

I hope your friends found the feedback useful and I want to wish them all the best with their project. May it prosper, flourish and conquer!
Quote from: Lolfail0009
Quote from: GuesssWho
Also, why is there a stray hen having a tantrum?
CLUCK CLUCK MOTHERF***ER
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4