Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9

Author Topic: WONDERS of the ANCIENT FOURMS  (Read 14528 times)

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
Re: WONDERS of the ANCIENT FOURMS
« Reply #75 on: April 12, 2012, 03:28:36 pm »

I'm getting flashbacks of the Livestream craze that happened. Workerdrone had some pretty entertaining livestream sessions, I also remember Road Rash was a rather popular game amongst the all the livestreaming, and all the biker confetti being thrown around.

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: April 12, 2012, 05:05:40 pm »

There was only one avatar fad I joined in, and I've still got it:

SMIIIILLEEEE  :D

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

fqllve

• Bay Watcher
  • (grammar) anarcho-communist
    • View Profile
    • ufowitch
« Reply #78 on: April 12, 2012, 05:51:49 pm »

Holy shit. So that's where Blarg got the avatar from my nightmares. How did I miss that thread?
You don't use freedom Penguin. First you demand it, then you have it.
No using. That's not what freedom is for.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: April 13, 2012, 12:44:37 am »

« Last Edit: October 28, 2015, 11:20:59 pm by penguinofhonor »

Wayward Device

• Bay Watcher
  • Has no dealings with the incarnations of gods
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: April 13, 2012, 07:35:45 pm »

Just wanted to say this thread has been very educational. As someone who only joined and started posting a year ago and lurked for maybe a year before that its been fascinating to experience these samples of the very root of bay12ian culture. What was particularly interesting was seeing the thread were toady responded to just some general comment, like a regular forumite would. Never seen that before, only warning's etc and the mighty toad's answers to people's questions in future of the fortress and the like. It's like finding a steampunk Ancient Greek recording of Julius Ceasar having a chat with one of his legionaries.   
« Last Edit: April 13, 2012, 07:37:34 pm by Wayward Device »
or maybe Valve goes out of business because they invested too heavily in something which then fails - like, say, human civilization.
Alternatively, initiate strife to refuse additional baked goods, and then abscond.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: April 13, 2012, 07:45:22 pm »

It's like finding a steampunk Ancient Greek recording of Julius Ceasar having a chat with one of his legionaries.

Funny you should mention that.  Although honestly, in all the time I've been here, the only topic I've ever seen Tarn and Zach get conversational on that wasn't Bay12 Games was a thread about zoos.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

612DwarfAvenue

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice actor.
    • View Profile
    • TESnexus profile, has my voice acting portfolio.
« Reply #82 on: April 13, 2012, 07:50:42 pm »

Ahh, i remember VN. The half-joking Yuri threads, anyone?

Plus my whole Necron assault, the Zombie invasion, the Penguin avatars and our war against them, SniperJoe, those websites that were made for the purposes of having VN that wasn't on Bay12 here (are they even still there?), the VN house we made, the Ministers, the VN Civil War, my Lolcat assault...
My voice acting portfolio.
Centration. Similar to Spacestation 13, but in 3D and first-person. Sounds damn awesome.
NanoTrasen Exploratory Team: SS13 in DF.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: April 13, 2012, 07:53:57 pm »

I missed all the interesting fights. :-\
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: April 13, 2012, 08:24:16 pm »

You were around for the pony debacle of 2011...
He's just keeping up with the Cardassians.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #85 on: April 13, 2012, 08:28:47 pm »

Holy shit. So that's where Blarg got the avatar from my nightmares. How did I miss that thread?
I see that you enjoyed my work. ^_^

That was really like I said in the thread. Not particulalrly hard, but instead, more time consuming than anything else I've worked on.

EDIT:
With my skills with Photoshop improving over time. I can always refine it's animation so it runs a little smoother (less obvious smudge tool, a bit of healing brush through the frames.), thereby making it far more creepy. I'll have to aim for the Uncanny Valley if I want the effect to be at top performance.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2012, 08:40:30 pm by Itnetlolor »

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: April 13, 2012, 09:34:34 pm »

That was less of a fight and more of a pony-themed creepyness ending in ruin.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: April 14, 2012, 12:17:13 am »

I've got many fond memories of VN, that's what I grew up on this forum on. Of course, after the great split, there wasn't much use for it anymore (of course, seems like a'boot half of GD would fit there nowindays), so it degraded badly. I still miss it, though, and there's some cool old threads in there, for those who'll look at them.

Man, I don't easily pop up in like any of the important threads of our past. I'm some sort of second stringer, I guess, even if it didn't seem it at the time.
Even the avatars expire eventually.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: April 14, 2012, 12:37:06 am »

I get two different kinds of strange sensations when reading through my own old posts.

The first one, disturbing enough in itself, is that sometimes it's like meeting a whole different person. As in, meeting an alternate reality yourself (or rather, your past self).

The second one, which is more insidiously worrying, is when I find a couple of posts which are clones of each other and are separated by years inbetween. It makes one wonder if old RPG characters repeating over and over the same lines are so unrealistic, after all, since we end up doing the same thing, albeit with a bigger repertoire.
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: April 14, 2012, 01:12:31 am »

That was less of a fight and more of a pony-themed creepyness ending in ruin.
Or more accurately, a pileup of misunderstandings, misinformation, and (possibly intentional) mischief-making, with a miserly garnishing of pony on the side.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9